Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 95. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto
October 01, 2013, 09:40:06 PM
I moved a few shares to trade on havelock, OMG the volume of trade is pathetic. a sell or a buy every 14 hours or so.................

Havelock has about 4K shares while BF has about 12K - do you think this changeover will see a big influx into Havelock?

Well at least for havelock they have a working api  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.
October 01, 2013, 09:17:44 PM
What are pros cons of bitfunderpt and havelockpt
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
October 01, 2013, 08:43:05 PM
I moved a few shares to trade on havelock, OMG the volume of trade is pathetic. a sell or a buy every 14 hours or so.................

Havelock has about 4K shares while BF has about 12K - do you think this changeover will see a big influx into Havelock?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto
October 01, 2013, 08:33:21 PM
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
October 01, 2013, 05:56:50 PM
Well this is a fair time to observe  Cool
Activity: 234
Merit: 105
October 01, 2013, 05:35:45 PM
Looking at havelock, the yield at 1.1btc is around 41%... even though nobody can grant future dividends, I dont see why is falling so much... tomorrow is payment day!

just weak hands and low volume trading... nothing to worry about if you're holding on for dividends
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
bitarchitect
October 01, 2013, 05:08:02 PM
Looking at havelock, the yield at 1.1btc is around 41%... even though nobody can grant future dividends, I dont see why is falling so much... tomorrow is payment day!
Activity: 617
Merit: 559
October 01, 2013, 04:20:29 PM
Actually I think the current price drop is mainly based on the fact that BTCT closes and I assume not everyone is happy with direct shares or Havelock. It's hard to say where we are heading, but I think a meaningful answer can only be given post-BTCT.

Little of Column A, little of Column B on this one. BTCT's closure coinciding with AM's personal hurdles plus the bear market in ฿itcoin related securities has created the perform storm. There is definitely a shit storm a brewing right now for anyone other than liquid ฿itcoin holders. One thing new entrants into ฿itcoin realize eventually is the laws of money in the inflationary world do not exist here.

Our assets are backed by a deflationary money, this changes the dynamic. The rest of the world now wants what AM had, this changes the dynamic. I felt horrible at the time for selling as muchAM @ 4BTC/share as I did, part of the learning curve of playing in a new paradigm. I think 5BTC/share will be a much, much more difficult to reach for ASICMINER in the future with the increasing competition in play combined with investors who will for lack of a better term will 'know better' next time.

Kind of puts a dark cloud over ฿itcoin assets when the currencies first major success story is going down the elevator shaft along with everyone else. Hold on tight Boys and Girls!
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
October 01, 2013, 03:49:44 PM
Actually I think the current price drop is mainly based on the fact that BTCT closes and I assume not everyone is happy with direct shares or Havelock. It's hard to say where we are heading, but I think a meaningful answer can only be given post-BTCT.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
October 01, 2013, 03:42:03 PM
Currently at 1.1BTC.  My wager: we hit 0.55BTC on any of the three (soon to be two) main exchanges - haverlock, bitfunder or btct before we hit 2.2BTC.  Basically I bet we will go down 50% before we double.  Anyone want to take that bet for 1BTC?

I think it will go even lower.

Ditto.
Listen, if they fall so behind they can neither sell or mine at a profit, they will go to 0 after they pay out any residual profits in a final dividend.  This really is a all-or-none situation hence the volatility

Makes sense to me. I personally believe that AM will not hit 0, they will pull something out and manage to hold a spot at the Big Boys table. The amount of time it takes them to establish that could easily bring the price below 0.5฿. This is make or break and the price is screaming that reality.
+1
The only way to really know if it going to 0 is to know what FC really up to.  Unless you have insider info, that is all just hunches and guesses.
Activity: 557
Merit: 101
October 01, 2013, 03:32:12 PM
Goodbye, ASICMiner - everyone that has bought your products has lost money; now it's time to die.
October 01, 2013, 03:23:20 PM
Currently at 1.1BTC.  My wager: we hit 0.55BTC on any of the three (soon to be two) main exchanges - haverlock, bitfunder or btct before we hit 2.2BTC.  Basically I bet we will go down 50% before we double.  Anyone want to take that bet for 1BTC?

Ditto.
Listen, if they fall so behind they can neither sell or mine at a profit, they will go to 0 after they pay out any residual profits in a final dividend.  This really is a all-or-none situation hence the volatility

Makes sense to me. I personally believe that AM will not hit 0, they will pull something out and manage to hold a spot at the Big Boys table. The amount of time it takes them to establish that could easily bring the price below 0.5฿. This is make or break and the price is screaming that reality.
October 01, 2013, 02:55:42 PM

Ditto.
October 01, 2013, 02:13:23 PM

Ditto.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010
October 01, 2013, 02:12:39 PM

October 01, 2013, 02:04:21 PM
October 01, 2013, 02:02:00 PM
Is ASICMINER ever going to stop going down?
I think this ends at 0 if they fall enough behind that their miners unprofitable to produce.
Activity: 238
October 01, 2013, 10:38:41 AM
Yes, but only when competition is going down.
Activity: 253
Merit: 250
October 01, 2013, 10:38:18 AM
VanCleef you bastard
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
October 01, 2013, 10:36:27 AM
Pages:
Jump to: