Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 138. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
If you pull the blue wire from the fan connector your fan should stay at full speed full-time. If you're going to operate remotely anyway and nobody's home to hear it be super loud forever, that's a good way to make sure it also stays maximally cool.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Trying to replicate it now.  Will update you!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
I'm wondering how high that temperature could of went to.

80c. What fans you running?

All stock. And I just read other's are having the same problem. Temps over 80c and keep climbing. Not good. If I wasn't home I'd have two toasters.

Remember, they weren't mining or even connected to the pool at this point. The temps just started rising past 80c without shutting down. The firmware seems not to shut the rig down when it is over 80c. That really needs to be fixed.

Well that goes against everything I've tested, pulled the ethernet and nothing exciting happens. And I've previously tested the 80C limit, it 'freezes' and stops mining.

It doesn't need to be mining. Once the pool drops or connection drops, the fan slows down and the temps keep rising. I can keep my iR temp sensor pointed at a certain spot on one of the fins and it will gradually get hotter and hotter.

interesting.. I haven't seen anything like this, usually pool just switches over, unless it is nice/westhash, which never worked properly for me on S5.

I do not want to put my miner through any "testing", since I want to keep it running and not blow it up. But the temps definitely do go higher than 80c, which "should" kick in the fan to spin higher but it doesn't. If I had a test S5 to play with I can probably find a way to duplicate the results I was getting before. In my mind once it stops hashing the temps drop, fan slows down because of that. I wish I could explain it with some proof, but I can't since I have no data to prove the temps went that high.

So when it hits 80c what is it supposed to do? Shut down? Stop hashing? Lock up?
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
anyone else interested pm me with offers for my S5 coupon.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

All stock. And I just read other's are having the same problem. Temps over 80c and keep climbing. Not good. If I wasn't home I'd have two toasters.

Remember, they weren't mining or even connected to the pool at this point. The temps just started rising past 80c without shutting down. The firmware seems not to shut the rig down when it is over 80c. That really needs to be fixed.

Well that goes against everything I've tested, pulled the ethernet and nothing exciting happens. And I've previously tested the 80C limit, it 'freezes' and stops mining.

It doesn't need to be mining. Once the pool drops or connection drops, the fan slows down and the temps keep rising. I can keep my iR temp sensor pointed at a certain spot on one of the fins and it will gradually get hotter and hotter.

interesting.. I haven't seen anything like this, usually pool just switches over, unless it is nice/westhash, which never worked properly for me on S5.
Use the power (watt) meter. If you see that power usage drops, then nothing to worry about. If, however, it is still drawing regular power after pool disconnect or connection disconnect, then you have a problem miner. Solution: situate an external fan behind the miner (I use Vornado). It helps with air citculation.
legendary
Personal text my ass....

donator
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010
Parental Advisory Explicit Content
If someone has some spare S5 coupons I would like to have 1 Smiley

My Bitmain account is the same as the one I use here.

Thanks in advance
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
I am also the same problem .
payment in full , but still " marked expired ". Bitmain not fix this problem.

Orders don't need to be marked as paid to be accepted, that's an automated system. If bitmain is emailing you saying your order is fine, its fine.

Got the 'ya got an hour' message from Bitmain.  Sent the BTC from Coinbase 2 minutes later.  Never got a reply, btc is paid, got automated replies to my request for the expired to be updated.
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
@bond007taz

We are very sorry for your inconvenience.

Staffs are working 24/7 to clear these stuck orders while under the heavy Ddos attack.  The attack has nothing to do with the actual transactional data. Your order will be manually confirmed in order it was received, However, please be patient with us for a bit longer.  We do expect this attack to last for a few more days.

It may show as Expired or Unpaid.  If it is showing PAID on the blockchain.info  you are GOOD TO GO!!  Just shoot us an email to [email protected] with your ORDER ID & Payment Address and you will be contacted in the next few days.  (Also it is a late night weekend in Beijing at the moment)

The miner shipping will start as schedule on March 30th or sooner.  

Currently, the site is back up & running again just now!  Cheesy

I am concerned that bitmain has my coin but havent responded with a confirmation that I paid (even though my payment shows it went in 5 minutes after I ordered it) - does this mean they are going to take my money and not give me the product I ordered?

I keep sending emails to  [email protected] and they said they need engineers to fix the issue but they haven't said my order is confirmed

if you have proof of order number and the tx id you should be okay.
Bitmaintech is close to perfect on sending paid for gear to the buyer that paid for it.

It has been over a week for me and no update yet. Still shows that I have not paid. With their announcement that they are almost sold out of this batch, I am worried that they may sell more then they have with all of the missing details on orders. BITMAIN how much longer until records are updated? Thank you.

Same here.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

Orders don't need to be marked as paid to be accepted, that's an automated system. If bitmain is emailing you saying your order is fine, its fine.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Activity: 9
@bond007taz

Staffs are working 24/7 to clear these stuck orders while under the heavy Ddos attack.  The attack has nothing to do with the actual transactional data. Your order will be manually confirmed in order it was received, However, please be patient with us for a bit longer.  We do expect this attack to last for a few more days.

It may show as Expired or Unpaid.  If it is showing PAID on the blockchain.info  you are GOOD TO GO!!  Just shoot us an email to [email protected] with your ORDER ID & Payment Address and you will be contacted in the next few days.  (Also it is a late night weekend in Beijing at the moment)

I am concerned that bitmain has my coin but havent responded with a confirmation that I paid (even though my payment shows it went in 5 minutes after I ordered it) - does this mean they are going to take my money and not give me the product I ordered?

I keep sending emails to  [email protected] and they said they need engineers to fix the issue but they haven't said my order is confirmed

Bitmaintech is close to perfect on sending paid for gear to the buyer that paid for it.

It has been over a week for me and no update yet. Still shows that I have not paid. With their announcement that they are almost sold out of this batch, I am worried that they may sell more then they have with all of the missing details on orders. BITMAIN how much longer until records are updated? Thank you.

Same here, I placed another order yesterday and same thing is still happening.

Support has confirmed payment in email for my first order, but I'd feel better seeing it in my account page updated.

I have same problem. My 2015-03-13  order still expired.
Have sent them email, said it will be fixed manually, a week later still expired.

legendary
Personal text my ass....

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Possible bug in firmware. A critical one.

I had my pool drop out on me, they were having problems and I was disconnected, so the miner wasn't hashing. The fan slowed down to almost like 100-200 RPMs but the temperature kept rising. The fan NEEDS to keep running to keep the ASIC chips cools weather hashing or not it seems. Temps went up to 75-80 so I turned them off right away to let them cool. Bitmain, you need to review the firmware so that when the rig gets disconnected from the pool it doesn't disrupt the fan speed to keeping the chips cool. If I wasn't home and didn't hear the beeping sound I'm wondering how high that temperature could of went to. I actually felt the heat if I put my hand over the miner. It can't just be ambient temps, because these chips cool really quickly...so something else is going on here. If you want to try and test, pull your ethernet cable out and see if your fan stops or slows down and watch your temps closely.

Once I re-established a connection, everything looks good. Any ideas on this? We don't want burnt up miners, right?

You can configure it to shut off at 80 C but yeah it would be nice to have a control from the GUI.

I wish some others would test this.  I had this same type of thing happen about 6 weeks ago.  The firmware safety net of 80C shutdown did NOT work (yes, mine is checked).  When I saw it, one blade was up to 106C.  I mentioned this before, here, but with the Chinese New Year timing, I'm guessing it didn't fall on any ears at Bitmain.

If true a major fire hazard. BITMAIN can you confirm that the 800 C shut off works. I will be operating my miners remotely in the coming weeks and need to make sure that safeguards work so my house does not burn down.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Also interested in two "S5" coupons, so if anyone have them... ULTRA THANKS! Cheesy
my User ID:  sashapatrick

you me and 4 or 5 others are asking for them.  I don't think anyone has them.

You right, but... hope dies last.

P.S. Same problem with my order "Marked expired". Message from Bitmain "Hi, We've got the payment and will fix the order manually later, no worries.".

Never hurts to ask though.  I'm sure there is some kind soul that would like to donate to User ID: ZymurBits.   Wink
Activity: 5
Also interested in two "S5" coupons, so if anyone have them... ULTRA THANKS! Cheesy
my User ID:  sashapatrick

you me and 4 or 5 others are asking for them.  I don't think anyone has them.

You right, but... hope dies last.

P.S. Same problem with my order "Marked expired". Message from Bitmain "Hi, We've got the payment and will fix the order manually later, no worries.".
Activity: 111
@bond007taz

Same here, I placed another order yesterday and same thing is still happening.

Support has confirmed payment in email for my first order, but I'd feel better seeing it in my account page updated.

I have same problem. My 2015-03-13  order still expired.
Have sent them email, said it will be fixed manually, a week later still expired.

Activity: 68
Possible bug in firmware. A critical one.

I had my pool drop out on me, they were having problems and I was disconnected, so the miner wasn't hashing. The fan slowed down to almost like 100-200 RPMs but the temperature kept rising. The fan NEEDS to keep running to keep the ASIC chips cools weather hashing or not it seems. Temps went up to 75-80 so I turned them off right away to let them cool. Bitmain, you need to review the firmware so that when the rig gets disconnected from the pool it doesn't disrupt the fan speed to keeping the chips cool. If I wasn't home and didn't hear the beeping sound I'm wondering how high that temperature could of went to. I actually felt the heat if I put my hand over the miner. It can't just be ambient temps, because these chips cool really quickly...so something else is going on here. If you want to try and test, pull your ethernet cable out and see if your fan stops or slows down and watch your temps closely.

Once I re-established a connection, everything looks good. Any ideas on this? We don't want burnt up miners, right?

You can configure it to shut off at 80 C but yeah it would be nice to have a control from the GUI.

I wish some others would test this.  I had this same type of thing happen about 6 weeks ago.  The firmware safety net of 80C shutdown did NOT work (yes, mine is checked).  When I saw it, one blade was up to 106C.  I mentioned this before, here, but with the Chinese New Year timing, I'm guessing it didn't fall on any ears at Bitmain.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
my User ID:  sashapatrick

you me and 4 or 5 others are asking for them.  I don't think anyone has them.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Jump to: