Pages:
Author

Topic: 🌀 [banned mixer] - CoinJoin Mixer | Your Anonymity Is Our Priority! - page 10. (Read 7007 times)

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
Crypto Swap Exchange
back to the 20to16 topic... the 20 users have to be quick to secure a spot.
in my opinion, it would not be so good if there were fewer potential candidates than the number of spots on offer.
btw there will be another 17 card raffles and UniJoin can create few more rules Wink
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
but cygan for the next raffle prioritizes the signature campaign, of course all Unijoin participants have a chance if they know that this raffle is for Unijoin participants only [...]

The highlighted part is exactly the issue here, as not all campaign participants would have a chance, lol. Only 16 of them will have that chance, meaning that only 75% of them will actually have a chance.

Otherwise you could use the same method as Krogoth

Indeed, that is a viable alternative. krogoth runs these raffles for a long time now and, although at some point he used to make 16 spots raffles (that was years ago), he later switched to 100 spot raffles and there was no problem if not all spots got filled, because after a week he always announced that he will roll no matter if not all spots are filled... So I believe that this would also be a good alternative if 16 spot raffles will not be chosen.
Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
Otherwise you could use the same method as Krogoth

You put 100 places, a deadline for participation, and the draw takes place between those who will participate. With a one-week deadline, that leaves time for everyone, and apparently that fits into 100 places.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 785
@GazetaBitcoin with the 20 participants i meant the participants in the signature campaign. so there would be the possibility to fill the 16 spots completely with these 20 users Wink

I understand -- and this is exactly what I said: if there are 20 participants and only 16 spots then 4 of them will be left out, right? And this does not seem fair for all, considering that the basic idea was to dedicate the raffle to the campaign participants... For applying such idea, in my opinion, all campaign participants should have a chance, but this can't be done in this case, as they are 20 while the spots are only 16...

This is why I suggested, instead, to allow everybody to participate and make the raffle with only 16 spots. It would look incorrect to say "the raffle is for the campaign participants", considering that not all of them can participate...
Even at the moment there are 20 participants in the Unijoin signature campaign and icopress is opening up a few more slots which have been announced in the thread, maybe there will be more than 20, maybe 23 or 25 participants for next week.

I will not oppose it even if you say it is unfair, but cygan for the next raffle prioritizes the signature campaign, of course all Unijoin participants have a chance if they know that this raffle is for Unijoin participants only, so whoever he/she is among the 20 participants must quickly take a position to take the slot.

I am not discouraged because there are still many Unijoin x Icarus, so there are still many chances to win for us in the future. Grin
legendary
@GazetaBitcoin with the 20 participants i meant the participants in the signature campaign. so there would be the possibility to fill the 16 spots completely with these 20 users Wink

I understand -- and this is exactly what I said: if there are 20 participants and only 16 spots then 4 of them will be left out, right? And this does not seem fair for all, considering that the basic idea was to dedicate the raffle to the campaign participants... For applying such idea, in my opinion, all campaign participants should have a chance, but this can't be done in this case, as they are 20 while the spots are only 16...

This is why I suggested, instead, to allow everybody to participate and make the raffle with only 16 spots. It would look incorrect to say "the raffle is for the campaign participants", considering that not all of them can participate...
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
legendary
how would you like it, that again 16 spots (a-f & 0-9) are given away and this time only the users can participate, who are also participants in the UniJoin signature campaign from icopress in the current week (in which the raffle starts)?
that would be 20 participants with 16 spots

I am not sure I understand... You want to make a 16 spots raffle, I get that. I also understand that you want to be eligible only the users which are enrolled this week in UniJoin campaign. But then I don't understand the part "that would be 20 participants with 16 spots". 20 users won't fit in 16 spots, right...? So 4 will be left out.

From my perspective I would rather switch again to a 16 spots raffle, as the first raffle was done, but allow everybody to participate. It seems it takes a while to fill a 100 spots raffle but I am sure that a 16 spots one will be filled very fast (first raffle was filled in only 43 minutes).
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
i might have an idea for the next UniJoin x Icarus cards free raffle. how would you like it, that again 16 spots (a-f & 0-9) are given away and this time only the users can participate, who are also participants in the UniJoin signature campaign from icopress in the current week (in which the raffle starts)?
that would be 20 participants with 16 spots and i would also make the announcement in the campaign thread, start the raffle itself again in the collectibles section - would be worth a consideration Wink
legendary
In my case I have also enjoyed this week's article that delves into the prehistory of Bitcoin, or the background that made it possible, showing us how wwhen the internet as we know it had not yet been invented the foundations of Bitcoin were already being laid by people committed to privacy and distrustful of large centralized organizations. Of course, governments saw in these movements a threat to their power and tried to put stones in the way but history shows that they did not achieve their goal.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed this essay as well! And, if you are interested about ancient times, "when the internet as we know it had not yet been invented" then I can also recommend you a book: Underground: Tales of Hacking, Madness and Obsession on the Electronic Frontier. You can learn from that book about Australian hackers which activated before TCP/IP era (Australians, just like our queen Smiley), how they managed to hack so many important networks and, of course, you will also learn about Julian Assange's (known as Mendax in that period) group of hackers.

In this regard I recommend a quick visit to foxpup's first post on the forum.

Hehe, that was nice catch, PokerPlayer Smiley But... what is the connection between our queen's first post and the blog articles? Smiley

Thank you for sharing this new material, iwantmyhomepaidwithbtc2! I hope that you will also subscribe and like Smiley

This is an extremely interesting subject and, IMO, unfortunately too under-documented!

True...

This reminds me this other excellent article from Gazeta: Bitcoin: The dream of Cypherpunks, libertarians and crypto-anarchists

Blushing  Roll Eyes
Crypto Swap Exchange
Unijoin posted a new article : Bitcoin: The story of early versions of digital money

This is an extremely interesting subject and, IMO, unfortunately too under-documented!

We all owe a lot to these trials and these attempts - also unsuccessful - of creating a perfect digital money which opened the way to Bitcoin.

This reminds me this other excellent article from Gazeta: Bitcoin: The dream of Cypherpunks, libertarians and crypto-anarchists

copper member
Activity: 173
Merit: 285
Your Bitcoin Mixer
I'll leave this here in case someone hasn't seen the raffle announcement!

We still have quite a few places open.  Cheesy
Merit: 198
My privacy, my right.
when it comes to Phil Zimmermann and his pgp, i would recommend you this german thread: Phil Zimmermanns Gedanken zu PGP - Wir alle sollten sie lesen
for all others interested here is the original thread from GazetaBitcoin: Phil Zimmermann's thoughts about PGP - We all should read them

At same time, let's mention though not just the Twitter post, but also the direct link to the article, from UniJoin's Medium blog:

The Radical History of Bitcoin

In my case I have also enjoyed this week's article that delves into the prehistory of Bitcoin, or the background that made it possible, showing us how wwhen the internet as we know it had not yet been invented the foundations of Bitcoin were already being laid by people committed to privacy and distrustful of large centralized organizations. Of course, governments saw in these movements a threat to their power and tried to put stones in the way but history shows that they did not achieve their goal.

With all that energy and efforts put together by governments over the ast decades to distablize and stagnate the success of decentralization but couldn't achieve their aim. The conviction every lover of privacy and decentralization should hold to heart is that if they the government's couldn't succeed prior to this time when the internet hasn't gained this global acceptance and usage then they will never be able to tarnish decentralization in this internet age. They can only keep on trying based in their pride.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
when it comes to Phil Zimmermann and his pgp, i would recommend you this german thread: Phil Zimmermanns Gedanken zu PGP - Wir alle sollten sie lesen
for all others interested here is the original thread from GazetaBitcoin: Phil Zimmermann's thoughts about PGP - We all should read them

At same time, let's mention though not just the Twitter post, but also the direct link to the article, from UniJoin's Medium blog:

Crypto Swap Exchange
Did you see this notification on Telegram?

Activity: 406
Merit: 443
Hey @UniJoin Are there any plans to provide APIs to developers or any plans to release Electrum plugin?
Yes, it is on our roadmap to offer an API for UniJoin, so that shops and services can implement our service into their site.

Also, we want to create a system, which will be used to pay for a service who are requesting an exact amount.
Hey @UniJoin

Is there any update about this or if it will be implemented within this year? Excited to try API Mixer.
I want to know whether you have any future ideas for providing a private key or private code that can be used to withdraw from unijoin mixer. I can send coins at any time, and instead of withdrawing it after certain hours, I can withdraw it using a private code at any time and use it to make anonymous deposits or any similar ideas?
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
✂️
We announced another raffle and significantly increased the number of slots, so that everyone will have the opportunity to participate.
✂️

nice to see that now with this raffle also other users gave the chance to play and maybe win - some variety never hurts Wink
we have also shared this raffle via our twitter account:

https://twitter.com/IcarusCards/status/1701707824253079866
legendary
I took a look at the translations of this topic, as I was wondering if the changes of OP were applied also by the translators -- I am talking about the new pictograms added to OP.

With this occasion I observed that the Russian translation is not up to date. I was wondering if klarki can also apply the last changes to his translation, thus it would properly mirror the actual design of the OP?

I hope this helps.
legendary
We announced another raffle and significantly increased the number of slots, so that everyone will have the opportunity to participate.

Thank you for the announcement done inside this thread, UniJoin! I am more than sure that the raffle will have now better visibility.

Great new article “The Radical History of Bitcoin” and in my opinion very well written. It brought back memories of the time when I discovered PGP pretty early after Phil Zimmermann published it.

I am more than glad to hear you appreciated this file of history Smiley Feel free to like and subscribe if you enjoyed the content!

Thank you for the mention, dear cygan!
copper member
Your Bitcoin Mixer
Guys, it's me again.  Smiley

We are glad to announce that this series of raffles will be dedicated to UniJoin collectible cards created in cooperation with Icarus. 🔐

There are only 20 cards released and it will be impossible to buy them, but you can take part in one of the 19 raffles and try to win one of them.
 After one of the users wins a custom UniJoin card and confirms that he received it, it will be loaded onto 1mBTC. We wish everyone good luck!
copper member
Your Bitcoin Mixer
Great new article “The Radical History of Bitcoin” and in my opinion very well written. It brought back memories of the time when I discovered PGP pretty early after Phil Zimmermann published it. A book about PGP was very likely my first book about serious cryptography. It's kind of hard to think about it that once publicly published cryptography was considered a military weapon and the failed attempts of three letter agencies to restrict it.

Thanks for this highly recommended read and I'm looking forward for more on this topic and how it planed the ground for the inception of Bitcoin.

Thank you very much for the great feedback Cricktor! We are glad you liked our newest article and rest assured, we have more insightful articles in the pipeline that explore the intersections of cryptography, privacy, and the evolution of digital currencies. Stay tuned for these upcoming pieces!

Would be great if you can provide us some feedback when you read the article Cygan!  Smiley

Also regarding the raffle, there will be an announcement within 24 hours. Stay tuned!
Pages:
Jump to: