Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly" - page 50. (Read 108494 times)

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
1. They are losing a lot of money or are under pressure from their investors to make more and need to
    make it up from the suckers, sorry, customers who are desperate to get their paws on the wonder chip
They are not.

2. They are worried that Bitmain have got a very cost effective solution which will ultimately come to
    dominate the network before they can get any real advantage from 16nm. I'm guessing that as well as
    mining Bitmain make very healthy margins from their S7's
If they're not, they should be. Bitfury has a pretty terrible history of dealing with anyone who doesn't have a representative lawyer where as Bitmain specifically caters from the one personal machine up to the corporate megafarm.

If my cater you mean go on vacation with no one at the office for two weeks to do repairs, RMAs, ship, etc... lol
... and they cater for it so well with dodgy software that's not been fixed for years ...

Also, it seems that the S7 includes the security risk extranonce subscribe hack also ...
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
1. They are losing a lot of money or are under pressure from their investors to make more and need to
    make it up from the suckers, sorry, customers who are desperate to get their paws on the wonder chip
They are not.

2. They are worried that Bitmain have got a very cost effective solution which will ultimately come to
    dominate the network before they can get any real advantage from 16nm. I'm guessing that as well as
If they're not, they should be. Bitfury has a pretty terrible history of dealing with anyone who doesn't have a representative lawyer where as Bitmain specifically caters from the one personal machine up to the corporate megafarm.

If by cater you mean go on vacation with no one at the office for two weeks to do repairs, RMAs, ship, etc... lol
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
1. They are losing a lot of money or are under pressure from their investors to make more and need to
They are not.

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

Valery Vavilov, CEO of BitFury, said: “We are very excited to launch mass production of our super 16nm ASIC Chip. The final results of our hard work have fully met our expectations. We understand that it will be nearly impossible for any older technology to compete with the performance of our new 16nm technology. As a responsible player in the Bitcoin community, we will be working with integration partners and resellers to make our unique technology widely available ensuring that the network remains decentralized and we move into the exahash era together. BitFury warmly welcomes all companies interested in joining our integration and reseller program.”

then they should avoid to make BS statements.

Well, where's the BS? How should they handle this to make it better?

Like everything that Bitfury announces you have to read very carefully, I refer to: "We understand it will be nearly impossible for any older technology to compete .......". The 'nearly' is the giveaway, despite their strange announcement about 'every transistor on the new chip being laid out by hand' they know that ultimately their solution, for one reason or another, has not worked exactly to plan and that a good full custom 28nm design can beat the crap out of it. Such solutions exist.

Sometimes silence is the best strategy, don't demean your competition or their engineers, by all means promote your products but don't try to make out they are something that they're not. I'm pretty sure that Bitmain aren't losing any sleep over this chip and the mere fact that Bitfury are promoting sales so strangely tends to suggest:

1. They are losing a lot of money or are  under pressure from their investors to make more and need to

Other suggestions are most welcome.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
Valery Vavilov, CEO of BitFury, said: “We are very excited to launch mass production of our super 16nm ASIC Chip. The final results of our hard work have fully met our expectations. We understand that it will be nearly impossible for any older technology to compete with the performance of our new 16nm technology. As a responsible player in the Bitcoin community, we will be working with integration partners and resellers to make our unique technology widely available ensuring that the network remains decentralized and we move into the exahash era together. BitFury warmly welcomes all companies interested in joining our integration and reseller program.”

This is nothing. Check out his LIES about mining being decentralized on this blog post: https://medium.com/@BitFuryGroup/keep-calm-and-bitcoin-on-4f29d581276#.1d6zjt936
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Thanks for the email. We will pass your details over to our integrators who will get in touch with you when the machines are ready.

Best
BitFury!
Activity: 55
Merit: 0

they should answer to emails from smaller entities too to make it real decentralized and widely available.

I have got answer from Bitfury Cool

And what was the reply?   Smiley
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

they should answer to emails from smaller entities too to make it real decentralized and widely available.

I have got answer from Bitfury Cool
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

legendary
Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

legendary
I also sent in a request.  My personal favorite quote from submitting the request was "Someone will be in contact with you in less than 24 hours".  Roll Eyes

I hope it will be a fair game.

Fair or not, it will be a prioritised game.

I have no issue with that as long as it is transparent.

Dont worry Bitmain will have their mega order of these chips.. i mean why waste time and money on r&d if you dont have too.. doesnt matter who the chip comes from ..

Best Regards
d57heinz

legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
I also sent in a request.  My personal favorite quote from submitting the request was "Someone will be in contact with you in less than 24 hours".  Roll Eyes

Dont worry Bitmain will have their mega order of these chips.. i mean why waste time and money on r&d if you dont have too.. doesnt matter who the chip comes from ..

Best Regards
d57heinz
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

Try an email saying you have 10 million to spend, if (I'm sure when) they respond enquire about smaller quantities for a friend Smiley
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
did anybody get feedback regarding the 16nm chips? any email back from bitfury after registration through their website?

So you don't have millions either.
legendary
did anybody get feedback regarding the 16nm chips? any email back from bitfury after registration through their website?
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
I doubt the container will have a huge effect - it just makes it a bit simpler for the BIG FARMS to move up a generation, but I suspect it won't be cheap.

Well combining the cooling solution on top of the containers with the miners does not make sense. Although it looks cool, but it would make it more costly if you have multiple of those containers.

It does make sense if their using immersion cooling, with something like 3M Novec 7000 fluid.
Then you would use cooling solutions like this to cool down the "water" their pumping into their immersion tanks. To cool down the Novec while it's in gas form.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ErbZtpL88
Pages:
Jump to: