Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin debit card - page 40. (Read 293872 times)

legendary
Activity: 1323
Merit: 1000
September 13, 2016, 10:05:59 PM

Those are the looks of the Fees, I don't quite understand about this. I just withdraw 3 times from my card, but these are the fees I've to pay
3.50+1.15+3.50+2.26+3.50+0.33 = 14.24 USD

It just seems too much for me Sad

looking at the list, $3.50 is the International ATM withdrawal fee (when you withdraw cash in a currency different from the currency of the card). Plus, there is a 3% commission that MasterCard/Visa charge for the currency conversion.

Does this sum up, according to your calculations?

Both these fees are clearly listed in the fees page mentioned above, albeit, they are not charged by Wirex/E-Coin, but the issuing bank and Visa/MasterCard themselves.

In my opinion it looks like withdrawal was made in foreign (not as on debit card is written) currency. When i used my EURO bitcoin debit card and i withdraw other currency from ATM it was this same.. Sorry, but rules are rules..
At the beginning I was upset as you, but if you do not want to pay commissions and other stupid things you have to wait for someone who will create a similar service in your country! .. Do not wait! Be the first! Wink
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
September 05, 2016, 10:14:53 AM

Those are the looks of the Fees, I don't quite understand about this. I just withdraw 3 times from my card, but these are the fees I've to pay

looking at the list, $3.50 is the International ATM withdrawal fee (when you withdraw cash in a currency different from the currency of the card). Plus, there is a 3% commission that MasterCard/Visa charge for the currency conversion.

Does this sum up, according to your calculations?

Both these fees are clearly listed in the fees page mentioned above, albeit, they are not charged by Wirex/E-Coin, but the issuing bank and Visa/MasterCard themselves.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
September 05, 2016, 08:25:18 AM
@Jeremycoin , As far as I know there isn't , and according to them , only fees there is are available on this page : https://www.e-coin.io/bitcoin-debit-card-fees-and-limits (with no hidden fees) but even If there is , you should be able to see them in the "USD" (or whatever currency you have) tab in your account.
As for your second problem , I had this issue a few weeks ago but It was a technical issue from their part (maintenance) and It got fixed. (It's working fine for me right now)

September 05, 2016, 07:50:41 AM
Thank you for your tremendous patience.

Both the mobile app and web version are back to normal now. 

We are very sorry for any inconveniences caused by the unplanned maintenance.

Our support team are currently working hard to reply to all your emails and requests. Please, feel free to email us at [email protected] if you faced any issues during the outage time or have any questions.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
September 05, 2016, 05:51:36 AM
Hey,

I can't see my cards with funds... what's happening?

Please send an email to your users when you are updating your system and things like this happen, you'll cause unnecessary worries for some people.
Activity: 114
Merit: 11
September 05, 2016, 05:18:26 AM
Still maintenance? I want to activate my GBP card right now  Grin
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
September 05, 2016, 04:06:48 AM
@Jeremycoin , As far as I know there isn't , and according to them , only fees there is are available on this page : https://www.e-coin.io/bitcoin-debit-card-fees-and-limits (with no hidden fees) but even If there is , you should be able to see them in the "USD" (or whatever currency you have) tab in your account.
As for your second problem , I had this issue a few weeks ago but It was a technical issue from their part (maintenance) and It got fixed. (It's working fine for me right now)
legendary
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
September 04, 2016, 05:29:43 PM
Is there any fee for just checking the balance on a local ATM? Because I think I just lost a lot of money because of the fees.

By the way, is there any problem with the website? I can't see my Virtual & Plastic Card there
September 04, 2016, 10:12:32 AM
Wirex mobile app is currently undergoing some unplanned updates and hot fixes. We expect the app to be fully available for use again by Monday and will keep you updated on the progress.

In the meantime, please use the web version of the service at https://e-coin.io which is running as normal.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience and understanding. You may contact us at  [email protected] if you have any questions.
September 03, 2016, 12:41:34 PM
Here is a question.  When is the rate figured?  Is the FIAT to BTC or vice versa calculated the moment that the deposit is made or when the withdrawal is made?  Does the balance flucuate over time based on the current exchange rate?

As far as I know , It's when the Load of the card is made. When you deposit funds using Bitcoin they stay in your account (as bitcoins) but once you load the card they become USD (the exchange rate is done real time I suppose). (Keep in mind that deposit transaction using Bitcoin will only show after having 3 confirmations in the blockchain)

In other words, let us say that I deposited 1 BTC two years back, when the rate was $250 and left it in there until today.  Now, I go to make the ATM withdrawal, do I get $250 available or $550?

if you had deposited 1 BTC two years back, it would remain in your wallet in BTC. If you decided to load those BTC to your card now, you would get the current USD/BTC exchange rate - at the time when you select to load your card, i.e., $550 or whatever the current exchange rate is.

Furthermore, if you have USD in your card and feel that BTC is going to rally, you can buy BTC using your USD balance (again, at the current rate, which, by the way, is very good compared to most services), and thus benefit from the increase in BTC value.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 03, 2016, 11:50:12 AM
I would like to know if this bitcoin debit card is able to verify paypal account, and if it is possible, what is the right procedure?

Yes.
https://wirexapp.com/blog/how-to-verify-paypal-account-wirex/

Cool, thanks for the reply. I'll take a look at this to see if it works.
staff
September 03, 2016, 10:30:00 AM
Here is a question.  When is the rate figured?  Is the FIAT to BTC or vice versa calculated the moment that the deposit is made or when the withdrawal is made?  Does the balance flucuate over time based on the current exchange rate?

As far as I know , It's when the Load of the card is made. When you deposit funds using Bitcoin they stay in your account (as bitcoins) but once you load the card they become USD (the exchange rate is done real time I suppose). (Keep in mind that deposit transaction using Bitcoin will only show after having 3 confirmations in the blockchain)

In other words, let us say that I deposited 1 BTC two years back, when the rate was $250 and left it in there until today.  Now, I go to make the ATM withdrawal, do I get $250 available or $550?

You won't get anything since the balance of the card is 0$.
BTC balance is not card balance ,you have to first deposit the Bitcoin into the account (1 BTC = 1 BTC) , when you "Load the card" , It's there when the price transform to USD and goes to the card . When you are loading the card from the BTC balance to the CARD (USD) , the rate will change in real time. (means 1 BTC will give you whatever the equivalent is , in that moment ). But once the card is loaded , there is no going back, the balance won't change at all !
Activity: 602
September 03, 2016, 10:23:43 AM
Here is a question.  When is the rate figured?  Is the FIAT to BTC or vice versa calculated the moment that the deposit is made or when the withdrawal is made?  Does the balance flucuate over time based on the current exchange rate?

In other words, let us say that I deposited 1 BTC two years back, when the rate was $250 and left it in there until today.  Now, I go to make the ATM withdrawal, do I get $250 available or $550?
legendary
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
September 03, 2016, 09:06:45 AM
I got some kind of problem with my card, so yesterday I made an approximately 34$ of withdrawal on local ATM. And the day after it which is today I made 75$ of withdrawal, but then after I tried to withdraw it again, not a long time after that it says that I have reached the maximum amount for today.
Is there any maximum amount of withdrawal in a day?
September 03, 2016, 04:15:15 AM

that is correct - the conversion is made at the time and at the rate when you choose to load your card.

As for the deposit, indeed, we require 3 confirmations from the blockchain. However, if you are using a wallet supporting BitGo instant, you deposit will show up in Wirex/E-Coin system instantly.

If your question was about fiat to BTC, i.e., buying bitcoin via Wirex/E-Coin, same - the exchange rate is calculated at the time when you make the purchase
staff
September 03, 2016, 03:32:35 AM

Activity: 602
September 03, 2016, 01:45:19 AM
September 02, 2016, 02:50:36 PM
I would like to know if this bitcoin debit card is able to verify paypal account, and if it is possible, what is the right procedure?

Yes.
https://wirexapp.com/blog/how-to-verify-paypal-account-wirex/
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 02, 2016, 01:53:27 PM
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
August 30, 2016, 07:38:16 AM
//sorted out:)
Pages:
Jump to: