Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S4+ Discussion and Support Thread - page 10. (Read 20065 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
saw the reaction of the members of this forum and people who have experience in the mining, regarding this new product S4 + .. it is a great disappointment for most part of them !!
for me this new product only slows the progress of Bitcoin and minors .. UNFORTUNATELY

You are missing a huge jump for Bitmain.  They went to the 220/240.  This is HUGE as far as future designs.

If they don't lock all miners to the 110/120  it opens the door to much bigger miners.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
saw the reaction of the members of this forum and people who have experience in the mining, regarding this new product S4 + .. it is a great disappointment for most part of them !!
for me this new product only slows the progress of Bitcoin and minors .. UNFORTUNATELY

I am almost 40 years old and support slowing the progress of minors 100%, let kids be kids!
Activity: 40
Merit: 13
@MidwestMiner,

Can you open the top cover and video record how all the LEDs are acting to include the blue Beagle Bone led and ethernet port LED?

Red LED indicate, the system detected an error. 

Please go to the System Log/Kernel Log and see if you can grab that data.

My Bitmain Antminer S4+ rebooted and now shows a solid red light only on the front. What does this mean? Solution?

LED codes:
  - The green LED will flash when mining, and the red LED will remain on while in an error or overheat state.[/td][td]  - Download firmware as above. Navigate to System -> Upgrade and click
"browse". Select the downloaded file and click "Flash image". Do NOT
interrupt this process or you will brick the unit.

Is it possible your unit overheated?

Possible but unlikely.

I so not have physical access but it seems a hard reboot and factory reset solved it. Probably was a overheat. If I experience further issues i ll make sure to get pictures etc.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
@MidwestMiner,

Can you open the top cover and video record how all the LEDs are acting to include the blue Beagle Bone led and ethernet port LED?

Red LED indicate, the system detected an error. 

Please go to the System Log/Kernel Log and see if you can grab that data.

My Bitmain Antminer S4+ rebooted and now shows a solid red light only on the front. What does this mean? Solution?

LED codes:
  - The green LED will flash when mining, and the red LED will remain on while in an error or overheat state.[/td][td]  - Download firmware as above. Navigate to System -> Upgrade and click

Possible but unlikely.

LED codes:

Possible but unlikely.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
It will take about a year I guess, to mine 3.9BTC with the S4+.
Could be a bit earlyer but I guess about 10 months.
It's up to you and me if we going to take the gamble if we think the price will gain alot or not.

You won't make it if you factor electricity cost and all the work you'll put into this crap.

Just buy 3.9BTC with the money you are going to spend on that machien and hold these BTC. You'll end up with more BTC (3.9 instead of 1,2 or maybe 3).
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

LED codes:

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
It will take about a year I guess, to mine 3.9BTC with the S4+.
Could be a bit earlyer but I guess about 10 months.
It's up to you and me if we going to take the gamble if we think the price will gain alot or not.
Activity: 812
Sooo...

3.9 BTC for something that will never mine 3.9 BTC back and will consume 1480w 24/7 (hundreds of $$$)

Is Bitmain high or something ?

Did i miss something ?
donator
@dogie,

We do not carry any U3 for RMA in USA, EU, SouthEast Asia, and Ukraine centers.

legendary
dogiecoin.com
We do have S1, S2, S3, S3+, S4, S4+, S5 and U1 and U2 parts

You missed out U3, poor U3 Sad

I am not particulary happy with the fact that Bitmain decided to not build in an LCD screen.
Even more so, I just hate the fact that there is no "buzzer"
Why would they do that, it was convenient and a good thing to have. The buzzer is just important to have.
Does anyone know WHY they decided to not include an LCD and an buzzer in this model?
For the price and especially the power usage they could at least have placed(keeped) the buzzer..why did they remove it, where they did have it in the "normal" S4..?

Few things:
1) Stock moved from static to DHCP so it can't get stuck on random IPs, which was the main purpose of the LCD.
2) Its got a quick setup button for minerlink, which works similar to WPS devices on a router.
3) Almost no overclocking (overheats) and no underclocking (fixed voltage so constant W/GH). Makes reporting GH/s rather pointless.
4) The buzzer annoyed people more than anything. In small farms it was annoying, in large farms it was often difficult to locate.
5) The buzzer often wouldn't disable properly which was exceptionally annoying.
6) Did I mention the buzzer was annoying? Tongue Maybe it will reappear in another model though.

Replace with LED Strobe.. Smiley

I wouldn't be against some aggressive LEDs at all. If someone's walking round the farm looking for the unit which is down it should be pretty obvious, although the tradeoff is that it won't alert you to a downed machine. You'd have to know there is a machine down.
Activity: 507
I am not particulary happy with the fact that Bitmain decided to not build in an LCD screen.
Even more so, I just hate the fact that there is no "buzzer"
Why would they do that, it was convenient and a good thing to have. The buzzer is just important to have.
Does anyone know WHY they decided to not include an LCD and an buzzer in this model?
For the price and especially the power usage they could at least have placed(keeped) the buzzer..why did they remove it, where they did have it in the "normal" S4..?

Few things:
1) Stock moved from static to DHCP so it can't get stuck on random IPs, which was the main purpose of the LCD.
2) Its got a quick setup button for minerlink, which works similar to WPS devices on a router.
3) Almost no overclocking (overheats) and no underclocking (fixed voltage so constant W/GH). Makes reporting GH/s rather pointless.
4) The buzzer annoyed people more than anything. In small farms it was annoying, in large farms it was often difficult to locate.
5) The buzzer often wouldn't disable properly which was exceptionally annoying.
6) Did I mention the buzzer was annoying? Tongue Maybe it will reappear in another model though.

Replace with LED Strobe.. Smiley
donator
Bitcoin Miner is a Specialty Item at the moment.  (Fortunately or Unfortunately)

Bitcoin Mining Hardware, the life span can be very short.

At least Bitmain Hardware sold directly from Bitmaintech.com is sold from Hong Kong, SAR, China.  A special district within China.  

You can certainly buy from some resellers in EU.  Some of the person resells Antminer even post comments here time to time for Antminer products and also provide technical assistance.  They may be held on the EU standard but not when you buy direct from the Hong Kong Company.

Direct Sale only covers the original buyer for the 90-day warranty.

Bitmain is strive to make better and long lasting hardware every day, however, bitcoin mining hardware is still a very early stage mathmatical system that is specially build for a small nitch of market by special demand.

Please be patient with us and we will try to remain the best in Warranty when it comes to the industry standard.

P.S:
We do have S1, S2, S3, S3+, S4, S4+, S5 and U1 and U2 parts are held for Special Request from EU customers for the units that were sold from some of the local warranty centers of Bitmain USA to be compliance of the EU Consumer Protection Regulations as well as the regulations in USA.

Hope this helps a bit
legendary
dogiecoin.com
But strange, at least here in Italy and Europe guarantee of any product is at least two years, I do not know why you bitmain of dates only 90 days warranty. This and a mystery Undecided

Do remember that products sold from a non EU seller to an EU buyers don't have the same rights as EU sellers to EU buyers. Although KNCMiner's legal team seemed to conclude they could sell with 90 days with EU to EU.
legendary
Activity: 1456
But strange, at least here in Italy and Europe guarantee of any product is at least two years, I do not know why you bitmain of dates only 90 days warranty. This and a mystery Undecided

Miner's do not have near this long of warranty.  It's not bitmain who only does this, but 90 day's is pretty standard for asics.

This gives you enough time to set it up, make sure not DOA.  Also time to set up and get it working properly.   So within the 90 day's you have a lot of time to set up and make sure miner works right.    With how miners switch generations there is no way to do a warranty of near two years.

They stop making the parts way before 2 years.  They move on to next machines, possible different generations.   So even if they wanted to there would just not be parts to do it.

*Please read comment below it appears they have some parts for each generation Smiley
Activity: 798
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Our first generation Miner S1 produced in October of 2013, are still hashing!
S2 released in April of 2014 are still hashing!

Warranty is 90-days, however, most hardware do last well over 1 year and S1 as an example, 18 months and still hashing!

Ok thanks!
Im glad to hear that! Smiley
donator
Our first generation Miner S1 produced in October of 2013, are still hashing!
S2 released in April of 2014 are still hashing!

Warranty is 90-days, however, most hardware do last well over 1 year and S1 as an example, 18 months and still hashing!
Pages:
Jump to: