Pages:
Author

Topic: be ware of the airdrop forms - page 4. (Read 1812 times)

Activity: 218
Merit: 0
August 06, 2019, 02:13:18 AM
Scammed people or project sell bounty hunters mail.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
August 06, 2019, 02:07:15 AM
Not all airdrops are scams, back in 2017-2018 there was many which were actually pretty succesful.  You just need to be smart about it.

For one, if this is an ERC20 airdrop, then use a unique ETH address for privacy reasons. Some ask for usernames and emails and passwords, just make sure those are all unique.

Never download any software or go to any website which forces you to download software.
Activity: 854
Merit: 10
August 06, 2019, 02:04:21 AM
Yes, right. because many of the airdrop forms are aimed at deception. besides that also due to this fraud, will cause negative trust in our account. so be careful if you meet with airdrop form.
Activity: 58
Merit: 1
August 06, 2019, 01:51:40 AM
guys be aware of the airdrop forms that you fill up in here , i filled out a few forms yesterday and i started receiving scam emails on that email address.

Yes that's right, I do not know why people like the airdrops although it is useless and the rewards has no great value and is rare to find an honest airdrop, Most are just a scam and It's a waste of time, If you want to participate in Airdrop, you must put an email other than your official email, Leave your official email for important messages only without sharing this email in the Airdrop form, As for the other mail i advise you not to open messages asking you to put your private key or install an add-on browser or download something and block the scam emails that sent you messages to prevent them from sending you other messages again.
Most airdrops are scam no doubt but there are still very good old project doing airdrops,instead of not joining any airdrops i always check airdrops list to see if there is old project airdrop available,some projects are already trading for example stratis airdrop is still on today and im sure you know how good the project is?this are the type of airdrops i like joining
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1492
August 06, 2019, 01:31:03 AM
guys be aware of the airdrop forms that you fill up in here , i filled out a few forms yesterday and i started receiving scam emails on that email address.

Yes that's right, I do not know why people like the airdrops although it is useless and the rewards has no great value and is rare to find an honest airdrop, Most are just a scam and It's a waste of time, If you want to participate in Airdrop, you must put an email other than your official email, Leave your official email for important messages only without sharing this email in the Airdrop form, As for the other mail i advise you not to open messages asking you to put your private key or install an add-on browser or download something and block the scam emails that sent you messages to prevent them from sending you other messages again.
Activity: 178
August 06, 2019, 12:22:14 AM
yeah right they made use of that I participated in airdrop by filling out forms and I always received emails from them of course it disturbed me, don't do kyc because it's dangerous if they ask to send eth don't do it because airdrop is completely free.
Activity: 213
Merit: 103
August 05, 2019, 09:01:44 PM
It is advisable to use a dedicated email address and not a personal email in joining airdrops so you won't get a lot of spam messages. I think it is very common knowledge nowadays that if you let your email exposed to everyone through the internet, you'll get a chain of messages promoting the product of different companies and in the crypto world that's one way of promotion. I even get a lot of promotions via my message Inbox here in Bitcointalk through PM. It is a challenge to do free marketing and promotion nowadays  Roll Eyes
Activity: 1176
Merit: 104
August 05, 2019, 08:21:28 PM
Do you think that sone airdrop are totally free? If so,  you are wrong. See, emails are good or actually perfect for marketing thats why they can sell it to companies or even scammers who will send link for offers or anything that can get information from you. Thats how it works thats why you have to be careful in getting free tokens/coins.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
August 05, 2019, 09:39:57 AM

That is why I used a separate dummy email for airdrops. When you provided them your email address you will start receiving enormous amount of spam and phishing emails you. They try if they can fool someone and gain access over their private accounts and informations.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1815
Rollbit.com | Crypto Futures
August 05, 2019, 08:48:56 AM
This has happened to me, too. I specifically started a separate Inbox for these emails. But all would be well but they clog up the necessary information.
usually if an email that is not known in the form of airdrop will go into spam, but if it goes to the main email you can mark it as spam so as not to close other important emails. I often get strange emails after filling in the airdrop form with emails that are publicly displayed
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
August 05, 2019, 08:36:23 AM

I fully agree with your opinion, since last year I was a very active participant of Airdrops and earned more spam than assets.
That's how bad the situations right now regarding to those projects who offered airdrops, people are been easily moved by this free opportunities but forget about the reality, there's more spam nowadays than receiving real assets to be hold inside your wallet, and in addition to that if you provide your email then spam messages will also comes from time to time.
Activity: 941
Merit: 100
August 05, 2019, 08:23:54 AM
Airdrop forms are usually used by many people for crime and currently many airdrops are like that, they promise to give tokens or coins when filling the airdrop form but many are fake and many are fooled.
be careful with airdrops, especially those who ask KYC to follow their airdrops. many scams everywhere and they can get our data for negative activities.
Activity: 812
Merit: 503
August 05, 2019, 06:48:38 AM
Some airdrop forms from scammers just get your personal information to fast track their scam activities. They might even ask you to register on a website, then try to use you login details on various exchanges or try to see if it's same login details for your email which when accessed can be disastrous. Please don't click any links sent to your email, you should know they are from scammers. These same scammers also get emails from bounty spreadsheet aside airdrop forms.
Activity: 560
Merit: 105
August 05, 2019, 06:34:09 AM

I fully agree with your opinion, since last year I was a very active participant of Airdrops and earned more spam than assets.
Activity: 254
Merit: 10
Streamies Rocks!!!!
July 30, 2019, 06:48:30 PM
Yes, one should ensure to verify the authenticity of any airdrop before participating in it. Many airdrops are conductor d for the sole purpose of personal information harvesting. In order to protect oneself against such, one should use only verified airdrop platforms in finding airdrops.
copper member
Activity: 210
July 30, 2019, 06:34:26 PM
Most of the airdrop forms promote fake project allowing participants to expose their email addresses and start receiving a spam messages.  I don't participate in an airdrop form expect i can confirm the authentication.
Activity: 980
Merit: 253
July 30, 2019, 06:34:01 PM
That is very true. Mostly, those that we fill on telegram with our email addresses are the major part that we have to take notice of. It is easy to fill your email address but we don't think about how these guys will spam our mails when they get them. And the worse of it all is that the mails are very tempting that they may lead you to open a phishing site for your private keys
Activity: 1218
Merit: 500
July 30, 2019, 06:04:32 PM
Airdrops can be used just for fun. In very rare cases you can gain a real money from them, but it can happen
Activity: 994
Merit: 100
July 30, 2019, 06:04:22 PM
never use e-mail related to anything and don't click on any e-mail in e-mail, ask the team in the telegram first, do they really send e-mail or not
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 30, 2019, 05:59:18 PM
At this moment most of the airdrops are not good. I am in this market for a long time and I am saying from my personal experience that most of this airdrops are not legit. Some of them are scam sold your data to other places. So it's not worthy to waste your time in this things. Very very few airdrops are legit but that also lost price most of the time when they enter market. So don't waste your valuable time in this thing.
Pages:
Jump to: