Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 97. (Read 808757 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
September 28, 2013, 07:00:46 PM
And...

Is it safe to buy on btctc.co or why everybody want direct shares now? Something happened with btctc.co?

Thanks a lot. I think this will be usefull for others too  Smiley

btct.co will be closed soon and shares have to be moved to another trading platform (havelock or bitfunder).
I don't think it's unsafe, but it would be a hassle to buy at btct.co now.
It would seem prudent to just take the shares directly.  It seems like only a matter of time before the other exchanges close as well.

I agree 100%. And probably in the others exchanges we don't get that lucky and maybe we could lose some in the progress.
Thanks to burnside for the great work!
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 28, 2013, 05:32:41 PM
And...

Is it safe to buy on btctc.co or why everybody want direct shares now? Something happened with btctc.co?

btct.co will be closed soon and shares have to be moved to another trading platform (havelock or bitfunder).
It would seem prudent to just take the shares directly.  It seems like only a matter of time before the other exchanges close as well.
Activity: 167
September 28, 2013, 05:30:38 PM
Do you guys think ASIC MINER will announce new products before November 15? If not when?
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
September 28, 2013, 05:22:56 PM
I go so far that I say: it's safe.

As long as BTCT is open, you are able to trade AM shares there or export them to BF or HL. After the closure - as intended in Octobre or not intended earlier for whatever reason - all remaining shares should be converted to direct shares. Friedcat receives the list with all shareholders frequently for exactly this case and as far as I know: he is prepared. Make sure your public withdrawal address is one you can control.

The only failure I see here is an unintended shutdown between the time of the last report to friedcat and the next one. Asset issuers receive the list with all shareholders two times a day at 06:00 and 18:00 UTC.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
September 28, 2013, 04:16:29 PM
And...

Activity: 121
September 28, 2013, 04:09:23 PM
Hey guys  Smiley,
can you briefly get me into the picture? What happened to ASICMINER? Hashrate is 3% and PTs are for 1.431btc. Last time I checked it was around 3.5btc and hashrate higher. Is it still Bitfury and KNC the main competition? Are they shipping?

And...

Thanks a lot. I think this will be usefull for others too  Smiley

Activity: 770
Merit: 501
September 27, 2013, 10:27:41 AM
I think the forums are the best place for AM auctions.
thanks, just want to be sure that's the only place to check usual span of value. i thought quite negative about not buying on an exchange at first but during the last weeks is see that this illiquidity has also its positive aspects (security and higher value)   
Activity: 160
September 27, 2013, 10:07:21 AM
I think the forums are the best place for AM auctions.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
September 27, 2013, 08:40:34 AM
Well I bottled it and asked burnside to transfer my shares to direct so I can sleep at night.

Not sure if that was a good idea...

they are not as liquid but you're not relying on any third party, it's just you and friendcat Smiley
first time is see this
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wtb-x2-asicminer-direct-shares-reverse-auction-296912
Bullish ASICMINER share holders are bullish. I give [email protected]
lol

perhaps a stupid question, but are there any other common places for auctioning direct AM shares besides on bitcointalk forum? (share transfer from exchanges, personal arrangements via pm or mail excluded)
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
bitcoin hodler
September 27, 2013, 06:35:32 AM
Well I bottled it and asked burnside to transfer my shares to direct so I can sleep at night.

they are not as liquid but you're not relying on any third party, it's just you and friendcat Smiley
Activity: 160
September 27, 2013, 06:01:56 AM

Activity: 752
Merit: 500
bitcoin hodler
September 27, 2013, 02:00:32 AM
Ok guys so back to the main subject. ASICMINER once more hit a new bottom plus BTCT is closing soon! but it seems the price is kinda going a little bit up or stabilizing because of the update. Now here comes the question the mining and hardware sales are still kinda low....

So for the next few weeks prior to the new blades hashing. Are we to expect even lower divs? Cry

I personally do think that. What are your opinions?

depends how fast the blade prices come down. Right now they are too expensive for your average miner.

there are couple important facts that we know now

- main datacenter can only hold around 50 Thash so the solo hashing won't bring nearly as much as it did before
- there will be 500 Thash incoming for sale and franchising next month
- there will be Gen 2 chips coming november/december

so I guess untill the 500 Thash worth of chips arrives we will not see any high divs. After that we will get pretty good dividends and gen 2 will definitely be a game changer, it's the only way to stay competitive in such a competitive area
Activity: 310
September 26, 2013, 11:43:55 PM
Ok guys so back to the main subject. ASICMINER once more hit a new bottom plus BTCT is closing soon! but it seems the price is kinda going a little bit up or stabilizing because of the update. Now here comes the question the mining and hardware sales are still kinda low....

So for the next few weeks prior to the new blades hashing. Are we to expect even lower divs? Cry

depends how fast the blade prices come down. Right now they are too expensive for your average miner.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto
September 26, 2013, 07:53:24 PM

Activity: 210
September 26, 2013, 07:31:35 PM

I'll keep to my word.  If you worried, we can escrow the bets.

Congrats, mechs - wager paid this morning

Someone should def be giving Kibbles a +1 trust.. 

In the bitcoin world, this is def worth a trust.
That was the first thing I did
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
September 26, 2013, 05:54:33 PM
It's likely that there was money to get from BFL and you basically forced paypal to go get it through a chargeback but I don't see them leaving your account in the positive if they wouldn't be able to recover.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
September 26, 2013, 05:48:36 PM
the knc pre-order was suspicious since the started, it goes like customer can pay with payal/cc, but delivery date is a bit more than 3 months, which is beyond the refundable period of paypal/cc. A calculated move, I guess.
for CC orders through PayPal you can chargeback the CC for a long time if it is non-delivery.  You will however kiss your paypal account good bye.
In my experience this wasn't true.
I contacted Paypal about a refund with BFL and
they said it was beyond 90 days so they could not do anything,
but they did recommend contacting my credit card company which I did.
My credit card company credited back my card with a little bit of hassle.
Since then I have used my Paypal a bunch of times with no issues or any kind of blowback.
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
September 26, 2013, 04:47:50 PM
the knc pre-order was suspicious since the started, it goes like customer can pay with payal/cc, but delivery date is a bit more than 3 months, which is beyond the refundable period of paypal/cc. A calculated move, I guess.
for CC orders through PayPal you can chargeback the CC for a long time if it is non-delivery.  You will however kiss your paypal account good bye.

Probably worth it for an order worth multiple thousands...

Would they block you from ever starting a new account?
legendary
Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000
September 26, 2013, 04:19:49 PM
Credit card refund are always the best solution if you used it !
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
September 26, 2013, 03:34:09 PM
Pages:
Jump to: