Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 96. (Read 808757 times)

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
October 01, 2013, 10:17:37 AM
Anyone knows the reason of today's dump?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto
October 01, 2013, 09:51:00 AM
Mintchip is not crypto currency, it is digital centralized digital currency backed by the canadian gov

Mintchip is not, in fact, a currency at all but a platform for spending fiat using blockchain inspired infrastructure (including digital signing). The Mintchip itself is the hardware on which the platform operates.

Sounds perfect, best of both worlds.

Ability to transact at small cost very quickly anywhere, but with a stable currency value.

Just imagine the US unveiling it's own cyber-currency, Bitcoin game over......

Not really. It would be just a crypto with a generation backed by the FED. Same shit in different form. Like they say, "It is like shit on a silver platter, Shines!"
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
October 01, 2013, 09:46:23 AM
Mintchip is not crypto currency, it is digital centralized digital currency backed by the canadian gov

Mintchip is not, in fact, a currency at all but a platform for spending fiat using blockchain inspired infrastructure (including digital signing). The Mintchip itself is the hardware on which the platform operates.

Sounds perfect, best of both worlds.

Ability to transact at small cost very quickly anywhere, but with a stable currency value.

Just imagine the US unveiling it's own cyber-currency, Bitcoin game over......
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
October 01, 2013, 03:42:36 AM
With only increasing regulatory scruitiny, it is more likely than not that bitfunder and haverlock will go the same way as btct.

Havelock is in Canada where regulators have given bitcoin a pass.  All they need to do is make an attempt to dissuade U.S. citizens from investing.
How can you do that without asking for identification verification and noone will want to give that out
Simple.  Say we don't accept USA customers and that's it.  1000s of gambling websites do this now.
Esh
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
September 30, 2013, 01:37:04 PM

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 30, 2013, 01:06:07 PM
In all likelihood it would just be part of a check box questionnaire when you register to become a "qualified investor".

Even with IP/ISP blocks you will get a few percent of US customers using a vpn to get what they want.

There are blacklists of countries IP address ranges you can add to the HTAccess file on the server.

When I had my business I never sold to some countries due to the nature of the product, since they were making up a lot of my bandwidth attempting to hack my ecommerce site I just blocked them. It cut down on 99% of hacking attempts. The remainder were likely using a proxy/vpn to try to get to it.

Interestingly here in Canada they are going to try their own crypto "Mintchip" this year....so it would be pretty hypocritical to ban cryptos and try to produce your own. (I wouldn't put it past our asshat PM to try to do so though.)  I think this is why they are staying so open to the idea of crypto currencies.

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
September 30, 2013, 07:55:38 AM
In all likelihood it would just be part of a check box questionnaire when you register to become a "qualified investor".

Even with IP/ISP blocks you will get a few percent of US customers using a vpn to get what they want.

There are blacklists of countries IP address ranges you can add to the HTAccess file on the server.

When I had my business I never sold to some countries due to the nature of the product, since they were making up a lot of my bandwidth attempting to hack my ecommerce site I just blocked them. It cut down on 99% of hacking attempts. The remainder were likely using a proxy/vpn to try to get to it.

Interestingly here in Canada they are going to try their own crypto "Mintchip" this year....so it would be pretty hypocritical to ban cryptos and try to produce your own. (I wouldn't put it past our asshat PM to try to do so though.)  I think this is why they are staying so open to the idea of crypto currencies.

September 30, 2013, 04:27:14 AM
With only increasing regulatory scruitiny, it is more likely than not that bitfunder and haverlock will go the same way as btct.

Havelock is in Canada where regulators have given bitcoin a pass.  All they need to do is make an attempt to dissuade U.S. citizens from investing.
How can you do that without asking for identification verification and noone will want to give that out

isn't it enough, from a legal point of view, to block USA's ip addresses?
Unclear, it is up the discretion of the SEC and FinCen.  It is trivial afterall to bypass blocking US IPs via Tor or VPNs.
Activity: 38
September 30, 2013, 03:43:49 AM

isn't it enough, from a legal point of view, to block USA's ip addresses?
September 29, 2013, 11:58:57 PM

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
September 29, 2013, 10:39:00 PM

September 29, 2013, 09:10:00 PM
what are the predictions of AM for the next week?  low/high div, big sell off, rally, what?

I see the value on btct slowly declining until Oct 7, but the value on BF will gradually increase, but not much.
A low downward trend - the lack of liquidity by btct closure is the near-term concern.  Bitfunder and Haverlock may very well follow.

Mid-Term, it is all about when AM gets the new gen 2 hashing and what the performance is compared to competition.

The lack of liquidity/down fall of BTCT is a short term concern; if the security/stability of BTC security exchanges remains in question i think its not going to be good for any btc denominated stock.
Activity: 167
September 29, 2013, 08:34:46 PM
what are the predictions of AM for the next week?  low/high div, big sell off, rally, what?

I see the value on btct slowly declining until Oct 7, but the value on BF will gradually increase, but not much.
A low downward trend - the lack of liquidity by btct closure is the near-term concern.  Bitfunder and Haverlock may very well follow.

Mid-Term, it is all about when AM gets the new gen 2 hashing and what the performance is compared to competition.

The lack of liquidity/down fall of BTCT is a short term concern; if the security/stability of BTC security exchanges remains in question i think its not going to be good for any btc denominated stock.
September 29, 2013, 04:46:02 PM

Activity: 146
September 29, 2013, 04:24:29 PM
I see the value on btct slowly declining until Oct 7

In a similar vein to you, I see the value on the exchanges declining.

I bet that any upwards momentum will not be seen until at least mid October.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
September 29, 2013, 03:35:11 PM

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
September 29, 2013, 07:39:38 AM
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
September 29, 2013, 01:36:56 AM
I think that it will be on October 6

Why?
Activity: 27
September 29, 2013, 01:35:55 AM
Do you guys think ASIC MINER will announce new products before November 15? If not when?

I think that it will be on October 6
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
September 28, 2013, 10:48:03 PM
Do you guys think ASIC MINER will announce new products before November 15? If not when?

Why November 15th. Is that your birthday?  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: