Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 101. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
September 23, 2013, 03:49:09 PM
I've already delta-hedged all my remaining options, so the execution is just a formality. Theoretically there is still black-scholes value associated with the options; if the price went back above my target, I could sell back out of the delta-hedge and become net short again.

However, the counterweighting factor is the risk associated with holding options on an imploding exchange. That alone isn't enough to make me execute yet, but now that I consider I am also trapping the money of the people that wrote me options on BTCT, that is enough to compel me to execute the remainder later today.

Sorry, by the way. I don't enjoy taking people's money. At least you did a little better than you would have if you bought another share outright.
Thank you : )
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
September 23, 2013, 03:46:45 PM
Guess it's time to exercise my options...
Yup.
Are you waiting on purpose, confiding it won't break soon?

I've already delta-hedged all my remaining options, so the execution is just a formality. Theoretically there is still black-scholes value associated with the options; if the price went back above my target, I could sell back out of the delta-hedge and become net short again.

However, the counterweighting factor is the risk associated with holding options on an imploding exchange. That alone isn't enough to make me execute yet, but now that I consider I am also trapping the money of the people that wrote me options on BTCT, that is enough to compel me to execute the remainder later today.

Sorry, by the way. I don't enjoy taking people's money. At least you did a little better than you would have if you had bought more shares outright.
Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
September 23, 2013, 02:54:10 PM
Yup.
Are you waiting on purpose, confiding it won't break soon?
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
September 23, 2013, 12:42:43 PM
You make a good point. There is only one position that is as good as first mover, and that is last mover.
Activity: 294
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
September 23, 2013, 11:26:04 AM
As I said before, the dividends are meaningless at this point. They will be low as all coins going towards gen 2 R&D.  What matters is the hashrate and ASICMiner being able to stay ahead of the game.

Sometimes it is wise not to invest in extra production capacity if the industry is going into overcapacity. Then it's wiser to save your money so that you can buy production capacity from others for pennies on the dollar.

Owning production capacity is not interesting when every unit produced is at a loss due to low price of commodity and high investment costs of production equipment.

Could this not be the situation for bitcoin mining in which case AM would be best to save all it's btc, convert some in usd also, and wait for the crises?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto
September 23, 2013, 04:48:44 AM
Shall we trigger the transfer out to btct or wait for burnside to speak??!

I'll answer a bunch more of these questions tomorrow, but I think these are important to address quickly:

First.  The asset issuers have what they need to continue after the trade-freeze.  I am not selling my assets because I hold assets with issuers I felt like I could trust.  In other words, think about what you're doing before you do it.

Second.  If you're trying to withdraw and it's locked, please make sure you've plugged in your address on this page first:  https://btct.co/account?tab=tab2  We have everyone's funds, though I am going to have to pull some funds out of the offline wallet tomorrow I am almost certain.

Third.  ASICMINER-PT shareholders will be fine.  We have lots of options.

Cheers.

Activity: 752
bitcoin hodler
September 23, 2013, 04:47:16 AM

I'll answer a bunch more of these questions tomorrow, but I think these are important to address quickly:

First.  The asset issuers have what they need to continue after the trade-freeze.  I am not selling my assets because I hold assets with issuers I felt like I could trust.  In other words, think about what you're doing before you do it.

Second.  If you're trying to withdraw and it's locked, please make sure you've plugged in your address on this page first:  https://btct.co/account?tab=tab2  We have everyone's funds, though I am going to have to pull some funds out of the offline wallet tomorrow I am almost certain.

Third.  ASICMINER-PT shareholders will be fine.  We have lots of options.

Cheers.

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
September 23, 2013, 04:34:55 AM
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
September 23, 2013, 04:07:25 AM
Well, Burnside owns that asset....oh shit :-)
bitcoin hodler
September 23, 2013, 04:00:45 AM
any idea of what happens to all those pass through AM shares?

they should become direct shares through the passthrough owner who should be given the BTC addresses that are affiliated with the shares - at least that's what I think should happen...
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
September 23, 2013, 03:52:11 AM
any idea of what happens to all those pass through AM shares?
bitcoin hodler
September 23, 2013, 03:50:17 AM

seems like it Smiley congratulations on making a nice couple bitcoins
Unlimited Free Crypto
September 23, 2013, 03:48:14 AM
^^^ holy crap that's crazy news!..  Man...

that's why the price is tanking like crazy... anyway this is an exchange issue, not an AM problem so it should stabilize once the btc-tc problem is solved... we have survived GLBSE which was much much worse.

Nefario still owe us money  Angry.

On the other hand do you knw what happened to BTCT.co? any news from burnside? I sent a transfer request to BTCT.co and now I dunno what friedcat would do!!!! How can I stop this transfer from happening?
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
September 23, 2013, 03:48:07 AM
bitcoin hodler
September 23, 2013, 03:44:25 AM

that's why the price is tanking like crazy... anyway this is an exchange issue, not an AM problem so it should stabilize once the btc-tc problem is solved... we have survived GLBSE which was much much worse.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1018
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
September 23, 2013, 03:44:18 AM
An ASICMINER share sold @ 1.0 btc today?

I'm in mild shock. Never imagined it'd go that low, that seems a whack.

edit: Ok seems it was just 2 shares. Sort of an aberration. Maybe the dude was high or something. But still. Wow... that low eh.....  

where  Huh

BTC TC. Asicminer-pt shares. Check the history...

edit: Maybe that is some sort of false trade related to the stopping / restopping of trading or something. All of the orders for the TAT shares are disappearing right now...
Unlimited Free Crypto
September 23, 2013, 03:42:53 AM

edit: Ok seems it was just 2 shares. Sort of an aberration. Maybe the dude was high or something. But still. Wow... that low eh..... 

where  Huh
legendary
September 23, 2013, 03:41:51 AM
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
September 23, 2013, 03:40:24 AM
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL BTC TRADING CORP WEBSITE PARTICIPANTS

As a result of recent changes in the virtual currency regulatory environment, the btct.co and litecoinglobal.com virtual stock market websites will be closing down.  The following is our current schedule:

Approximately a week ago, both sites were closed to any new users and new asset creation was disabled.

Effective immediately, in conjunction with this release, trading will be halted, all order books cleared, and trading re-enabled.

October 7, 2013, all forms of secondary market trading will be halted on both sites.

Approximately October 31, 2013, both sites will be taken offline.  It is strongly suggested that participants take the following steps to protect all of their virtual assets:

All participants should take steps to transfer all of your BTC and LTC (and any other data you wish to keep, such as CSV trade histories) held on the sites to your personal computer or another trusted site.

All participants should make sure that their public BTC or LTC address is properly set in the Account page on the Settings tab whereby it can be shared with all issuers.

All “issuers” should have the contact information concerning their “investors”, and we ask that all “issuers” communicate with their “investors” as soon as possible as to how they will ensure that all are treated appropriately.
We regret this development. However, we want to do everything we can to minimize problems arising from this transition.  It is our goal to keep this shutdown orderly and calm.

Thank you for your participation, creativity, loyalty and sense of community over the past year.  Additional communications will follow as we work out the details.

Ethan Burnside
BTC Trading Corp.
legendary
September 23, 2013, 03:38:51 AM

Pages:
Jump to: