Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN Antminer S3 support and OverClocking thread - page 38. (Read 158132 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Anyone that updated firmware that was overclocked?  I have one happy overclocked a little.  I'm just scared to mess with whats working.  Wondering what you overclocks think of newer firmware.  I don't care about beeps just speed Smiley
ZiG
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Activity: 826
I had same issue. It was a solderbridge on one of the hashing boards on other side of a flat cable connector. Removed it and it start showing temps.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
hello all:)

i have always temp 0 but my fan changes speed from time to time. is there any way to check the sensors?

Firmware #134 Fri Jul 11 10:42:43 CST 2014

I am having the same issue...
Activity: 3
hello all:)

i have always temp 0 but my fan changes speed from time to time. is there any way to check the sensors?

Firmware #134 Fri Jul 11 10:42:43 CST 2014
Activity: 539
Merit: 500
How do I tell what version of the firmware I have?
Thanks!

WebUI - Status->Kernel Log.  The first line ends with a date, it corresponds to the build date.  Firmware date is the filename that bitmain assigned.

Code:
Linux version 3.10.12 (xxl@ubuntu) (gcc version ...snip... #140 Mon Jul 21 17:27:04 CST 2014

so... antMiner_S320140721.bin = July 21, 2014 build.
Activity: 19
thanks fivejonny - I did the same thing; flashed the firmware anyway on both units - no beeps yet!!

thx!
Activity: 294
I got my two ant miner S3's yesterday.  Batch 3.  They run ok, a little sporadically from high 300's to 450 Ghs.  Both stock clocks.

How do I tell what version of the firmware I have?  I've looked everywhere in the antminer control panel; must be missing something, but the current version on Bitmain's site is antMiner_S320140721.bin.  Is there an easy way to see if I already have that or should upgrade.  (I would like to get rid of the sporadic beeps every ten minutes or so!)

Thanks!

I'm not sure how to tell what firmware you have, but I'd go ahead with the upgrade anyway. I upgraded to the 721 firmware and I haven't heard a beep from the thing since.
Activity: 19
I got my two ant miner S3's yesterday.  Batch 3.  They run ok, a little sporadically from high 300's to 450 Ghs.  Both stock clocks.

How do I tell what version of the firmware I have?  I've looked everywhere in the antminer control panel; must be missing something, but the current version on Bitmain's site is antMiner_S320140721.bin.  Is there an easy way to see if I already have that or should upgrade.  (I would like to get rid of the sporadic beeps every ten minutes or so!)

Thanks!
Sooooo if my B1 S3 runs for an hour without getting any x's on the chip status at 250mhz

With a 502gh Poolside hashrate, drawing 425 watts at the wall from a bronze psu - did I just like hit the lottery of units or something? Or do I need to keep an eye on this thing before I declare it stable.

Also does OCing really void the warranty? does it like set a flag bit somewhere?
Activity: 840
well no matter what i try, even putting the s3 in front of an AC, the hash rate drops to about 400 after a few hours, not matter the cooling, the cleaning and re paste, heat sinks on the dc-dc and freq i use.
i need to restart it, usually restarting cgminer gives me back my top hash about about 30mins, than it drops slowly,
anyone know how i can kill and restart cgminer every X amount of minutes. ?
what is the power supply your using for the antminer?

80 plat rated 1000w coolmaster
[/quote]

Can you check voltage going to the chips at startup and when the hashrate has dropped?
Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Beeper-problem solved.

Just desoldered the speakers  Wink

Hope you missed the firmware upgrade to solve the beep issue.
Your warranty void now!
https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=007201407180243004432lBQW28O0633
Activity: 31
Beeper-problem solved.

Just desoldered the speakers  Wink
Activity: 805
well no matter what i try, even putting the s3 in front of an AC, the hash rate drops to about 400 after a few hours, not matter the cooling, the cleaning and re paste, heat sinks on the dc-dc and freq i use.
i need to restart it, usually restarting cgminer gives me back my top hash about about 30mins, than it drops slowly,
[/quote]

80 plat rated 1000w coolmaster
Merit: 251
Finally with 225 for both 901 GH/s stable. 730W

so not bad.

lets see with batch 4 units Cheesy
Activity: 12
Hi everybody

I have 2 antminer s3 that wont start when i power on the poser supply led on antminer flash red and fan stop spinning...

any suggestion ?

i have 4 other on the same batch that work perfectly.

Check the ips and gateways ips are matching the A place below
xxx.xxx.A.xx

Problem resolved
thanks
Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Hi everybody

I have 2 antminer s3 that wont start when i power on the poser supply led on antminer flash red and fan stop spinning...

any suggestion ?

Check the ips and gateways ips are matching the A place below
xxx.xxx.A.xx
Activity: 12
Hi everybody

any suggestion ?

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

" 200                  12.60                    0782           21.3                    19
  225                  14.18                    0882           18.9                    17
  250                  15.75                    0982           17.0                    15
  275                  17.33                    0a82           15.5                    14 "

the pattern for 25MHz steps is obvious...in RED ... Grin

Still I did not get how the S1/S2 table values are applicable / usable instead of S3 values... Anybody checking them ... Huh

225MHz - "1185" instead of "0882"...
250MHz - "1386" instead of "0982"...

ZiG

i wonder if anyone has dared to try 275mhz yet Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: