Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S4+ Discussion and Support Thread - page 6. (Read 20065 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Nice to see a bigger unit come about however that power ratio in UK would not even RIO on machine from generation of coins minted to cost of about £0.14 per KWH With the massive spikes in diff and no doubt bigger spikes when these units are about and online it will kill any profit made from them. If the power was half the use of what it is now and having to use a 1600w psu  and reduced down to 700 would be a massive improvement. Think going to wait for next gen of  chips to come out for that to happen.
Activity: 507
Merit: 500
Dogie... I got my Water Cooling Block last night and set up! Smiley

And I think I'm in love... Everything is running at 45C... that's a Whole ~20-25C drop in over all temp......

Pics to follow this weekend.

And We can all start talking about how to get them to all of you that want/need them.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
It has enough space also she is in the top of the tower where it should have better temperature .... as if the team I made ​​him overclocked ..

Can you show us a picture of your rack please?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
It has enough space also she is in the top of the tower where it should have better temperature .... as if the team I made ​​him overclocked ..
legendary
dogiecoin.com
the ambient temperature is 32 degrees, is working with other antminer s4 that go great temperature 52 degrees , this is new s4 + bitmain purchased directly from ... I can not do.

32C should be fine, mine is running in much hotter than that. Do you have sufficient space either side for airflow? Its not receiving hot air from other miners is it?
the ambient temperature is 32 degrees, is working with other antminer s4 that go great temperature 52 degrees , this is new s4 + bitmain purchased directly from ... I can not do.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Hello , I bought some antminer s4 + and have the problem, connect and alcabo 30 minutes the temperature reaches 90 degrees and stops for safety. the equipment is brand new and will work all the fans, I need please help me ...

What is your ambient temperature like? Are all blades getting this hot or one specific blade? To hit 90 is not really good.   Is it overclocked heavily?

What pool is it connected to just out of curiosity?
Hello , I bought some antminer s4 + and have the problem, connect and alcabo 30 minutes the temperature reaches 90 degrees and stops for safety. the equipment is brand new and will work all the fans, I need please help me ...
legendary
dogiecoin.com
One of them makes fancy noises, must be a fan, I remember Dogie wrote somewhere that he had such a noise, too. Some more miners will arrive next week.. Smiley

My money would be on one of the fans being ever so slightly misbalanced, which at those RPMs generates some exotic sounding vibrations. I had it on my S4, not much you can do other than add in rubber isolation pad.
Activity: 689
Merit: 260
Hi guys

I got 3 more S4+ devices so I decided to put them into a rack.. Unfortunately I wasn't able to put them in a rack, they just didn't really fit so I gave up after 5 minutes... the brackets don't really fit and the screws are too long, so it's a bit annoying. However, I decided to put them into the rack, without mounting them.. I just put a floor panel from our datacenter at the bottom of the rack so I could stack the miners on top of it...

One of them makes fancy noises, must be a fan, I remember Dogie wrote somewhere that he had such a noise, too. Some more miners will arrive next week.. Smiley

Regards
supertee
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
If absolutely nothing is happening then its power related. That can be short protection kicked in, undervolt protection (not it) or something else. Have a look about for any small bits of heatsink that may have come off during shipping, and if you can give the case a shake to check for any noise. Then it'd be on to opening up the PSU, but that is NOT something recommended as its dangerous.

Don't hear or see any loose pieces. All connectors are connected.

Contact the Zendesk to arrange a replacement then: bitmain.zendesk.com

This was a PSU issue. Bitmain is arranging a replacement PSU. Thanks for your help.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
If absolutely nothing is happening then its power related. That can be short protection kicked in, undervolt protection (not it) or something else. Have a look about for any small bits of heatsink that may have come off during shipping, and if you can give the case a shake to check for any noise. Then it'd be on to opening up the PSU, but that is NOT something recommended as its dangerous.

Contact the Zendesk to arrange a replacement then: bitmain.zendesk.com
Activity: 507
Merit: 500

What does the multi meter say for power coming out the wall?

legendary
dogiecoin.com
I have 5x S4+ here and one won't turn on. Will I void the warranty if I open it up? Email already sent to [email protected] Thanks

Not unless you damage something, just be careful and slow.

You are an official agent of Bitmain and can speak on their behalf? Thanks

I can't bind Bitmain, but I'll do my best to help you out should anything go wrong.

Opened it up and nothing looks loose or broken inside. Any suggestions?

I have 5x S4+ here and one won't turn on. Will I void the warranty if I open it up? Email already sent to [email protected] Thanks

I can't bind Bitmain, but I'll do my best to help you out should anything go wrong.

Opened it up and nothing looks loose or broken inside. Any suggestions?
legendary
dogiecoin.com

legendary
dogiecoin.com

Pages:
Jump to: