Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 133. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
As usual with Bitmain, we pre-ship again!  (Shipped Earlier than announced)

Congratz on a accomplishment once again!
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
As usual with Bitmain, we pre-ship again!  (Shipped Earlier than announced)
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Just a note for those who ordered on DHGate tio pay via credit card: Was asking Tim with Bitmain a question on another product and he mentioned that my  DHGate S5 order should ship within the next two days. My order was very recent, so if you have a DHG order it should be shipping now or very soon.

Cool. About 1.5 weeks ago for me! I ordered one by btc and one by cc. We will see which one gets here first Smiley
Activity: 311
Merit: 250
Just a note for those who ordered on DHGate tio pay via credit card: Was asking Tim with Bitmain a question on another product and he mentioned that my  DHGate S5 order should ship within the next two days. My order was very recent, so if you have a DHG order it should be shipping now or very soon.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
I need to reduce the noise generated by the S5 as far as I reasonably can without hurting its ability to cool itself.  I find that push/pull S3 fans (~2520rpm typical) are easily quieter than the stock S5 push and cool well, though would still prefer quieter.  Would a Noctua 2000 (1" Vs 1.5" depth) as a push provide noticeably quieter operation at same ambient temp without compromising cooling?  Or some other alternative (4pin PWM needed for controller compatibility)?

PS. Received shipment confirmation today for two S5 -- thanks for the week early ship Bitmain!
donator
@ilpirata79,

Are you in Italy?  email [email protected]  we may have the warranty replacement parts in your area.

or use Live Chat from here

https://v2.zopim.com/widget/livechat.html?key=2ZaJsbRPVUUFCqOE8MmgXgbFFdNYxOBP

Need Bitmaintech.com Order ID and original Shipping Tracking Number.

Thank you!

I received two C1 and two syscooling kits. One kit has one fan not working. How can I get a replacement?

Best regards,
ilpirata79
donator
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
is it possible to power an s5 with a 550W gold psu? Seasonic G-550 80+ Gold Modular

Only if underclocked. Using HP server supplies my S5's running stock speed pull 605-610 watts from the wall as reported by the UPS's on some of them.

One NEVER ever should continuously run any PSU at or close to it's max output. It simply will not last or be stable. For any constant load eg miners, general rule of thumb is to load a PSU - and the line feeding it - to 80% or less of the maximum rating. So for an s5 I'd go with at least a 750w supply to keep everything happy.

Agreed 80% is optimum depending on efficiency rating on the PSU. 85% is doable too but overloading a PSU in any case is not good and really just gambling with equipment lifetime.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
is it possible to power an s5 with a 550W gold psu? Seasonic G-550 80+ Gold Modular

Only if underclocked. Using HP server supplies my S5's running stock speed pull 605-610 watts from the wall as reported by the UPS's on some of them.

One NEVER ever should continuously run any PSU at or close to it's max output. It simply will not last or be stable. For any constant load eg miners, general rule of thumb is to load a PSU - and the line feeding it - to 80% or less of the maximum rating. So for an s5 I'd go with at least a 750w supply to keep everything happy.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
That's a pretty bad design flaw if you ask me. This should be fixed ASAP.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
What is the best way to overheat the miner to check if it will shut down at 80C?
Blocking or unplugging the fan in my mind, could be voiding a warranty.  My test was to simply disconnect my internet - which is a real life occurrence (failed internet service).  It might take a few minutes for the current information to finish its hashing and start beeping, but it will.
Why would no internet connection cause it to overheat?

Oops... I made an assumption, that the way my S5's and Opentoe's are working, that will do it.  When there is no internet, there is no new information coming in to the miner to hash.  What at least the 2 of us have seen, is when it's not hashing, it heats up.  I would try that first, so that if you have any hardware failure from overheating, no internet access is a regular problem that should be planned for (the other options mentioned, are not normal operating conditions expected for the miners - just my opinion).
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
What is the best way to overheat the miner to check if it will shut down at 80C?

Blocking or unplugging the fan in my mind, could be voiding a warranty.  My test was to simply disconnect my internet - which is a real life occurrence (failed internet service).  It might take a few minutes for the current information to finish its hashing and start beeping, but it will.

Why would no internet connection cause it to overheat?
legendary
Another thing... I paid almost 50% as import fee (in Italy)... is that normal!?!

No! Your government is a criminal enterprise. I though I had it bad at 15%!
Activity: 353
Merit: 253
Another thing... I paid almost 50% as import fee (in Italy)... is that normal!?!
legendary
Ouch
A lot cheaper in the USA even with exchange factored in!

Wow, that's a crazy markup. Where do you live?

Canuckistan

[That means Canada btw Tongue]

Canada no longer exists. Failed experiment.

Yeah everyone had to move south to Yankeestan

Huh You mean the USSA
Activity: 353
Merit: 253
I received two C1 and two syscooling kits. One kit has one fan not working. How can I get a replacement?

Best regards,
ilpirata79
Activity: 68
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
Shipping for AntMiner S5 Batch 5 has started from today by batches Wink Wink Wink
Please check tracking number in your account directly.

i got a "Freight calculation error, please send e-mail to [email protected]" when trying make a purchase.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
Where am I?

Put something infront of the front fan?

disconnecting the fan, is probably easier

Stick it in a small closet with no ventilation.  It will slowly overheat itself.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Put something infront of the front fan?

disconnecting the fan, is probably easier
Jump to: