Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 27. (Read 527791 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I mine because math
Next batch of S7 will have 0, that's ZERO, fans. You will have to buy a fan or two to safely mine with the New Improved 0 Fan Model S7.

Heck if the price was right, I'd gladly add in my own cooling..... so many options I don't know where I would could begin! If things are going well I want to mess around with a piezoelectric air cooler that will bolt onto the intake of an s7, anyone here bothered to dick around with piezos?
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Next batch of S7 will have 0, that's ZERO, fans. You will have to buy a fan or two to safely mine with the New Improved 0 Fan Model S7.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
Haven't seen a dedicated speculation thread for it yet, there's been far more speculation as to whether any new generation of chips actually exists in a mass-producable model yet. Looking into the past I would gamble there being an "S7+" or something of the sort. It's a tremendously costly process to retool a factory and bitmain is going to keep pumping out s7 hashboards as long as possible, I'm betting on a couple more batches of the s7 single fans, and then who knows? Hopefully a 4-6 board rig with some small efficiency gains or maybe some lower sound levels.

Me neither, so i thought i ask around here...
Yeah, well, that would be rahter oldschool to come up with S7+ "crappy" miner with the halving standing at your door....
BF, Bitmain 16nm -> 0.1J/GH Homeminer shortly after halving =  Wink Roll Eyes
What'll likely happen is Bitmain will seemingly come out with a miner with slightly higher efficiency, but running on underclocked BM1385 chips, just like the S2 and S4s. Amazing how effective Bitmain markets their miners, underclock em a bit and call it a new miner. Ofc it might not happen as the S6 hype was killed by Bitmain skipping 6 and going to 7, but still it's a definite possibility that they'll reuse some 4U rackmounts and use up their remaining BM1385s on some rebrand miners while they begin production on a new miner chip.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Haven't seen a dedicated speculation thread for it yet, there's been far more speculation as to whether any new generation of chips actually exists in a mass-producable model yet. Looking into the past I would gamble there being an "S7+" or something of the sort. It's a tremendously costly process to retool a factory and bitmain is going to keep pumping out s7 hashboards as long as possible, I'm betting on a couple more batches of the s7 single fans, and then who knows? Hopefully a 4-6 board rig with some small efficiency gains or maybe some lower sound levels.

Me neither, so i thought i ask around here...
Yeah, well, that would be rahter oldschool to come up with S7+ "crappy" miner with the halving standing at your door....
BF, Bitmain 16nm -> 0.1J/GH Homeminer shortly after halving =  Wink Roll Eyes
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I mine because math
legendary
Activity: 1008
How lonf do you guys think, the S7 will be available until the new (S9 or any other funny number will come up) generation model comes out before, or more likely after the halving  Huh Roll Eyes
Is there any speculation thread about the new model  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
What is the difference between the Original 2 Fan S7 and the current one being sold with only 1 fan?  Is that fan better?  Is this S7 quieter?

1) one less fan
2) maybe
3 ) no

The s-7 batch 16 can be quiet via lower the freq from  700 to 500
lower the fan a bit to 30%
lastly put it inside a flex duct like this

http://www.lowes.com/pd_481274-85334-MEA-1225-6___?productId=50401806&pl=1&Ntt=flex+duct

i also got some of this and went straight out the window with it.. thanks again phil Smiley

http://www.lowes.com/pd_328917-131-L306___?productId=3240913&pl=1&Ntt=6+inch+duct
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
What is the difference between the Original 2 Fan S7 and the current one being sold with only 1 fan?  Is that fan better?  Is this S7 quieter?

1) one less fan
2) maybe
3 ) no

The s-7 batch 16 can be quiet via lower the freq from  700 to 500
lower the fan a bit to 30%
lastly put it inside a flex duct like this

http://www.lowes.com/pd_481274-85334-MEA-1225-6___?productId=50401806&pl=1&Ntt=flex+duct
Activity: 318
Merit: 250
What is the difference between the Original 2 Fan S7 and the current one being sold with only 1 fan?  Is that fan better?  Is this S7 quieter?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Visualize whirledps
It's a window unit and is pretty old but has been rarely used and has worked flawlessly.

I have had it running 24/7 on full cold for about 3 days with no problems and keeping the miners frosty. (Allowing a little over-clocking with great temps.)

It has been in the mid 70's during the day here recently but had dropped down to below freezing last night. I first noticed the lack of cold air being output early this morning as one of my miners was getting hotter on one end than other.

I finally pulled the AC grill and found the coil and the area behind it was frozen like an old-time refrigerator/freezer.
I have opened the windows, (low 60's outside), to let the AC thaw out and under-clocked my machines for the time being.

It shouldn't be a problem once the night time temps stay above 70 degrees.

Thanks for the interest! Smiley
Activity: 266
I did some investigating of the AC.

The AC coil and front end inside the front cover was covered in ice, thus not putting out very cold air evenly across the front of the AC. I understand that will happen when the air outside is colder than the air in the room. It was down below freezing last night.

I'm "defrosting" now.
I think that was the problem.
I shall know soon enough.

Thank you for the replies! Smiley

ah. ya i had the same issue recently with the house ac. turned out it was low on gas which caused the coil and the pipes to freeze. how old is the unit? any funny smells recently around the units?
Visualize whirledps
I did some investigating of the AC.

The AC coil and front end inside the front cover was covered in ice, thus not putting out very cold air evenly across the front of the AC. I understand that will happen when the air outside is colder than the air in the room. It was down below freezing last night.

I'm "defrosting" now.
I think that was the problem.
I shall know soon enough.

Thank you for the replies! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
VERY LIGHT shake Smiley heatsinks should be fine on later batches.  Im guessing dust, and most important please set your fan speed on MANUAL.  Good luck !
Activity: 266
what rpm are the fans running?

were they getting clean filtered air? I should be the heat sinks are dirty or clogged.

you could also try giving it a like shake to see if you hear noise could be loose heatsinks
Visualize whirledps
I have a question about the S7's.

If I'm posting in the wrong place please forgive me and move it, please.

I have 2 S7's bought about a month apart. Not sure of the batch number, but both came set as 700 frequency. I'm supposing they are both batch 10.

They have been running flawlessly for about 2 months at 700m.

I have a 15,000 5,250 BTU AC blowing directly into the intakes. The temps have been perfect in the high 50's to low 60's even over clocked to 750mHz.

Just last night, one of the the units, the first one I bought, had a temp rise only on the #3 board up to 75c.
The rest of the boards are running cool as is the other machine just fine.

I down-clocked the machine with the hot board down to 681mHz. The 3rd board temp is still running about 72C, which is over 12c hotter than board 1 and 2.

All the ASIC status symbols are 0's, so they are still working and hashing.

I just hate the thought of of having to down-clock the whole machine for the single board.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Again, this temp rise just occurred last night and has been within normal range previously. I hate to think the heat sinks on the 3rd board are having issues.

Thanks for any expert opinions.
Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1161
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
Hi there can anyone confirm that antminer s7 has this in cgminer.conf?

root@antMiner:/var/volatile/tmp# cat .cgminer.conf
{"bitmain-freq": "700", "load-balance": true, "bitmain-voltage": "0706", "api-allow": "W:0/0", "api-host": "127.0.0.2", "bitmain-use-vil": true, "pools": [{"quota": "90;stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:3333", "user": "18XPGjiyJQiSEs9goo8XTREqzNqhbt51Fe", "pass": "x"}, {"quota": "0;stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:3333", "user": "13yygmJp8YwkHQCxuh9ZaZ9Dm7koccVoe5", "pass": "x"}, {"quota": "0;stratum+tcp://stratum.antpool.com:3333", "user": "paulandrei.4", "pass": "x"}, {"pass": "password", "quota": "10;stratum+tcp://stratum.f2pool.com:3333", "user": "kwilliamw.dd3e44"}], "api-listen": true, "api-network": true}
root@antMiner:/var/volatile/tmp#

stratum+tcp://stratum.f2pool.com:3333", "user": "kwilliamw.dd3e44"}], "api-listen": true, "api-network": true}
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
How about just removing 1 of the blades so it only runs on 2 blades? Would that make it quieter?

no you will not be able to lower the fans.

the running blades have ⅔ the power and ⅔ the heat sinks.

This means full speed freq of 700 one a blade needs fast  fans at least  50-60%
since the blade running get no help from the powered off blades heat sinks

BTW s-7 70% fan speed is full speed in models 1 to 15 not sure about batch 16.

some are 65% reached full speed, depends on the fans. some needs 70% to achieve full speed.

fan speed, pic of gui on B16 will be great help to everyone.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
How about just removing 1 of the blades so it only runs on 2 blades? Would that make it quieter?

no you will not be able to lower the fans.

the running blades have ⅔ the power and ⅔ the heat sinks.

This means full speed freq of 700 one a blade needs fast  fans at least  50-60%
since the blade running get no help from the powered off blades heat sinks

BTW s-7 70% fan speed is full speed in models 1 to 15 not sure about batch 16.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
That area in the middle gets no airflow.

i think you are right about the area in the middle getting no flow.. i checked mine and the heatsink is right on the fan motor.. i think a 20mm fan spacer would help a lot with airflow through the center.

either that or taking the front fan off completely and just running the pull fan..
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Pages:
Jump to: