Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly" - page 53. (Read 108494 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Of course they do but they will "test" them for awhile until there is competition  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
I'm sure we all can agree Bitmain will drop their prices before the bitfury gear comes out.

I would take a guess that Bitfury's chip will probably compete against a new chip from Bitmain, I mean we're already 6 months into this generation and they don't usually last that long.

6 Months of S7's already?
But I basically agree, they for sure are having something in the pipeline. This ASIC business keeps being interesting!
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

I thought I read somewhere that Bitfury will have the best watt/Ghs and $/Ghs when the gear comes out......

It depends - Innosilicon might have the A3 out before then, which is supposed to be somewhere in the same efficiency ballpark - and it seems like the Bitfury chip is fairly low performance in it's high-efficiency range.
 Bitmain did mention they had a next-gen chip in the pipeline, but they've been VERY close-to-the-vest on the last couple of generations up to the point they actually released hardware, so no clue where their 14/16nm gen full custom chip is in the process.

There is also KnC, which announced full production on their "Solar" 16nm chip months ago but don't seem to be managing to deploy much of it if any at all - and aren't selling to anyone else at all any more anyway.

$/Gh, well, that remains to be seen - but a 10TH miner in the .1w/GH efficiency range would have to be close to that $2000 point to be competative so we can all hope.

1384 went 9 months from its announcement to 1385 dropping. I'm sure part of that was because they didn't have any competition to speak of

1384 had some SERIOUS competition out of Spondoolies "Rockerbox" based machines, especially the SP20.

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Usually that's right, but 1384 went 9 months from its announcement to 1385 dropping. I'm sure part of that was because they didn't have any competition to speak of, and they did pretty much say when that hit that they already had a full-custom 16nm in the pipeline.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
I'm sure we all can agree Bitmain will drop their prices before the bitfury gear comes out.

I would take a guess that Bitfury's chip will probably compete against a new chip from Bitmain, I mean we're already 6 months into this generation and they don't usually last that long.
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
I imagine they will make this into single units around the 10.5 - 11.0 TH's range making power requirements around 1200-1300 watts. I did some number crunching for a 1 year time span and this is what I got. Please feel free to give me your numbers as well for comparison:

1) Bitcoin exchange was around $510 throughout the year
2) I could get it soon like end of January/early Feb
3) Cost of the unit would need to be $2400 or less

This is an incredibly efficient miner however with my electric rate my best bet would be to just host it somewhere as would most of US residents. Chinese miners should have a field day though.

I thought I read somewhere that Bitfury will have the best watt/Ghs and $/Ghs when the gear comes out...... at the moment Bitmain's batch 9 is a little less than $0.21/Ghs and will continue to drop. If that's true then Bitfury would have to ask at the MAX  $0.20/Ghs, that will put a 10Ths rig at $2,000 and that's only considering the current pricing.

I'm sure we all can agree Bitmain will drop their prices before the bitfury gear comes out.  I bet we may never see an s7+/s8 if they don't show up within the next 2-4 weeks, and even if they do it would be a very stupid buy considering bitfuty hardware (March/April) and the halving (est. July) would be right around the corner. The moment Bitfury launches is when Bitmain will most likely drop their 16nm chip (1386?) they have in their back pocket or their 1385 gear prices will smash through the floor.

Asic wars all over again.....where the miners win on the price and efficiency side, but lose on the difficulty and halving side.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
15% increase hasn't been accurate for a while has it? I guess I would settle with the goofy lightbulb idea and have my each of my light bulbs mining at 60-70gh/s lol.

Yeah I was actually being a little optomistic at 15% its more like 10% every 2 weeks or 20% a month I believe.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
I imagine they will make this into single units around the 10.5 - 11.0 TH's range making power requirements around 1200-1300 watts. I did some number crunching for a 1 year time span and this is what I got. Please feel free to give me your numbers as well for comparison:

Assuming:
Electric costs: $0.09 per kWh
Difficulty  increase of ~ 15% every month
Halving to occur at beginning of July
10.8 TH/s and 1200W power draw
Repayment period of 8 months or 244 days

Month Diff   BTC Mined   BTC Value   Profit
Jan    113   1.437       $733.11         $316.09  [Repayment period begins]
Feb    130   1.222       $623.15         $206.13                 ~
March 149   1.039       $529.67         $112.66                 ~
April    172   0.883       $450.22         $33.20                   ~
May    198   0.750       $382.69         $(34.33)                ~
June    227   0.638       $325.29         $(91.73)                ~
July    261   0.255       $130.11         $(286.90)        [Halving time]
Aug    288   0.230       $117.10         $(299.92) [Repayment period ends]
Sept    316   0.207       $105.39         $26.50
Oct    348   0.186       $94.85         $15.96
Nov    383   0.167       $85.37         $6.47
Dec    421   0.151       $76.83         $(2.06)

Totals   7.1643   $3,653.80    $2.07

This is assuming the value of BTC averages $510 USD during the entire year mining period.

So to summarize this miner would only be beneficial to me if:

1) Bitcoin exchange was around $510 throughout the year
2) I could get it soon like end of January/early Feb
3) Cost of the unit would need to be $2400 or less

This is an incredibly efficient miner however with my electric rate my best bet would be to just host it somewhere as would most of US residents. Chinese miners should have a field day though.
Activity: 464
Merit: 250
Video Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZPum2zqGPE

The summary of the hashrate with heatsink:
104 GH
107 mW per GH

Not bad at all  Cool

They are planning to start selling in March.

So the difficulty  will double again in May. Shall we buy S7 or wait for this miner?  This miner is very efficient.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
this product video seems legit, which matters much more:

11w, 104Gh/s, 0.107J/Gh
That is not for bitfury.com it redirects you. That is the scam not that Bitfury is.

why you are referencing a legit youtube link with something completely unrelated?
I quoted the wrong post it was one or two above you it seems to be removed now. The video is legit.

you can simply delete your part of this conversation that resulted from quoting error and I will delete mine
Activity: 463
Merit: 309

11w, 104Gh/s, 0.107J/Gh
That is not for bitfury.com it redirects you. That is the scam not that Bitfury is.

why you are referencing a legit youtube link with something completely unrelated?
I quoted the wrong post it was one or two above you it seems to be removed now. The video is legit.
legendary
Wow over 100 gh/s per 11w, Really want to see these on some little sidehack sticks, 8w 80gh/s would be fine by me.

8-11W/5V=1.6-2.2A, only on the best usb 3.0 hubs, but OK on many usb 3.0 hubs with a good Y-cable.
Not sure that the stick usb connector will handle >1.6A, but it is a question to sidehack.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Serious overkill on that heatsink for 11 watts.
Still, not too bad of performance.

I'm not worried about the GH / Chip stuff, Bitfury has always prefered the 'small chip" approach.
It's not far different from the current Bitmain 1385 on GH/chip after factoring the node shrink.

It's also a positive for using a new process node, tends to increase yield some.
legendary

11w, 104Gh/s, 0.107J/Gh

11w, 104Gh/s, 0.107J/Gh
That link is not for bitfury.com it redirects you. That is the scam not that Bitfury is.

removed my post, but what are you talking about? ridirects where? I see a youtube video in youtube. It says bitfury, etc.
You are also saying that someone hacked that "punin" fella account here as well?
WTF?
Not the Youtube link, a previous post that linked to "Bitfury.com" the link was actually for b1tfury.xxxxxxxx with a display of "Bitfury.com"
Activity: 233
Merit: 10
Video Part 2

The summary of the hashrate with heatsink:
104 GH
107 mW per GH

Not bad at all  Cool

They are planning to start selling in March.

11w, 104Gh/s, 0.107J/Gh
That link is not for bitfury.com it redirects you. That is the scam not that Bitfury is.
legendary
Even if it gets removed, the link exists in your quote. Please sterilize.
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
Looks like preorder has gone live for batch 1 chips.

I would love to get my hands on a few for a play around but 2 problems for me,

a) I dont do preorders.
b) Cant afford the minimum order quantity Sad

What a SCAM attempt. LOL

(Admin, please remove it.)

Edit: edited  Wink
legendary
Decent scam attempt there sir, but it's pretty obviously not the real website.
Pages:
Jump to: