Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin debit card - page 17. (Read 293836 times)

Activity: 388
Merit: 250
January 31, 2017, 04:13:08 PM
Here is an example. Screenshots are taken 10 seconds apart.

What your rate shows

What it shows when I enter my account. It's also how much I can get on my card.

Isn't this misleading?

It isn't. This difference you see is normal. On Wirex, there are two exchange rates: One for buying bitcoins and one for loading the card. The "Buying Bitcoin" rate is higher than one for Loading Bitcoins. But other than that, What you see is what you get. There are no fees for loading your card or Buying Bitcoins in Wirex / E-Coin.

Thanks for the reply. I currently use your service for the virtual card. Just a little advice, if you want to stay competitive on the market you should consider revising your exchange rates because 3% lower exchange rate is rather large fee to pay when loading the card. If I were to order physical card I would probably switch from you to xapo.

Interesting point. I will pass it to the management team
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
January 31, 2017, 02:02:16 PM

What your rate shows
https://i.imgur.com/2eOBNfv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dAmwkTm.jpg

Isn't this misleading?

It isn't. This difference you see is normal. On Wirex, there are two exchange rates: One for buying bitcoins and one for loading the card. The "Buying Bitcoin" rate is higher than one for Loading Bitcoins. But other than that, What you see is what you get. There are no fees for loading your card or Buying Bitcoins in Wirex / E-Coin.

Thanks for the reply. I currently use your service for the virtual card. Just a little advice, if you want to stay competitive on the market you should consider revising your exchange rates because 3% lower exchange rate is rather large fee to pay when loading the card. If I were to order physical card I would probably switch from you to xapo.
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
January 31, 2017, 01:09:41 PM

What your rate shows

Isn't this misleading?

January 31, 2017, 11:57:41 AM

What your rate shows
https://i.imgur.com/2eOBNfv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dAmwkTm.jpg

Isn't this misleading?
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
January 30, 2017, 08:14:04 PM
Why do you guy use worse exchange rate in your wallet than other wallets and other than what your site shows?

For instance I sent 197$ worth of btc from my blockchain wallet and in my ecoin account it is only worth 191$ and if I try to load the card it's worth something around 189$. Live rate at e-coin.io shows it's worth 197$ now. So basicaly I am losing 4-5% of my money when loading the card.

Is this your fee or?

Yes, they are playing with an exchange rate. Actually they are one of the most expensive ways to withdraw bitcoin. I have made a comparison last week:

XapoWirexCryptopaySpectrocoinUquidAdvcash
USD for 1 BTC911.38889.62883.85906.7907.59898.33
Margin from Bitstamp rate0.61%2.99%3.61%1.12%1.03%2.04%
Price and maintance of physical card for one year (in USD)2029272128.9914.99
Loading fee0%0%1%0%1%1USD
Final amount for 1 BTC (in USD)891.38860.62848.01885.70874.06882.34

The Bitstamp rate was 917.00 at the time of calculation.

So I would recommend you to use xapo or spectrocoin as it seems they have much better rate and fees structure
January 30, 2017, 07:10:22 PM
Why do you guy use worse exchange rate in your wallet than other wallets and other than what your site shows?

For instance I sent 197$ worth of btc from my blockchain wallet and in my ecoin account it is only worth 191$ and if I try to load the card it's worth something around 189$. Live rate at e-coin.io shows it's worth 197$ now. So basicaly I am losing 4-5% of my money when loading the card.

Is this your fee or?
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
January 30, 2017, 07:41:42 AM
Well, thank you very much for your replies.
Seems that is one of the best options you have to cash out some of your bitcoins. an of course all the alts you may have.
Very good card to have when you are going to travel to many different countries. i don't know yet the rate on conversion etc but i will search their website i think i will find the answer on that.

the rate of conversion, if you use the card in a different currency, is the Visa/MasterCard official rate (can be found on their websites)) +3% charged by Visa/MasterCard and issuing bank
January 30, 2017, 07:39:03 AM
Why is UK ATM limited to only £160 per transaction?

That's the limit for unverified accounts, indeed. It's not us who sets them, but regulators.

If you get the account verified, this will increase to £800 per transaction (£1,600 per day) with no monthly/yearly/lifetime limit
legendary
Activity: 1124
Merit: 1000
13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X
January 29, 2017, 07:49:15 AM
Well, thank you very much for your replies.
Seems that is one of the best options you have to cash out some of your bitcoins. an of course all the alts you may have.
Very good card to have when you are going to travel to many different countries. i don't know yet the rate on conversion etc but i will search their website i think i will find the answer on that.
Activity: 56
January 28, 2017, 06:54:55 PM
Why is UK ATM limited to only £160 per transaction?
January 28, 2017, 04:55:32 PM
Sorry for asking again but your answer i can take it for joke and for real also...
So better know for sure what you mean Smiley

You mean if i put inside 10 BTC i can withdraw all in cash from ATM?? there is no daily limit or something ?

i never heard a card working like that...

It's all in help, mate:
https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/207870815-Wirex-card-limits#verified

If your card is verified, you can withdraw up to 2.000 euros per day (1.000 euros per transaction) - subject to the actual bank's ATM allowing such amounts. And there is no lifetime limit
January 28, 2017, 04:52:45 PM
i'm having a question regarding the cards limit on withdrawal for Greece. There is a limit every week on the money you can withdraw from ATM.
With this card applies the same? Or you can withdraw as many as you have available?

not from our side.
have you checked with the bank operating the ATM?
January 28, 2017, 04:51:01 PM
E=coin/Wirex really need to get this loading/tranfer issue sorted out properly and for good. It totally defeats the purpose of a card if you cant be sure things are going to work as they should when you need to use it!!

I checked my email just now, they assigned me a representative 6 hours ago to the ticket I made. Guess what? My 0.17 btc still Pending  Roll Eyes

can I have your support ticket number and/or registered e-mail, please?

I've posted it in the previous page, sent you pm just now as well. Hopefully you will fix the transaction for pending for so many days.  Huh

that was neither your e-mail, nor the ticket number. Managed to identify the transaction, but you clearly haven't made it easy..

Will have support check it and revert...
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
January 28, 2017, 03:55:55 PM
Sorry for asking again but your answer i can take it for joke and for real also...

You mean if i put inside 10 BTC i can withdraw all in cash from ATM?? there is no daily limit or something ?

Limits are from wirex per day, not because capital controls....
legendary
January 28, 2017, 03:15:33 PM

Activity: 294
Merit: 101
January 28, 2017, 03:09:35 PM
i'm having a question regarding the cards limit on withdrawal for Greece. There is a limit every week on the money you can withdraw from ATM.
With this card applies the same? Or you can withdraw as many as you have available?

These cards have no limits ...
legendary
January 28, 2017, 02:56:21 PM
January 28, 2017, 02:53:18 PM
E=coin/Wirex really need to get this loading/tranfer issue sorted out properly and for good. It totally defeats the purpose of a card if you cant be sure things are going to work as they should when you need to use it!!

I checked my email just now, they assigned me a representative 6 hours ago to the ticket I made. Guess what? My 0.17 btc still Pending  Roll Eyes

can I have your support ticket number and/or registered e-mail, please?

I've posted it in the previous page, sent you pm just now as well. Hopefully you will fix the transaction for pending for so many days.  Huh
January 28, 2017, 12:48:40 PM
load stuck pending again, pls fix # 1699458 @[email protected]

should be fixed, please, check the reply from support
January 28, 2017, 12:48:10 PM
Hi, as I understood you are changing your website on https://wirexapp.com. What is recommended to register on the old site or new? If I'm interested in virtual unverified card - can I receive funds on my card from the 3rd party (other wallet from other person who wants to transfer money on this card) without problem and without verification? I couldn't find information about this. Also if the transfer is in rubles the card will exchange it on internal  rate or it is preferred to send money in the same currency as the card? Thanks

replied to your PM.

In short, only BTC card loads are allowed for unverified cards these days - since our bank changed the rules a few months ago
Pages:
Jump to: