Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 108. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 18, 2013, 02:12:47 PM
AM hash rate is either very very low or completely null at the moment. What the heeeeeell is going on?

FC is selling hardware.  More profit on Gen1 can be made by selling it rather than mining.

So where is the profit?

My other question is I always wondered why FC planned to take so long moving from  Gen 1 to Gen 2. He had a massive headstart. Bitcoins in the bank, yet doesn't plan to launch Gen 2 until well after several other players do.

Way to lose competitive advantage ....... hope I'm wrong.

I consider possible that even FC didn't foresee the scale of the boom of competition and increased difficulty, and the ability of new competitors to develop directly Gen2 super quickly. Hope I'm wrong too...

Plus who thought people like cointerra would come on the scene with their serious pedigree.  FC is a mere hobbyist by comparision.
September 18, 2013, 02:11:51 PM
AM hash rate is either very very low or completely null at the moment. What the heeeeeell is going on?

FC is selling hardware.  More profit on Gen1 can be made by selling it rather than mining.

Afaik FC is not selling the first model of blades, he was never selling used equipement right? So where are they right now instead of mining?

we are still at 45 TH/s as it always was (at least few last weeks). It's just that with lower percentage of the whole network, luck has greater effect.

I don't think AM has managed 45 TH/s this week, or anywhere near.

with network percentage around 3-6% you should take into consideration 14 days average
What is clear is that the actual ASICMiner farm is not keeping up with the overall increase in hash rate.  No idea what the franchises are doing but if it were substantially good news, wouldn't FC communicate it with shareholders?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
September 18, 2013, 02:11:08 PM

So where is the profit?

My other question is I always wondered why FC planned to take so long moving from  Gen 1 to Gen 2. He had a massive headstart. Bitcoins in the bank, yet doesn't plan to launch Gen 2 until well after several other players do.

I consider possible that even FC didn't foresee the scale of the boom of competition and increased difficulty, and the ability of new competitors to develop directly Gen2 super quickly. Hope I'm wrong too...
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
September 18, 2013, 02:10:09 PM

Afaik FC is not selling the first model of blades, he was never selling used equipement right? So where are they right now instead of mining?

we are still at 45 TH/s as it always was (at least few last weeks). It's just that with lower percentage of the whole network, luck has greater effect.

with network percentage around 3-6% you should take into consideration 14 days average
September 18, 2013, 02:10:09 PM
We should rename this thread to "The Rise and Fall of ASICMINER"
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
September 18, 2013, 02:09:44 PM
If I recall, there was an estimate a few days ago that mining+franchising = max hash rate we have ever seen.  So, I expect that he is franchising out old equipment, and is not adding anything Gen1 to the farm right now, cause Gen2 is on the horizon.

Gen2 is not expecting to mine significantly before December! That's not "on the horizon"!

Exactly. Completely lost the competitive advantage on moving to Gen 2. Why?
September 18, 2013, 02:09:11 PM

legendary
Still wild and free
September 18, 2013, 02:08:58 PM
If I recall, there was an estimate a few days ago that mining+franchising = max hash rate we have ever seen.  So, I expect that he is franchising out old equipment, and is not adding anything Gen1 to the farm right now, cause Gen2 is on the horizon.

Gen2 is not expecting to mine significantly before December! That's not "on the horizon"!
Activity: 406
September 18, 2013, 02:07:16 PM

September 18, 2013, 02:05:17 PM

So where is the profit?

Activity: 476
September 18, 2013, 02:05:10 PM
legendary
Still wild and free
September 18, 2013, 02:03:11 PM

September 18, 2013, 02:01:37 PM

September 18, 2013, 02:00:55 PM
This is the lowest dividend I have received. Share price is plummeting. Hashing % down to almost nothing. Highly irregular updates from friedcat.

I'm really hoping he is investing a lot of bitcoins in more mining equipment and gen 2 stuff. I'm going to "hang in" because I really can't afford to sell at these levels having bought at 2.5 to 3.5. But if things continue, we could be seeing sub 1.0 BTC share price very soon

Time to pray !!
legendary
Still wild and free
September 18, 2013, 01:57:36 PM
September 18, 2013, 01:55:51 PM
Many people entered at this level or a bit lower, I'm not surprised there are so many sells: they can live with not taking much profit, but I don't see why they should risk losing their initial investment too.
The fact is there are a lot of weak handed speculators in AM that are easily shaken out with every low div published.  My point is there will be low divs for a couple months until gen 2 ready.  Therefore, this will drive the price lower as the weak hands get shooken out.  I will stay on the sidelines until early November and then by accumulate at my best guess of the point of maximum pesstimism.

My guess, we will see 1.2-1.5 in the not so distant future (mid-November).  However, long-term, we will see 4.5-5.0 again (by January 2014). 

September 18, 2013, 12:45:12 PM
I know but I disagree with the market;)

I don't blame you, I disagree with it, myself.
September 18, 2013, 12:36:35 PM
As I said before, the dividends are meaningless at this point.

I think the market disagrees.  When the div is lower than the one before, we see a significant sell off.
I know but I disagree with the market;)
September 18, 2013, 12:29:30 PM
As I said before, the dividends are meaningless at this point.

I think the market disagrees.  When the div is lower than the one before, we see a significant sell off.
September 18, 2013, 12:27:02 PM
from the other thread:

30 of the shares sold on BTCT were mine.

I dumped a good chunk, to diversify.... was holding out to see if divs were going to turn around this week.  Since they have not, I am moving stuff elsewhere.  I may buy back in some that I sold if people dump it too low after Burnside pays divs.

95% of my BTC are in AM, I need to change this.
Jump to: