Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 90. (Read 808757 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
October 11, 2013, 04:51:46 AM
So far it seems like Ukyo won't export AM shares from BF. This will probably result in even lower prices. Therefore BF.AM shares are inferior. Keep this in mind when you see some crazy stuff.

Always remember:

The cat has a plan. Wink
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
October 11, 2013, 04:45:42 AM
You are just plain wrong.... Money is a zero-sum game utility. It's like stores the economic energy. It's conserved. You cannot create energy wealth (economic energy) out of nowhere. Central banks can print money currency, but no one believes that they "create money". They simply take money wealth from one man's pocket and put it into another man's pocket. MoneyWealth is conserved....

Money Currency (spendable units of account) is not conserved. It is created/destroyed by extension and repayment of credit, both public (govt spending vs taxation) and private (in the banking system and money markets).  Base money currency (created by the central bank) is a very small part of total money + credit. Example: I loan you $100 and you give me an IOU redeemable on demand. If your credit is known to be good, that IOU is tradeable for $98, say. That is an extra $98 of credit-money come into existence.

Also, you are confusing value wealth and money. Value Wealth is most certainly not conserved. Example: if I run my car into my living room, I have destroyed value (though no money has changed hands).

Also, classical economics books DO assume (wrongly) money is conserved (for a great detailed explanation of this, read Mirowski's "More Heat Than Light").

Bitcoin is kind-of conserved because there is no credit economy to speak of.
Look up the wealth transfer mechanism as explained by Mike Maloney. You need to get the language clear between wealth (economic energy), money (medium of wealth exchange), currency (issued claim on money), and credit (expansion of the money supply through future settlement). Credit creation leads to credit consolidation cycles (i.e. booms and busts), which theoretically can only be mitigated through bankruptcies or a wealth transfer mechanism called inflation, which conducts wealth at each consolidation from lenders to borrowers. The current banking system owns the currency and credit creation franchise and thus subverts the access to real money and wealth. Bitcoin and projects like ZeroReserve will hopefully change that by offering a basis for an non-manipulated money supply and a leveled playing field for credit creation.

All this for free, thanks! : )

So much for huhai "send me coins I'll explain you stuff you don't understand", lol.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
October 11, 2013, 04:01:57 AM
On the ship, tied to the mast.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
October 11, 2013, 03:25:01 AM
not many buyers out there...btct shares getting processed...this is going to be a shitstorm.... Sad

lots of bagholders
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
October 10, 2013, 06:37:36 PM
You are just plain wrong.... Money is a zero-sum game utility. It's like stores the economic energy. It's conserved. You cannot create energy wealth (economic energy) out of nowhere. Central banks can print money currency, but no one believes that they "create money". They simply take money wealth from one man's pocket and put it into another man's pocket. MoneyWealth is conserved....

Money Currency (spendable units of account) is not conserved. It is created/destroyed by extension and repayment of credit, both public (govt spending vs taxation) and private (in the banking system and money markets).  Base money currency (created by the central bank) is a very small part of total money + credit. Example: I loan you $100 and you give me an IOU redeemable on demand. If your credit is known to be good, that IOU is tradeable for $98, say. That is an extra $98 of credit-money come into existence.

Also, you are confusing value wealth and money. Value Wealth is most certainly not conserved. Example: if I run my car into my living room, I have destroyed value (though no money has changed hands).

Also, classical economics books DO assume (wrongly) money is conserved (for a great detailed explanation of this, read Mirowski's "More Heat Than Light").

Look up the wealth transfer mechanism as explained by Mike Maloney. You need to get the language clear between wealth (economic energy), money (medium of wealth exchange), currency (issued claim on money), and credit (expansion of the money supply through future settlement). Credit creation leads to credit consolidation cycles (i.e. booms and busts), which theoretically can only be mitigated through bankruptcies or a wealth transfer mechanism called inflation, which conducts wealth at each consolidation from lenders to borrowers. The current banking system owns the currency and credit creation franchise and thus subverts the access to real money and wealth. Bitcoin and projects like ZeroReserve will hopefully change that by offering a basis for an non-manipulated money supply and a leveled playing field for credit creation.

J.P. Morgan famously said "money is gold, everything else is credit". Were he alive today he might say "money is gold and bitcoin, everything else is credit".  Wink
October 10, 2013, 04:24:10 PM

Entirely agree with these comments and the distinction you make between currency and money.
donator
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
October 10, 2013, 03:31:43 PM

Activity: 131
October 10, 2013, 03:24:14 PM
Where are my dividends??? Havelock has still not paid out and Wednesday is over... No word from anyone, what is going on?
Delayed due to transferring PT from BTCT to HaveLock.

Well that's annoying. My shares are already on Havelock and I would like to purchase some shares with my dividends with the price is low!

I bet not as annoying as all the issuers having to deal with btct closing, bitfunder closing to US investors, and them having to find new exchanges or closing assets, and handling 100s or perhaps 1000s(?) of transfer requests.

Count your blessings, and keep in mind everyone is in the same boat.

-helixone
legendary
Activity: 817
Merit: 1000
October 10, 2013, 02:26:07 PM
Where are my dividends??? Havelock has still not paid out and Wednesday is over... No word from anyone, what is going on?
Delayed due to transferring PT from BTCT to HaveLock.

Well that's annoying. My shares are already on Havelock and I would like to purchase some shares with my dividends with the price is low!
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
October 10, 2013, 10:15:51 AM
(... As trolls go, much less classy than vycid, I have to say...)
+1
Vycid had his issues, but at least he could do basic math and knew wtf was going on.
October 10, 2013, 10:10:02 AM
(... As trolls go, much less classy than vycid, I have to say...)
Bitgoblin
October 10, 2013, 09:26:44 AM

Not me, not anymore.

So you did write PUT for vycyd. Does that hurt?  lol.

No, it doesn't, actually.

I mostly see it as me playing against him and he winning, and that's very good: who played best, won, and that's great. At least money went to someone who deserved it, instead of to some bank or politician.

Or you can say I've paid him to learn a lesson, there are much more expensive lessons out there.

Either way, it's been quite good.

(obviously not as good as getting it right, but better to fail here were the amount are relatively low, than failing much bigger later)
Activity: 68
October 10, 2013, 07:43:00 AM

Not me, not anymore.

So you did write PUT for vycyd. Does that hurt?  lol.
g83
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
October 10, 2013, 07:38:52 AM
SELL SELL SELL
Bitgoblin
October 10, 2013, 07:26:42 AM
I definitely know PUT option. Even BTCT is still there, it doesn't help much. The options on BTCT are insane most of the time.
If you are a hardcore AM fanboy, I can offer you a better deal. I keep your AM shares for 3 month. I pay you 2x the weekly dividend,  whatevev it is. I return the AM shares back to you in Dec.
How about this deal?
Just stating you are wrong does not make me an AM fanboy, and I obviously would be insane to just "hand over" my shares to you, random passerby.

If you want to buy PUTs you could do like vycyd did: you post your offer, someone might "accept" and write such a PUT, and you go buy that PUT. Worked pretty well for him, but that was before the crash.
Obviously if you think price will drop so much in 3 months, you might be able to find someone to write them.
Not me, not anymore.
October 10, 2013, 07:15:10 AM
Can you tell me where I can buy short positon on AM? love to know.
You can buy PUTs.
How can you know everything but not this?

Of course, now that there isn't btct anymore, buying PUTs might be tricky.

I definitely know PUT option. Even BTCT is still there, it doesn't help much. The options on BTCT are insane most of the time.
If you are a hardcore AM fanboy, I can offer you a better deal. I keep your AM shares for 3 month. I pay you 2x the weekly dividend,  whatevev it is. I return the AM shares back to you in Dec.
How about this deal?

Tempting but counterparty risk is too great for me.

How about you just give me 2x the weekly dividend?
October 10, 2013, 07:13:30 AM
You are just plain wrong.
We are talking about money, not commodities, not the value you are referring to.
If your knowledge of money comes from your economics books, you are doomed. Money is a zero-sum game. It's like the energy. It's conserved. You cannot create energy out of nowhere. Central banks can print money, but no one believes that they "create money". They simply take money from one man's pocket and put it into another man's pocket. Money is conserved. Your economics books are wrong.

You are completely wrong. In fact you are not even getting as far as being wrong.

Money (spendable units of account) is not conserved. It is created/destroyed by extension and repayment of credit, both public (govt spending vs taxation) and private (in the banking system and money markets).  Base money (created by the central bank) is a very small part of total money + credit. Example: I loan you $100 and you give me an IOU redeemable on demand. If your credit is known to be good, that IOU is tradeable for $98, say. That is an extra $98 of credit-money come into existence.

Also, you are confusing value and money. Value is most certainly not conserved. Example: if I run my car into my living room, I have destroyed value (though no money has changed hands).

Activity: 68
October 10, 2013, 07:07:55 AM
You can buy PUTs.

How about this deal?
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
October 10, 2013, 06:53:30 AM
This is plain wrong.
Either it is zero-sum, or it isn't.
Turns out it isn't.
Value can be created and destroyed.

until they keep printing they are doing both.

zero-sum or not, someone got raped
[sorry for the OT]
Bitgoblin
October 10, 2013, 06:26:22 AM
You can buy PUTs.

Pages:
Jump to: