Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly" - page 11. (Read 108494 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Guys please don't quite the 9 previous messages, it makes the thread impossible to read Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
The 135-chip S7 probably loses 60-100W to the regulators. After that, the fans probably burn another 30-50W depending on speed. Give about 5W to the controller.

There was talk shortly after the S7 was released that Bitmain was starting 16nm dev.

For reference each 12038 loads at ~1.9A at 4000rpm, making each fan up to 23W.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

his words   -----   "I can't tell you details about them, you will have to wait until Bitmain releases them officially"

no help at all for the little guys haha. i think we can safely guess 0.1SOMETHING watt (0.16 my guess) and def 16mn process.
after that, i'm not as versed on their patterns of builds, so someone else could prob give better guess on pcb setup and form factor and such

thought edit -- were the last chips solid at 0.25watt? cause if so my guess at 0.16 may be high ;p 0.1watt even maybe? ;;Wink
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
6 months before the halving, so... this past Christmas?

The halving is estimated for sometime mid-July and that puts the 6 month mark in mid-January. Tongue
Didn't think about the halving, yeah consumers probably won't see new miners until after it, that and the producers will be able to say "Catch up to the halving double your hashrate with new S9" or what not.

ya official BMT finally admitted it on the thread today Wink

"S9 's information is coming soon , please be patient , dear all acustomers! Once I got it , I will post on BMT as soon as possible !  

16mn for sure, they been working on them for months i bet

Did they say it on "Bitmaintalk" or where exactly?

this is the spec thread we made ourselves .  BMT finally confirms it by the end
https://enforum.bitmain.com/bbs/topics/3433

Alright, pretty much legit when it is posted by a staff member.

personally when tommy at MS posted the shop item 2 weeks ago i KNEW it was legit. Tommy is legit, i believe it's Phil here that's been to his operation , so i knew he had no reason to BS .
no doubt this confirms mini-farms/large buyers get first info to prepare, rest of us just need to keep eyes and ears peeled to scrape what info we can to be prepared lol

I agree with you in terms of unfair behaviour from BITMAIN towards the public, giving private options to other (bigger) customers first, but that's how the business works. First the A grade customer, than the rest.
If i look at the price of the "S9", i would not mind to wait a month or two for it to be halved  Grin
legendary
personally when tommy at MS posted the shop item 2 weeks ago i KNEW it was legit. Tommy is legit, i believe it's Phil here that's been to his operation , so i knew he had no reason to BS .
no doubt this confirms mini-farms/large buyers get first info to prepare, rest of us just need to keep eyes and ears peeled to scrape what info we can to be prepared lol
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

The halving is estimated for sometime mid-July and that puts the 6 month mark in mid-January. Tongue
Didn't think about the halving, yeah consumers probably won't see new miners until after it, that and the producers will be able to say "Catch up to the halving double your hashrate with new S9" or what not.

"S9 's information is coming soon , please be patient , dear all acustomers! Once I got it , I will post on BMT as soon as possible !  

Alright, pretty much legit when it is posted by a staff member.
This has gone quite off-topic now, but I'm eager to hear about BF's chip as well.
I'd prefer a BF chip miner for many reasons, one of them being that my Finnish fellow-countryman mr. Punin is the Head of Product Development.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

legendary
i also think they are mining with them as we speak.  use 0.1watt miners (S9), but CHARGE cloudhash miners maintenance for 0.25watt miners?(S7)
no doubt imo

i suppose were getting off topic here... but i think Bitfury's about done with this thread so it should be ok ;p
Activity: 546
Merit: 253

It will be before the halving, we all know it's coming and will allow us extra income temporarily until halving. To me that's a great incentive to buy asap.
You don't think they'll be greedy and mine all the way up until the halving and then sell those machines?

I'm sure they have the s9 all ready running on their mines. They may have some s7 used at a reduced price. That may be what we are seeing now.
Activity: 546
Merit: 253

It will be before the halving, we all know it's coming and will allow us extra income temporarily until halving. To me that's a great incentive to buy asap.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
The 135-chip S7 probably loses 60-100W to the regulators. After that, the fans probably burn another 30-50W depending on speed. Give about 5W to the controller.

There was talk shortly after the S7 was released that Bitmain was starting 16nm dev.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Anyone notice that hashrate has started climbing fairly fast again, after almost a month of near-flat?

Smells a bit of SOMEONE bringing some new gear online somewhere.....

Fwiw the guy from Mining Sweden was going on about a Bitmain S9 being ready for release very soon, can't find the post at the mo.

Does anyone have confirmation of this possibility?

i emailed Tommy at Mining Sweden and here's his response

"Hello,

No there is no spell error.
I can't tell you details about them, you will have to wait until Bitmain releases them officially but I know they are coming since a key person at Bitmain gave me that information Smiley  "

note that it's still imo speculation till BMT offically says otherwise, but i think it's pretty safe to say S9 has gone thru/currently in production

Well I am interested on what the spec's on this one could be... unless they have access to, or created their own 16nm technology it seems to me the s9 would be just a bigger size of the s7.

Or they could have increased power efficiency by using gold wires.

As for the intricacies of the mining technology, i'm fairly new; aside from the chips themselves- what is the greatest use of power in the miners?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
I'm guessing but will know, when they do what they did with S5 lowed them a lot and marked them as used with a 30 day warranty,  this batch of S7 I didn't see marked as used and still have the 90 day warranty unless i missed it

im willing to bet they will go even lower just before we see the S9.

1. A 90-day warranty is provided starting from the shipping date. Overclocking the miner will void the warranty immediately.
Activity: 578
Merit: 501

legendary
Activity: 578
Merit: 501
If BMT releases first, BitFury is done. BitFury needed to release 2 to 3 months ahead of the competition and 6 months before the halving in order to get out in front.
legendary
Anyone notice that hashrate has started climbing fairly fast again, after almost a month of near-flat?

Smells a bit of SOMEONE bringing some new gear online somewhere.....

Fwiw the guy from Mining Sweden was going on about a Bitmain S9 being ready for release very soon, can't find the post at the mo.

Does anyone have confirmation of this possibility?

i emailed Tommy at Mining Sweden and here's his response

"Hello,

No there is no spell error.
I can't tell you details about them, you will have to wait until Bitmain releases them officially but I know they are coming since a key person at Bitmain gave me that information Smiley  "

note that it's still imo speculation till BMT offically says otherwise, but i think it's pretty safe to say S9 has gone thru/currently in production
legendary
That's an excellent point, they could be retired used machines since they're 2-fan. So it could very well be Bitmain is the first to bring 16nm to market. Dang.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
They did just open up sales on another batch of S7. How long are they usually out of sales of the current thing before offering the next thing?

Not sure but it is a 2 fan batch not a 1 fan batch.  So the price did not drop. It is 533 without the 100 dollar coupon.

I wonder if these will be used pieces from their mine ?  I wonder if they were replaced with s-9s and that was the reason for the big spike in diff this adjustment period.

Ps I received many coupons via donation the last two days.  So I now have more then 150 s-7 coupons good for 2 days.

Send me pms for them.
Pages:
Jump to: