Pages:
Author

Topic: Be careful with fake exchanges - page 26. (Read 15833 times)

Activity: 1358
Merit: 538
dont be greedy
September 13, 2018, 01:24:03 AM
For those of you traders, please be careful with fake exchanges, because I found a VERY SAME exchange that makes no difference at all like the exchange on EtherDelta, the fake exchange link that I saw I got from my Gmail inbox, which message it was contains about giving tokens like AIRDROP, and there I am given a registration form link and in the form there is a fake EtherDelta link, and this is the link http://EtherDelta.website, and this is the original EtherDelta link https://etherdelta.com/. There is no difference at all in the two exchanges, the images, features and others are exactly the same, so please be careful.

Secure your private key, secure your wallet, do not easily believe things that invite you to get rich instantly, do not easily trust advertisements, because crime is not just at one door, who knows there are many other fake exchanges, therefore be careful.
thank you for reminding, now the crypto world is in a security crisis, to send and receive ERC20 tokens, I recommend you to use MetaMask, in order to detect scam websites
with MetaMask too, we can minimize the occurrence of hacking private keys
Activity: 980
Merit: 294
September 13, 2018, 01:15:04 AM
For those of you traders, please be careful with fake exchanges, because I found a VERY SAME exchange that makes no difference at all like the exchange on EtherDelta, the fake exchange link that I saw I got from my Gmail inbox, which message it was contains about giving tokens like AIRDROP,
The thing is don't easily click any links sent in email and always check the url even it seems the same. Don't get fooled by airdrops or any give aways.

Thanks for this, when you are not sure of the correct exchange address, I recommend you use the coinmarketcap.com by searching out the token if already listed on CMC and clicking market, the various exchanges the token is been traded will show up, from here, you can click on the market pair, it takes you directly to the exchange. It's dangerous to use the google in trying to find the real address.
This is also a good point since when you try to google some exchange sites a lot of fake websites appear and if you're first timer you might click on those. So this can also be consider aside from bookmarking the sites.
Activity: 530
Merit: 250
September 13, 2018, 12:48:58 AM
For those of you traders, please be careful with fake exchanges, because I found a VERY SAME exchange that makes no difference at all like the exchange on EtherDelta, the fake exchange link that I saw I got from my Gmail inbox, which message it was contains about giving tokens like AIRDROP, and there I am given a registration form link and in the form there is a fake EtherDelta link, and this is the link http://EtherDelta.website, and this is the original EtherDelta link https://etherdelta.com/. There is no difference at all in the two exchanges, the images, features and others are exactly the same, so please be careful.

Secure your private key, secure your wallet, do not easily believe things that invite you to get rich instantly, do not easily trust advertisements, because crime is not just at one door, who knows there are many other fake exchanges, therefore be careful.

this is already familiar to me, I've also got links like this, which makes me lose a lot of tokens, learn from mistakes if there is an incoming email ask that information to the exchange party (contact customer service), and ask your friend who has long time in the world of bitcoin, hackers attack everywhere, increase your own security
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
September 13, 2018, 12:43:24 AM
Currently there are some fake exchanges and people need to be careful, only select reputable exchanges and check carefully before the transaction, there are some people have suffered and suffered damage.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 110
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
September 13, 2018, 12:39:30 AM
An advise for you my friend when you have already found the real exchange that you want to use. Bookmark the page and you will be safe nex time you use the exchange. Another is if you are searching on a search engine then you should probably ignore the ones with ads. You carefully check the sites you are clicking. If you are not sure enough to click a site, be sure use a scanner for it will show when the site has malware installed on them. I use virustotal, I don't know if there are some others.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
https://i.imgur.com/BBmstUL.jpg
September 13, 2018, 12:29:19 AM
I got dozens of those emails in my inbox too ,what I want to ask is how did they know my email?is this through filling up forms and registering for airdrops? Because its getting too much .I don't use new exchanges because of scam artists ,I only use old exchanges.

This is what happened and we have to be more careful with everything that comes in our e-mail, don't let your guard down to give important things to others via e-mail.
For counterfeit exchanges we must be more vigilant and be careful, researching carefully so as not to be deceived. Prevent is better than already plunging.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
September 13, 2018, 12:09:11 AM
I got dozens of those emails in my inbox too ,what I want to ask is how did they know my email?is this through filling up forms and registering for airdrops? Because its getting too much .I don't use new exchanges because of scam artists ,I only use old exchanges.

That's true, they got your email from filled forms. That's why it is recommended to make new email account primarily for these purposes.
Activity: 126
September 12, 2018, 11:52:22 PM
Thanks for this, when you are not sure of the correct exchange address, I recommend you use the coinmarketcap.com by searching out the token if already listed on CMC and clicking market, the various exchanges the token is been traded will show up, from here, you can click on the market pair, it takes you directly to the exchange. It's dangerous to use the google in trying to find the real address.
Activity: 952
Merit: 107
September 12, 2018, 11:36:23 PM
Good to used the trusted one, the so called old one because it is been tested for long run. Do not believe for emails that offers good because that will not give security for your account but became a way to get access by everyone. Scam people and sites are everywhere waiting for someone to get on the trap. Make secure the account where you keep good value coins. Be safe.
Activity: 154
September 12, 2018, 11:21:46 PM
This is a good asking about fake exchanges and I am so interested on how is it to identify the fake changes because it is very worst from all the members will be victimized this kind of illegal exchanges and I am hoping it will be caught and stop this kind of operation.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
September 12, 2018, 10:41:37 PM
The link is obviously a phishing site that could have obtained your log in and password details unknowingly leading to stealing your tokens completely, this is becoming rampant in cryptocurrencies especially users of MEW are usually prone to such activities of hackers we have to be extraordinary careful when dealing with exchanges.
Activity: 230
Merit: 22
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
September 12, 2018, 10:30:24 PM
that is why i always say to others especially to cryptocurrency beginners that your wallets will only be safe depending on how you secure it.
we cannot blame anyone if our assets are loss due to our own mistakes.
we must be careful in every step that we make.
it is only us that can keep our wallets safe
Activity: 119
Merit: 1
September 12, 2018, 09:24:37 PM

It is commonly shared and announced by the team developer in each ICOs, they commonly say as you mention. Because the secure of our wallet and other information about our accounts should not be shared, moreover the private key. As I know, the manager or the team will never chat or treat personally, or the exchange information will not be in personal. Therefore , be careful when we got inbox email, or even it is better to ignore it.
Activity: 84
September 12, 2018, 09:22:51 PM
crypto world is indeed a lot of benefits, but we also will not be able to avoid the negative effects, as well as data theft carried out by criminal humans in the digital world, as well as possible we must be careful .
Activity: 322
Merit: 20
Donating 10% to charity
September 12, 2018, 08:46:02 PM
It's impressive the amount of different things some people create to try to scam others for Cryptocurrency. The amount of creativity of huge.

I personally don't know how someone decides to trade through a totally unknown exchange, especially if their offer is too good to be true. Why not staying with the mail ones who already know?

The truth is that if you're going through a dangerous place, you better be prepared.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
September 12, 2018, 08:41:20 PM
For every Phishing website out there that are trying to scam out people, they have this almost the same name of a specific website that they are trying to imitate but there's still a bit difference from the original one but sadly most of the victims are these new people because they are easily baited for not checking what is necessary, the exact URL.

Since I started using different kinds of cryptocurrency exchanges I've never been scam or lose a single coin for some phishing site because I'm double or even triple checking the right URL, it involves real money so if you are too lazy on checking the do's and dont's of crypto exchanges then you will eventually lose something.
It's better to bookmark the exchange and not to open it with any url links that you are not sure, most of the time those who been scammed by this fake site are those who didn't checked closer, we should understand that every scammers / hackers will do their best in order penetrate with someones accounts, we need to due diligence protecting our hard earned investment.
Activity: 38
September 12, 2018, 08:19:00 PM
Before you have exchanges or transactions to someone know first their background,ratings and something suspicious. In that case you will identify if its a scam or not.Make sure that your exchanger are legit and can be trusted that i mention in the first.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 390
September 12, 2018, 08:09:19 PM
For every Phishing website out there that are trying to scam out people, they have this almost the same name of a specific website that they are trying to imitate but there's still a bit difference from the original one but sadly most of the victims are these new people because they are easily baited for not checking what is necessary, the exact URL.

Since I started using different kinds of cryptocurrency exchanges I've never been scam or lose a single coin for some phishing site because I'm double or even triple checking the right URL, it involves real money so if you are too lazy on checking the do's and dont's of crypto exchanges then you will eventually lose something.
Activity: 314
Merit: 1
September 12, 2018, 07:57:38 PM
You are very right that most exchange site are scams and fake. They are in to steal our money. It is high time we became vigilante about this fake site. But some of the sites are very trusted like etherdelta, binance and the likes.
Activity: 554
Merit: 100
September 12, 2018, 07:02:09 PM
Right many of exchange was scam so be careful on what you are joining wait the manager of that coin announce where and when the exchange happen because i observe that of  those who want to scam that saying here is the list of exchange including Etherdelta but we thankful to the manager and the coin adviser that this exchange was not legit so that always be careful and be watchful on the legit exchange.
Pages:
Jump to: