Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you long term or short term? - page 17. (Read 3570 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 11
June 09, 2018, 07:37:52 AM
Only a long term in crypto. Initially, when I first started to take an interest in this topic, I decided that I would invest here in a long term. I believe that now we are at the source.
Activity: 322
Merit: 3
June 09, 2018, 06:55:28 AM
I'd say i generally tend have a long-term outlook on investing. But that's not to say you can't have a short term view on certain things where you feel there's an opportunity.
A good way to go about it would be to allocate a certain portion of your portfolio towards long-term holds and a much smaller portion to short term trading.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247
June 09, 2018, 06:12:48 AM
Before trading we should get to know ourselves, our characters, and the time we have.
I prefer to trade with a long period of time, 1 week or 1 month.
My reason is, because I can not directly monitor the price movement every hour, in addition to trading many other activities I work on. Then I also find it very difficult to read price movements in small time frames (1 hour and 15 minutes).

A week/month is definitely not Long- term.
I talk about years.
And yes, I am in for the Long Run  Wink
Activity: 224
Merit: 31
June 09, 2018, 06:09:21 AM
I am trading once in a while because I have coins in exchanges. Sometimes I buy and just wait the coin to go up in value before I sell, of course I know it is in dip. Now, which is better, set it to your expected price so that when it hit you sold? O wait for the price to go up and sell even if it did not reach yet to your  target price? Thanks.

Generally its always better to have a specific target in mind and put a sell order on that immediately on an exchange. Once it hits it should auto sell it. Or what you can do is sell off in phases so say have multiple sell order each 10% higher than the last.

I think having a target price is essential and you will be better off for it 99 out of 100 times.

Though if you are sure about the coin you could hold it as well
copper member
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
June 09, 2018, 03:58:43 AM
In the short term, I think that short-term gains are greater than long-term gains. Relatively, risks will be higher, so you need to carefully analyze the risks of each of your investments.
Activity: 726
Merit: 250
June 09, 2018, 02:28:20 AM
I am trading once in a while because I have coins in exchanges. Sometimes I buy and just wait the coin to go up in value before I sell, of course I know it is in dip. Now, which is better, set it to your expected price so that when it hit you sold? O wait for the price to go up and sell even if it did not reach yet to your  target price? Thanks.
I mostly set selling order to a higher price and when it's sold then I set buying order from a lower price. If you choose correct coin that has an unstable price, you make profit by that way.
This is what everyone knows when trading, buy low prices and sell high prices. Most importantly, what is your method of choosing the correct coin? The consequences of choosing the wrong is very miserable.
copper member
Activity: 48
June 09, 2018, 02:05:34 AM
As long as one diversifies their risk either by a short-term approach or long-term approach they will be okay.
Activity: 221
June 09, 2018, 01:28:54 AM
Diversify risks would be a key for me, I do strategy for long-term and short-term and always make sure that I have a spare to catch the fish when it comes right at my door.
Activity: 68
June 09, 2018, 12:48:30 AM
I think it's better to sell the coins when the price goes up even though it has not reached your target price because if wait any longer we do not know the price will go up or down
Merit: 2
Kerja Cerdas
June 08, 2018, 05:23:14 PM
Before trading we should get to know ourselves, our characters, and the time we have.
I prefer to trade with a long period of time, 1 week or 1 month.
My reason is, because I can not directly monitor the price movement every hour, in addition to trading many other activities I work on. Then I also find it very difficult to read price movements in small time frames (1 hour and 15 minutes).
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
June 08, 2018, 04:58:12 PM
Checking the prices time to time makes me uneasy, so I decided to be a long term holder than a day trader. And I have not that plenty investment thats why I'm just waiting for it's price to rise and in some reason, its better to invest only on the long term tokens and coins, which have a good foundation of roadmaps and a good developers inside.
May 20, 2018, 06:49:57 PM
I mostly set selling order to a higher price and when it's sold then I set buying order from a lower price. If you choose correct coin that has an unstable price, you make profit by that way.
Activity: 62
May 20, 2018, 04:47:44 PM
Defo long-term, I prefer studying fundamentals of the coin and being patient rather than speculating.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
May 20, 2018, 04:46:10 PM
Mostly, I try to invest in coins for long-term investment. I rarely sell coins right after they get them or after a small price increase. Long-term investment has paid more for me, so I use more long-term.
In the beginnings of my interest in cryptocurrencies I sold right after putting coins into the store, but then I regretted selling them. So now I'm trying to be patient and waiting for the right moment of sale.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 257
May 20, 2018, 03:17:32 PM
I prefer long term because many obstacles and temptations if strong and patient will generate big profits .. because if I choose short term just enjoy the moment of profit that the result is small .. so I think long term is more profitable than the short term .. Wink
Activity: 414
Merit: 10
May 20, 2018, 03:03:15 PM
depending on what coin is being traded if my Ethereum only plays in 2-5% range of capital,
if it is cheap coin I will last long to get a target of about 50-100% of capital
Activity: 29
May 20, 2018, 01:15:51 PM
long term  Wink
XG
Activity: 286
May 20, 2018, 01:06:12 PM
long term, Patience is the key and we must hold them some coins are promising they pump very hard
copper member
Activity: 616
May 20, 2018, 12:34:47 PM
I always believe in long term compare to short term, long term provides good return and short term is also good for short duration trading or daily trading. I buy coin at low price and hold it till prices raises and sell it a high price at right time which brings a good profit after long term.
Activity: 1221
May 20, 2018, 12:01:37 PM
Actually I don't like risk, especially if the risk about my money and I want to see the result quickly, so usually I keep holding for a not so long period of time
But at the same time it depend on project cause like etherum nowadays is at some down it could be after some months near to its ath so holding coins for long time could be really profitable too.
Pages:
Jump to: