Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 106. (Read 808757 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
September 18, 2013, 08:20:00 PM
lowest dividend yet

but bitcoin is up.

still getting about the same $ / week  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
September 18, 2013, 08:17:21 PM
Well I placed my bets. Doubled down on my shares today (majority of them bought around 3.8  Cry  )... . But at these prices, just couldn't say no.

me too!

i considered selling, then price moved down, now i'm buying, not sure if i'm doing it right!  Cheesy
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
September 18, 2013, 07:25:29 PM
Well I placed my bets. Doubled down on my shares today (majority of them bought around 3.8  Cry  )... . But at these prices, just couldn't say no.
the silver lining is that it brings your average price per share down. Smiley

Yep...do this at set intervals all the way down and no one notices you are amassing a nice collection of shares at a low average price.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
September 18, 2013, 06:41:56 PM
the silver lining is that it brings your average price per share down. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1018
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
September 18, 2013, 06:32:22 PM
I'm surprised at the 24 low today. Really surprised.

In my limited view of it, the company is very healthy, a great price at around 2 btc right now, and has the potential to sky-rocket again as there is no way F.C is just sitting somewhere twiddling his thumbs. Guy's gonna pull out an ace, I know it !  (Well, hoping anyways).
September 18, 2013, 06:22:41 PM
0.0095 at 1.8 is the same as 0.023 when it was 5. This is not a bad dividend.

the problem is that the div came when the share price was 2.04, not 1.8
Activity: 588
September 18, 2013, 05:57:27 PM
0.0095 at 1.8 is the same as 0.023 when it was 5. This is not a bad dividend.

I'm also 'bought in' at this point. I have enough left for just a few more shares if it goes lower.

Wait until the new hardware hits and this this goes up up up again...people selling at 1.7 are going to be crying.
Just sit tight, take the divs and wait for the inevitable good news.

There is no way that FC is giving this arms race up without a fight and some aces up his sleeves.

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
September 18, 2013, 03:42:00 PM
Beware that unless the author has re-coded the backend that calculates these figures, it won't be accurate after having crossed a difficulty adjustment.

Correct, I still haven't changed anything. It will be accurate unless what is linked crosses difficulty changes.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto
September 18, 2013, 03:37:26 PM
1.2,........ heading there faster than a nose dive....
Activity: 406
September 18, 2013, 03:35:26 PM
what I'm trying to say is that there is no significant new information and this is a simple irrational panic sell
yeah, I agree.  FC will likely give us an update tomorrow, and the price will bounce up around 2.
Or *tinfoil hat on*, FC will stay radio-silent and purposely let the prices get deciminated so he and his buddies in China can by back the shares on the cheap

If he was going to be dishonest,  he could just disown the virtual shares and claim 100% ownership.

no one would buy his products, his credibility would be lost. Scenario with low-priced shares is much more plausible with general public
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
September 18, 2013, 03:32:53 PM
what I'm trying to say is that there is no significant new information and this is a simple irrational panic sell
yeah, I agree.  FC will likely give us an update tomorrow, and the price will bounce up around 2.
Or *tinfoil hat on*, FC will stay radio-silent and purposely let the prices get deciminated so he and his buddies in China can by back the shares on the cheap

If he was going to be dishonest,  he could just disown the virtual shares and claim 100% ownership.
September 18, 2013, 03:32:17 PM
I dunno, ask the chinese mafia....1 Yuan?Wink

what's that in btc?
Activity: 210
September 18, 2013, 03:31:08 PM

how low do they want it?
I dunno, ask the chinese mafia....1 Yuan?Wink
September 18, 2013, 03:27:13 PM

how low do they want it?
Activity: 210
September 18, 2013, 03:24:04 PM
September 18, 2013, 03:07:00 PM
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
September 18, 2013, 03:05:37 PM
people selling for 1.6 BTC because of one "bad" dividend are plain stupid. And here I thought the weak hands already sold out...
they are just selling for that because the demand is low.  I'm sure they would sell for more if we offered more! Smiley

Yes, and it has been the same after each low divs. There is a significant portion of people that are short-term sighted (at least on PT exchanges), and value the shares based on current divs.
Activity: 752
bitcoin hodler
September 18, 2013, 03:01:33 PM
people selling for 1.6 BTC because of one "bad" dividend are plain stupid. And here I thought the weak hands already sold out...
they are just selling for that because the demand is low.  I'm sure they would sell for more if we offered more! Smiley

September 18, 2013, 02:56:33 PM
they are just selling for that because the demand is low.  I'm sure they would sell for more if we offered more! Smiley
September 18, 2013, 02:55:37 PM
No, you're right, it's better like that. But I just see Gen2 being soooo far...  Undecided

I hear ya, but also, they are still making Gen1, and hopefully, will continue to sell them quickly.
Jump to: