Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 136. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Would it not be better to load the S4 firmware to the controller and then reload the S5 Feb release back?

I've not seen firmware from Bitmain other than the 2015-01-07 release.  Where is the February one?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
Dogie, I know you want to keep dismissing that this could be a bug in the firmware so would you go on a deal with me here? I'll pull my fan connector off while it is hashing to see if the miner stops operating and protects itself when it hits 80c. I'll perform this if you promise me a new S5 if I burn my rig up? Smiley

I'm not dismissing anything, I'm hypothesising while BW has units in hand and is testing. My unit needs a fresh controller otherwise I'd test mine to destruction.

Whatever you do to your own unit you do at your own risk.

Oh, I thought you were "in" with Bitmain and could get another S5 fairly quickly if yours blew up while testing for the team? Fresh controller? Your controller died or something?

I am, not emailed yet. Bricked a controller trying variations of the SD card OS instructions, never got them to work.

So, same controller as the C1 but not using the micro-SD card?

The normal S5 controller, just getting the SD card slot working as a backup OS in case someone bricks their controller. Didn't have luck, unsure if it was persued internally.

Are you able to boot from the SD card like you can on the C1?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Dogie, I know you want to keep dismissing that this could be a bug in the firmware so would you go on a deal with me here? I'll pull my fan connector off while it is hashing to see if the miner stops operating and protects itself when it hits 80c. I'll perform this if you promise me a new S5 if I burn my rig up? Smiley

I'm not dismissing anything, I'm hypothesising while BW has units in hand and is testing. My unit needs a fresh controller otherwise I'd test mine to destruction.

Oh, I thought you were "in" with Bitmain and could get another S5 fairly quickly if yours blew up while testing for the team? Fresh controller? Your controller died or something?

I am, not emailed yet. Bricked a controller trying variations of the SD card OS instructions, never got them to work.

The normal S5 controller, just getting the SD card slot working as a backup OS in case someone bricks their controller. Didn't have luck, unsure if it was persued internally.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
If it is really happening a lot you could use M's antminer monitor and have it automated to reboot if drop in hash that far.

M's monitor program only alerts you, it doesn't actually reboot the miner. Can also SSH into it and type in "reboot" if you can't access the WebGui.

I think there's an API script floating about that reboots miners every X hours, to fully automate and minimise downtime. Still not a perfect solution but works if you know you're not going to be able to supervise a unit.
legendary
Personal text my ass....
Along the lines of when the Ants update the GUI and how...
Anyone having 1 blade of their S3+ or s5 periodically shutting down with hashrate dropping to 1/2 and yet the ASIC status show all chips are are fine? Not until a soft reboot will the status show ----- for the entire dead blade.

Do a hard boot and all is well again for several days or weeks before they get lazy again. Out of the 37 Ants in my farm 3 s3+'s and 2 s5's do this. Can't blame the PSU's because all are ran off of server PSU's feeding 2-3 miners and the other miners on the PSU are fine.

I have had it a few times on my S5.  I am using a RM1000.   I just have to reboot even in gui and it fixes it. 

If it is really happening a lot you could use M's antminer monitor and have it automated to reboot if drop in hash that far.

M's monitor program only alerts you, it doesn't actually reboot the miner. Can also SSH into it and type in "reboot" if you can't access the WebGui.

Also, anyone try the modified firmware by smit? It has cgminer 4.9.0 on it and also has voltage control now. He said the firmware is solid and two of my friends updated all their S5's with no problems and they've been running great.

I'm still nervous about the temperature issue I ran into a couple days ago. We have a few examples and screen shots of the temps being over 80c and still operating. Can BITMAIN please look further into this? Who ever codes your firmware, please I beg you. I appreciate it very much. We all do.

Oh, here is a screen capture of my friend's graph stats built into that new firmware. Very cool. Will using that firmware void warranty?

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

No,
C1 controller uses  4    2x10 pin cable plugs

S5 uses  4    2x8 pin cable plugs    or 4  2x9 pin cable plugs  depending on S5 model and blades.
legendary
Activity: 910
This is just to let people know that my Antminer S5 purchase was confirmed paid by BITMAIN today so it looks like the logjam is being cleaned up.

Thank you BITMAIN!

Mine was done yesterday too.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Anyone having 1 blade of their S3+ or s5 periodically shutting down with hashrate dropping to 1/2 and yet the ASIC status show all chips are are fine? Not until a soft reboot will the status show ----- for the entire dead blade.

Do a hard boot and all is well again for several days or weeks before they get lazy again. Out of the 37 Ants in my farm 3 s3+'s and 2 s5's do this. Can't blame the PSU's because all are ran off of server PSU's feeding 2-3 miners and the other miners on the PSU are fine.

I have had it a few times on my S5.  I am using a RM1000.   I just have to reboot even in gui and it fixes it. 

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!

soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
This is just to let people know that my Antminer S5 purchase was confirmed paid by BITMAIN today so it looks like the logjam is being cleaned up.

Thank you BITMAIN!

Me too.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

Thank you BITMAIN!
legendary
Personal text my ass....
I also found another screen shot of an S5 with temps over 90c+ from Rabinvotch. His unit didn't stop hashing or shut down either when it hit 80c.

Note that "Stop running when temprerature is over 80℃" checkbox was checked at that moment.

Thank you for the confirmation.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
With the S3+ unit does it stop hashing when it reaches 80C ?
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
I also found another screen shot of an S5 with temps over 90c+ from Rabinvotch. His unit didn't stop hashing or shut down either when it hit 80c.

Note that "Stop running when temprerature is over 80℃" checkbox was checked at that moment.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Hi, has anyone manage checkout on bitmaintech using USD?
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Remember that guy with the two blown chips and the side panels looked like they were doing the wave about two months ago? This is probably what happened to him. I thought something didn't add up in his story. Maybe he was the first to have this happen to his S5, it would explain the warping issue he had.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io
Would it not be better to load the S4 firmware to the controller and then reload the S5 Feb release back?
Anyone try the custom firmware that was posted in previous threads?
legendary
Personal text my ass....
Well, I pulled the fan connector off and let it go. Temps quickly raised to 65, 70, 75, 80 and since I had M's monitor program running that even popped up a warning that my temps were over 80c. So I took a quick screen shot and immediately powered down. What's weird is the 5s hashing went away and the average just kept going, which was pumping the temps up. I had an iR gun pointed into the fins and I couldn't get an exact reading, but at one time it came back with 194F, which is 90c. I didn't want to risk anymore so I shut it down right away. In this case that miner should have stopped hashing, all dropped to 0 and made my pool connections dead. But it kept them alive and kept hashing with no fan connected. That little box below the fan#2 and fan#3 is M's monitor program I had running. I set it to alarm me when the temp hit 80c. And it kept popping up on me when it did, so I included it in the screen shot.

Jump to: