Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 91. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
October 10, 2013, 06:23:44 AM
Making NO money or losing money is a common thing. Making money is a miracle. When someone is making money, that means others are losing money.
This is plain wrong.
Either it is zero-sum, or it isn't.
Turns out it isn't.
Value can be created and destroyed.

If I have a bottle and I break it, I've likely destroyed value.

If I take a canvas and paint something, I've possibly created value: who buys my painting has less money but has one painting worth that much money (if the trade was fair), and now I have one less empty canvas and some money.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
October 10, 2013, 03:51:37 AM
Where are my dividends??? Havelock has still not paid out and Wednesday is over... No word from anyone, what is going on?
Delayed due to transferring PT from BTCT to HaveLock.

I'm still waiting on Burnside to do my transfer to direct from 27th Sept. So don't hold your breath.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
October 10, 2013, 12:55:32 AM
Where are my dividends??? Havelock has still not paid out and Wednesday is over... No word from anyone, what is going on?
Delayed due to transferring PT from BTCT to HaveLock.
legendary
Activity: 817
October 10, 2013, 12:54:12 AM
Activity: 131
October 09, 2013, 09:39:30 PM
What're the catches of AM1 in Havelock? Any dividend/tranferin/out fee? Any limitation to transfer out? etc

From the prospectus: https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=AM1

- Each AM1 share has the right to 100% of its respective dividends. There are no asset management fees for AM1 shares.
- There is no fee to import shares. There is no minimum quantity for importing shares. (With multiple import sources, including at the time of writing the other existing passthroughs.)
- One transfer OUT of AM1 will be processed free once per month per account. Subsequent transfers within the same month OUT of AM1 are subject to a fee of 0.25 BTC for transfers of 49 shares or less.
- Transfers OUT of AM1 are always free for any transfer of 50 shares or more.
- Export requests to Friedcat will be submitted within 48 hours of receiving your shares.

This all seems very favorable when compared to either the btct or bitfunder passthroughs (especially bitfunder).

The only "catches" it seems are that the issuer reserves the the following rights:

1. To change schedule of dividends to be in line with any changes in schedule the underlying asset may enact.
2. To change the % of board mining profits withheld if expenses, like electricity, are not covered by the 15% portion being withheld.
3. To make changes to this contract that represent the best interests of its shareholders.
4. To correct and clarify any gross errors or details herein that may prove to be open to misinterpretation.
5. To discontinue import services.
6. To refuse abusive requests of the import/export services offered.

Right now there are basically two places (other than OTC) to trade whole shares. Havelock and bitfunder (G.ASICMINER-PT).

Despite explicit rights in the prospectus, G.ASICMINER-PT's operators have not been allowing share imports OR exports for the past couple of months, so I'd say that it's seems that Havelock is the only game in town for shareholders that want to trade whole shares, and still have the opportunity to export to direct shares. I would also say that it seems inevitable, that over the next few weeks that AM1 will grow to become the largest passthrough.

-helixone
legendary
Activity: 1036
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
October 09, 2013, 07:29:58 PM
hmmmm  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.
October 09, 2013, 07:27:55 PM
What're the catches of AM1 in Havelock? Any dividend/tranferin/out fee? Any limitation to transfer out? etc
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
October 09, 2013, 05:49:19 PM
TAT.ASICMINER BTCT.co UPDATE

Due to technical issues, we unfortunately cannot facilitate migrations of TAT.ASICMINER shares to Bitfunder. BTCT.co shareholders MUST use an account at HavelockInvestments.com

If you haven't already, please RESUBMIT your transfer request and include your HAVELOCK account email address.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but this is due to a technical limitation with Bitfunder's ability to import users. You MUST choose Havelock.

Also, please note that all of these migration issues and exchange changes may cause a delay in the issuance of dividends.

Havelocks going to see a lot more shares
Activity: 963
Merit: 509
October 09, 2013, 04:44:20 PM
Good time to scoop up shares I take it

if you're in the US, I recommend buying direct shares.

I can always buy on havelock and withdraw cant I?

Correct.. 50 share minimum for a free transfer.  Less then 50 costs .25 btc

One withdrawl is free each month
Activity: 236
www.bitcoingem.com
October 09, 2013, 04:15:30 PM

Correct.. 50 share minimum for a free transfer.  Less then 50 costs .25 btc
Activity: 219
October 09, 2013, 04:02:36 PM

Activity: 963
Merit: 509
October 09, 2013, 03:30:10 PM
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1018
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
October 09, 2013, 03:22:22 PM
Dividends coming today?

Yes, just like every other Wednesday.  I don't think Asicminer ever missed one.
Activity: 236
www.bitcoingem.com
October 09, 2013, 03:20:43 PM
Dividends coming today?
Activity: 160
October 09, 2013, 03:03:23 PM
Friedcat said the profit margin would be one digit next year. It's friedcat saying it, not me.

I think the majority of people have misinterpreted this comment, if you read it more clearly it has the opposite connotation, AM is preparing itself so that Gen2 will be competitive even if the ASIC manufacturing industry is faced with single digit % profits. do you see the difference? They will produce Gen2 at a low enough cost that they can chase the margin down to single digits to squeeze the competition. I think the interpretation that GEN2 will be produced and out of the gate only see single digit % profits... i find it laughable that anybody could have made this assumption. my 2 cents.

In a mature industry margins are squeezed to zero. The only exceptions are brands, which command a premium. ASICs are becoming commodity hardware and over the whole industry, at the margin, the margins will be driven to zero. In this sense the bears are right.

Asicminer has both early mover advantage, which is short term, and the advantage of having personal relationships with manufacturers in Shenzen to produce hardware at cost. The latter is 'invincible' and it is this you are investing in when buying shares in Asicminer as a mining company. In addition, friedcat has proven adaptable and an astute strategist. There is also a hope therefore he can create new value opportunities as a businessman.

Others' advantages could be hosting costs/power. The franchising model hopefully can marry this with friedcat's manufacturing advantage.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
October 09, 2013, 01:26:26 PM
Friedcat said the profit margin would be one digit next year. It's friedcat saying it, not me.

I think the majority of people have misinterpreted this comment, if you read it more clearly it has the opposite connotation, AM is preparing itself so that Gen2 will be competitive even if the ASIC manufacturing industry is faced with single digit % profits. do you see the difference? They will produce Gen2 at a low enough cost that they can chase the margin down to single digits to squeeze the competition. I think the interpretation that GEN2 will be produced and out of the gate only see single digit % profits... i find it laughable that anybody could have made this assumption. my 2 cents.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
October 09, 2013, 01:09:04 PM

Activity: 219
October 09, 2013, 01:06:10 PM
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
October 09, 2013, 01:05:33 PM
I am not going to argue with anyone.

good, because you are ignoring significant product for sale in the short term. 

The math has been done several times in both threads, and even at significantly reduced margins, the profit/dividend is significant for the next 2 months.

I know you are referring to the 500T. Those 500T is worth only 30K BTC if they are deployed in Oct, and 20K is in Nov. It's just a portion of the 0.2B/share. Don't put too much hope on this one.

Are you the next Vycid? Do you have short positions on AM?

I have no idea who Vycid is.
Can you tell me where I can buy short positon on AM? love to know.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
October 09, 2013, 01:04:20 PM
Are you the next Vycid?

No, Vycid can at least do math.
Pages:
Jump to: