Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN Antminer S3 support and OverClocking thread - page 36. (Read 158132 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Are you using four pci cables per Ant?

No, just two, but please note consuming watts from wall is going to 440W
My PSUs are 700W
Thanks, haven't heard many reports of people overclocking with two cables, wanted to make sure that it had been done. My B2 S3's aren't OC'ing well.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

No, just two, but please note consuming watts from wall is going to 440W
My PSUs are 700W
Activity: 826
Hi Guys,

Just for the statistic. I have three S3 - batch 3. All of them works fine for now on 250Mhz. out of the box

Activity: 12
Hi Guys,

Just for the statistic. I have three S3 - batch 3. All of them works fine for now on 250Mhz. out of the box

http://i61.tinypic.com/35jeee0.png
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
For now I let em run how it is. I will try later to see, if it really help and if the 250 is stable ...

But thanks for the advice!
Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Just received my S3 :-) Changed networkaddress and addet pools.

Preset @ 218.75 and running @ ~435 avg. Temp is @ 43°C
Firmware: #154 Mon Jul 28 13:12:00 CST 2014

Try overclocking to 250Mhz. Some S3s from batch 4 are running at 500Ghs.
Replacing the stock thermal grease will also be good.
Activity: 280
Just received my S3 :-) Changed networkaddress and addet pools.

Preset @ 218.75 and running @ ~435 avg. Temp is @ 43°C
Firmware: #154 Mon Jul 28 13:12:00 CST 2014
Antminer S3 manual says pools can be setup in three ways, Failover, Balance, Load Balance.
As per my understanding, Failover is as earlier in S1 and it priorities pools from the top to bottom.
The Balance as per manual is to share the mining power to each pools equally.
Now comes to the Load Balance or Quota based.
Anyone knows how the Load Balance and Balance configured The manual says "Change multipool strategy from failover to quota based balance".
But there is no place to enter quota to each pool. I interpreted wrong or I'm missing something?
Activity: 7
My B1s seem to get the best hashrate at 218mhz...  Sigh.

One did alright at 250mhz for a while getting 500GHS but it was highly erratic with lots of rejects and hw errors.

Oh well.
Activity: 857
Anger is a gift.
I used Prolimatech PK-1.

The unit I took apart is # 200. 200-204 are batch 1. 209-214 are batch 4.

I am aware the temps are high. They are in my warehouse at work.
Have you tired overclocking to 250?

I tried on the batch 1 one units. Hash rate dropped on each one, except # 202. Have not tried to push the batch 4 units yet.
I used Prolimatech PK-1.

Have you tired overclocking to 250?
Activity: 857
Anger is a gift.
I used Prolimatech PK-1.

IF
One of my batch 1 units will not overclock. In fact, sometimes it won't start up at all.

I have it taken apart right now. I am running to the store to get some alcohol for cleaning (well, maybe some other kind to drink as well...).

Several of the chips have this problem.

I know that some people say that thermal paste does not conduct electricity. However, the thermal paste that is used by BitMain has some oil in it which I do believe conducts some electricity (as learned from my S1 experiences). I am hoping a cleanup job will fix this S3.

[im]http://i.imgur.com/mhqHKQA.jpg[/img]

After seeing this and the post of daddyfatsax on the 2nd page, and all other problems i read here.
Im thinking to take my batch 5 apart before even running them O.o.
Ill get mine this week, what terminal paste did u use?

MX-4 ...GC-Extreme...

Google for "best thermal paste"...10's of reviews will pop-up...

Don't be so lazy, guys... Grin

ZiG

I have artic silver 5 but i think its so soft thats why i asked.
on the pictures of the heatsink u see that the paste has leaked, or is that just really really bad mounted and to much paste

AS5 is being talked down around here (I used it to no effect whatsoever, good or bad).
MX-4 that OP is talking about is Arctic Cooling MX-4, it's got great reviews and is selling at $7.81/4g at amazon, free shipping-I ordered it. A larger 20g is $18.42-if you got many miners you want to treat.

If MX-4 and GC Extreme are not available next bet is Cooler Master E2 (Gold coloured one).
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 4078
One of my batch 1 units will not overclock. In fact, sometimes it won't start up at all.

I have it taken apart right now. I am running to the store to get some alcohol for cleaning (well, maybe some other kind to drink as well...).

I know that some people say that thermal paste does not conduct electricity. However, the thermal paste that is used by BitMain has some oil in it which I do believe conducts some electricity (as learned from my S1 experiences). I am hoping a cleanup job will fix this S3.

After seeing this and the post of daddyfatsax on the 2nd page, and all other problems i read here.

MX-4 ...GC-Extreme...

ZiG

on the pictures of the heatsink u see that the paste has leaked, or is that just really really bad mounted and to much paste

AS5 is being talked down around here (I used it to no effect whatsoever, good or bad).
MX-4 that OP is talking about is Arctic Cooling MX-4, it's got great reviews and is selling at $7.81/4g at amazon, free shipping-I ordered it. A larger 20g is $18.42-if you got many miners you want to treat.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10

MX-4 ...GC-Extreme...

ZiG

Activity: 7
Is an "x" for one of the ASICs always something to worry about?

I have both S3s at 250mhz.  Both initially had an "x," however one cleared up on its own (?) and the other still has one.  Strangely, the one with the "x" has a higher hashrate so far.
ZiG
Activity: 406

MX-4 ...GC-Extreme...

ZiG
Activity: 74
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 910
I was trying to connect to the miner with TotalCommander via FTP protocol (unchecking the box "anonymous connection" to be able to input username and password). Connection was failed, so I am wondering may be I should somehow enable FTP server on miner side? How does Winscp work?

Connect with the SCP protocol using WINscp. FTP/SFTP don't look to be enabled.

You can edit your conf file with a windows GUI this way.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
I was trying to connect to the miner with TotalCommander via FTP protocol (unchecking the box "anonymous connection" to be able to input username and password). Connection was failed, so I am wondering may be I should somehow enable FTP server on miner side? How does Winscp work?
Pages:
Jump to: