Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 276. (Read 1210750 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
No hard feelings mate but your debate is not taking us anywhere fast.

Well, I won't waste your time answering your questions then......  Huh

Sussex your one of the most stubborn people I've every come across why is the BBR name so important to you? For me it's what makes the most people happy, its about the success of the coin. I'm not worried about the name, and you shouldn't either. You should be worried about the coin not its name.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Just to muddy the waters a little more....

I crashed out last night mulling over the name Breeze.

Delivered on the Breeze

Feel the Breeze

It's a Breeze

Like a Breeze

It has many positive connotations, is light and friendly, is good graphically, the BBR ticker sort of works and, best of all, it isn't Rune.

It still leaves the gaping hole of uniqueness that Boolberry fills so well, but like I said, it's not Rune.

It's prolly a crap idea, but I'm putting it out there in the hope of taking some floating voters away from Rune.

I'm still voting no change.

But what about the people who have threatened to dump BBR upon a rebrand? I read somewhere that it is some sort of a silver currency and any attempt to become something else will be met fiercely. I really don't understand this community. Are you guys trying to be something you are not? Why can't you stay grounded all your life?

Anybody with so little regard for this coin, is not worth worrying about.

If Apple changed their name to Fanboy Erotic Aids do you not think there would be a dump of shares?

I say fu*k poll for a name! Core team just steer this ship, there is no point in sailing in circles over this. Please make decision over a name and do the more important thing - start the marketing. Me personally like hornyPo's suggestion, change the name and keep the ticker BBR for the reason he said, or what ever you find easiest to market. The tech will speek for it self.

keep the ticker BBR have the benefit thats the history chart don´t get lost in the exchanges.

Even if it sound undemocratic, i think a vote take only the current opinion, and that dos not mean that it is the best option for the future.

Because all what sussex said about the name Boolberry i fully agree. These are very good arguments!

Then another question is if the if the marketing team will put as much effort in the marketing as they would if they actually liked the name.

I ask if windjc is willing to make the marketing campaign with the name Boolberry like with Rune or other voted names with the same enthusiasm?

When yes, we should try to make it with Boolberry.

There are two disadvantages with the 'one-BBR one-vote election' plan.

1) without refunds, the losing voters are forced to pay to support a brand they explicitly do not support (which discourages/penalizes participation)
2) there is no incentive for the winning vote block to contribute more than the 1 BBR needed to secure victory over the 2nd place opponent

An auction for naming rights would maximize funds raised, and force only the winners to pay for their choice.

I fully support a BBR vs Rune fundraiser auction - it's the optimal solution for our self-imposed predicament.

I totally agree, put your money where you mouth is, the whole idea of a renaming the currency is to help it thrive. If BBR or Rune does that is the perfect way to decide.
But what about the people who have threatened to dump BBR upon a rebrand? I read somewhere that it is some sort of a silver currency and any attempt to become something else will be met fiercely. I really don't understand this community. Are you guys trying to be something you are not? Why can't you stay grounded all your life?

Anybody with so little regard for this coin, is not worth worrying about.

1) without refunds, the losing voters are forced to pay to support a brand they explicitly do not support (which discourages/penalizes participation)
2) there is no incentive for the winning vote block to contribute more than the 1 BBR needed to secure victory over the 2nd place opponent

An auction for naming rights would maximize funds raised, and force only the winners to pay for their choice.

I fully support a BBR vs Rune fundraiser auction - it's the optimal solution for our self-imposed predicament.

1) But without refunds voters are forced to put their money where their mouth is. No refunds will likely weed out mischievous votes.

2) The count is not done until the end of voting then tactical bidding cannot occur.

Well, I won't waste your time answering your questions then......  Huh
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

I say fu*k poll for a name! Core team just steer this ship, there is no point in sailing in circles over this. Please make decision over a name and do the more important thing - start the marketing. Me personally like hornyPo's suggestion, change the name and keep the ticker BBR for the reason he said, or what ever you find easiest to market. The tech will speek for it self.

keep the ticker BBR have the benefit thats the history chart don´t get lost in the exchanges.

Even if it sound undemocratic, i think a vote take only the current opinion, and that dos not mean that it is the best option for the future.

Because all what sussex said about the name Boolberry i fully agree. These are very good arguments!

Then another question is if the if the marketing team will put as much effort in the marketing as they would if they actually liked the name.

I ask if windjc is willing to make the marketing campaign with the name Boolberry like with Rune or other voted names with the same enthusiasm?

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

Activity: 585
Appears that BCX's claim of a CN killer exploit is confirmed (allegedly)....

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/delete-789978

CZ or any of the devs keeping a close eye on this?

Edit: Or is this all just one big scam?
Activity: 209

Another question is if the funds raised would be significant enough to live with a bad name.

Honestly, i think that not that much ppl know what D&D is as some of you think

We agree in most of things, i'm just pointing out that there are more important things than the name change.

Yes there are, so why are we changing it?

It would be a shame to throw a potential jewel of a name out on a whim, it does deserve debate.

Would you agree on voting just between Boolberry and Rune?

Yes, but I do think that if we are going to do a vote we prolly ought to make the most out of it and consider all options - someone may come up with something truly genius.
We agree in most of things, i'm just pointing out that there are more important things than the name change.

It would be a shame to throw a potential jewel of a name out on a whim, it does deserve debate.

Yes, but I do think that if we are going to do a vote we prolly ought to make the most out of it and consider all options - someone may come up with something truly genius.

[ is there a single successful project which is fully democratic or successful projects always have at least some amount of autocracy?

Probably not, but autocracy should be kept in check, much like shareholders should do with their CEO.

The essential problem here is that 60% of the community were denied their voice. The moment the change was announced it was met with unhappy responses which were derided with that tired, old and almost always wrongful accusation of shilling.

The first vote should have been whether to hand complete control of the branding to windjc in the first place. If the vote gave him that control he could then continue as he sees fit without a murmur from me or many others. Other coins have laid all this kind of stuff out in papers designed to fend off trouble further up the road. Maybe BBR should do this? The more successful the coin the more disagreement there is going to be.

I am not a shill, I rarely get this vocal about things, but I happen to think that CZ stumbled on a very, very good name those few months ago - it has many, many positives and few, if any, negatives. I believe that people will grow to like the name and it could become synonymous with an ethic and product - big corporations dream of achieving that and we could have it here by happy accident.

I would abide by any vote, even one that meant I would lose influence, as long as it was a fair and open vote - I would have no choice.

On the other hand, whilst a very significant section of the community is excluded, I have every right to complain.
[ is there a single successful project which is fully democratic or successful projects always have at least some amount of autocracy?

Probably not, but autocracy should be kept in check, much like shareholders should do with their CEO.

The essential problem here is that 60% of the community were denied their voice. The moment the change was announced it was met with unhappy responses which were derided with that tired, old and almost always wrongful accusation of shilling.

The first vote should have been whether to hand complete control of the branding to windjc in the first place. If the vote gave him that control he could then continue as he sees fit without a murmur from me or many others. Other coins have laid all this kind of stuff out in papers designed to fend off trouble further up the road. Maybe BBR should do this? The more successful the coin the more disagreement there is going to be.

I am not a shill, I rarely get this vocal about things, but I happen to think that CZ stumbled on a very, very good name those few months ago - it has many, many positives and few, if any, negatives. I believe that people will grow to like the name and it could become synonymous with an ethic and product - big corporations dream of achieving that and we could have it here by happy accident.

I would abide by any vote, even one that meant I would lose influence, as long as it was a fair and open vote - I would have no choice.

On the other hand, whilst a very significant section of the community is excluded, I have every reason to complain.
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
Pinky i'm not completely convinced that paying for adding a name that can be voted after by paying is the best idea if the voting is done anonymously (exclusively by paying). It just may be rather cheep way for a malicious player to hurt the BBR

I was joking about this, it's not fair since we could "vote" with as much money as we could find, because actually we send money to ourselves.

So i wasn't serious about that Wink

you can always keep calling it Boolberry to yourself. as others have said the tech is what matters to most people here, so then why this controversy over the name?

(and keep BBR)

Boolberry Branded as Rune

And the problem is solved  Wink

I agree with James, important thing is that the official team like the name as they are putting more time into this than others (unless they are doing something obviously wrong, and they are not. both Boolberry and Rune are good names). Rest of us are here mainly because the tech anyways.

One thing that no one here answered, is there a single successful project which is fully democratic or successful projects always have at least some amount of autocracy? Democracy is fine but it takes forever to converge if the system itself is not perfect! The core team proved that it is willing to listen to supporters. Now please, zoidberg and the rest of the core team, steer this ship away from the name change and let us move on
Pinky i'm not completely convinced that paying for adding a name that can be voted after by paying is the best idea if the voting is done anonymously (exclusively by paying). It just may be rather cheep way for a malicious player to hurt the BBR

can i suggest an open vote donation based ?

address 1: bbr
address 2-3-4etc: rune and other bs

1bbr to enter the vote; bbr goes to dev.

i like this idea!
Than we solve two problems: fund rising and voting Wink

Where you been zoidberg?  Grin

I like this idea also, how would the names for the poll be chosen?

I also think the result should be set in stone for some period of time, perhaps two or three years, we don't need this kind of distraction on a regular basis.

Don't forget this:

I would add to your solution 100-1000 BBR introduction fee per every name going to be listed (fee for BBR not aplicable as this is current name) in order not to get spammed and seriousness of proponents.

Or fighting on forums is your work...? Wink

Lol, everyone is so suspicious.......
Jump to: