Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 27. (Read 808757 times)

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
July 31, 2014, 04:53:37 PM
Who sold down to 0.24 again? That doesn't seem like the best idea a mere 2 days before the cat announces their plans to bring down GHash.IO Cheesy

Announcing it and actually doing it are totally different things.

What I imagine RoadStress to look like:

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
July 31, 2014, 04:47:02 PM
Who sold down to 0.24 again? That doesn't seem like the best idea a mere 2 days before the cat announces their plans to bring down GHash.IO Cheesy

Announcing it and actually doing it are totally different things.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
July 31, 2014, 04:46:21 PM
some more speculation on mining divs

I did some calcs, assuming: 0.075c/kwh and 1ghs/1w and 33% diff increase/mom. I looked at btc mining output and calc'd divs up to point of un-profitibility

Hash Rate       divs per share      Network %( ~140PH)
20    PHs            0.109               14.29%
17.5 PHs            0.095               12.54%
15    PHs            0.081               10.71%
12.5 PHs            0.068               8.93%

But hold on a sec the cat was talking about 30% of the network share. We all know this will be a diminishing % over time so it would make sense to take the current network hashrate and deploy 30% against that now. Using my same back of the envelope calcs as above

Hash Rate       divs per share      Network %( ~140PH)
42    PHs            0.228               30%

If they have sold 18 PHs to miners, i speculate this will make up the 33% reinvestment into Gen4.
legendary
July 31, 2014, 03:26:43 PM

Perhaps someone who knows something we don't? I mean, the news friedcat posted in the thread is hardly good news. Gen 3 performance and sales were below expectations. Not sure why everyone is treating that as such a good thing. Yeah they are gonna do some self-mining, but will that mining even recover the cost it took to produce gen 3?

Considering their have only been 38 shares sold < .29 since the rise, I'd guess it isn't an insider. It's simply short term investors taking a small profit or exiting after the horrible decline we've been experiencing.

Looking forward to Tuesday.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
July 31, 2014, 03:17:35 PM

Perhaps someone who knows something we don't? I mean, the news friedcat posted in the thread is hardly good news. Gen 3 performance and sales were below expectations. Not sure why everyone is treating that as such a good thing. Yeah they are gonna do some self-mining, but will that mining even recover the cost it took to produce gen 3?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
July 31, 2014, 03:03:39 PM
July 31, 2014, 02:23:42 PM
I think Gen4 is still some months (6?) or so around the corner. What gets me excited is the fact that he stated that 20PH/s would be possible inside China. That could give us 10% of the network already. And that was his conservative prediction when he still wanted to sell chips. If he now goes nuclear and indeed has found a good place and cheap electricity, we may very well see even more than 20 PH/s.

During the peak of Gen1 mining, FC was very concerned about achieving too much % of the overall network, this is one of the main factors behind opening up franchise mining (so that he didn't directly control the hashpower).

Now, the situation is reversed... There are questionable players (GHash) controlling a large portion of the network and it can only help everyone for FC to turn it up to 11.

I personally can't wait to see what happens over the next few months.

Hell yes, turn it up to eleven! We need it at least one louder! Unleash hell, oh you grilled feline from far east! GHash won't even know what hit them!
legendary
July 31, 2014, 01:28:06 PM
I think Gen4 is still some months (6?) or so around the corner. What gets me excited is the fact that he stated that 20PH/s would be possible inside China. That could give us 10% of the network already. And that was his conservative prediction when he still wanted to sell chips. If he now goes nuclear and indeed has found a good place and cheap electricity, we may very well see even more than 20 PH/s.

During the peak of Gen1 mining, FC was very concerned about achieving too much % of the overall network, this is one of the main factors behind opening up franchise mining (so that he didn't directly control the hashpower).

Now, the situation is reversed... There are questionable players (GHash) controlling a large portion of the network and it can only help everyone for FC to turn it up to 11.

I personally can't wait to see what happens over the next few months.
July 31, 2014, 12:20:17 PM
Since this is the official AM speculation thread and we are expecting some self-/franchised-mining from AM.
What are your predictions or expectations of the amount of hashing power the cat is going to set free? And what are your predictions for the according timeframes?

Seeing as how he is talking about the age of the Exahash and returning to 2013 levels, I would be extremely happy to be seeing 15-20PH from a Gen3 mine and ~100PH from Gen4.

legendary
July 31, 2014, 12:15:41 PM
Since this is the official AM speculation thread and we are expecting some self-/franchised-mining from AM.
What are your predictions or expectations of the amount of hashing power the cat is going to set free? And what are your predictions for the according timeframes?

Seeing as how he is talking about the age of the Exahash and returning to 2013 levels, I would be extremely happy to be seeing 15-20PH from a Gen3 mine and ~100PH from Gen4.
July 31, 2014, 12:01:54 PM
Activity: 448
July 30, 2014, 10:36:29 PM
I think it is a great time to buy some AM shares!

+1 (or actually, many more AM shares thx to the previous lows) Cheesy

Pretty sure the post from 'BuyLowSellLower' is a sarcastic one.

If i had to guess i would say it is Crumbs/NotLambChop/whatever

He has a stick up his ass about all BTC denominated securities (and i can't blame him given the performance of the vast majority to date)
Activity: 346
July 30, 2014, 09:13:51 PM

+1 (or actually, many more AM shares thx to the previous lows) Cheesy
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
July 30, 2014, 04:30:52 PM
legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!
July 30, 2014, 04:11:52 PM
I heard there was a board meeting tonight... Any summery available yet?

Someone is eating up those asks on AM1 like candy..  0.34 and rising..

.. which is odd, because if they were into it for div's only, they could do it alot cheaper buying blocks of AM100.. *(huge spread at the moment)

Buying AM100 is almost always a bad idea. You have to look at the market depth. And AM100 usually offers a very very very shallow depth. Even AM1 is completely fragile compared to 'regular' companies. AM100 is even worse!

I think it makes no sense that  100 AM100 shares can't be converted to 1 AM1 share and vice versa.
Havelock should add that option, even if they charge a small fee I think it's a good idea for liquidity.
(or event better, jsut convert every share to fractional shares and make shares only transfarable in multiplies of 100)

edit: or just add decimals to the trading engine and make it possible to sell 0.37 AM1 shares Wink
Activity: 154
Fica Tranquilo
July 30, 2014, 04:27:52 AM
The link below clearly states that Friedcat will make a public appearance as CEO of AsicMIner.

If you have any questions for Friedcat, you can leave them in the comments.
http://www.bitell.com/t/2026
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
July 30, 2014, 03:17:52 PM
I'm totally psyched getting to know how friedcat looks like!
Fica Tranquilo
July 30, 2014, 04:21:12 AM
Below is the official thread about the meeting!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/am-shenzhen-meetup-715382
Fica Tranquilo
July 30, 2014, 04:19:44 AM
I heard there was a board meeting tonight... Any summery available yet?

Someone is eating up those asks on AM1 like candy..  0.34 and rising..

.. which is odd, because if they were into it for div's only, they could do it alot cheaper buying blocks of AM100.. *(huge spread at the moment)

FC made a post or two yesterday. Apparently there is some conference or other with FC attending on the 2nd of August and I guessing announcing something, and people are buying on the confidence FC expressed and the rumor.

AsicMiner will announce their own miners for sale and most likely some details about the self mining business.
Since, if I understand correctly, the meeting is called exahash!    Wink
And I believe Friedcat will make a public appearance, revealing his identity, which will be a huge confidence boost in trust for the company.  Grin
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Trust me!
July 30, 2014, 08:09:26 AM
The link below clearly states that Friedcat will make a public appearance as CEO of AsicMIner.

If you have any questions for Friedcat, you can leave them in the comments.
http://www.bitell.com/t/2026

This is going to be incredible! But has someone though about the possibility that revealing FC's identity may be a bad thing? We could be disappointed! What if it turns out to be, say, Mark Karpeles?

then I would be like

Well no, I wouldn't want to be invested in a company run by Mark 'Frappuccino' Karpeles! Would you? Will we ever see dividends again that way? Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: