Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN AntRouter R1: 1st wireless networking device with bitcoin mining chip - page 10. (Read 77432 times)

Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
So I received my antrouter today from eyeboot.com (klintay on the forum) and got to set up with crazy guys update. Now im curious about whos changed the chip settings of the R1 to get the most out of it safely. What settings have you got?

Also when changing the U3 settings does the voltage auto adjust or do you have to manually enter a voltage when you change the freq?

Thanks in advance.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2480
hello Buchi,

it works just fine for me.

maybe give it another try ?

Thank the sides were locked in the company , at home it worked ; ) Sorry Grin
zOU
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
★ these are stars ★
hello Buchi,

it works just fine for me.

maybe give it another try ?

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2480
I've sold out of R1's, and as promised, I am releasing my customized firmware to the community. Please note that although I refer to this package as custom firmware, it is really just a patch file. If you reset your R1 to factory defaults, you will lose the customizations. In which case, you would just need to re-apply the patch.

Changelog for release 0.95:
- Opened up port 4029 for API access to cgminer-u3 instance
- Max frequency for U3 increased to 250M
- Max fequency for R1 increased to 250M (I have not personally tested freq past 125. Use at your own risk!)

Firmware Enhancements
- U3 zombie handling(Scripted auto-cgminer restarts and R1 reboot if necessary)
- Supports modifying R1 pools from UI, without losing the ability to use Bitmain's solo pool for R1.
- Detailed R1 stats page, including pool statistics
- Supports modifying R1 freq and voltage from UI
- U3 freq selection increased to 250M
- Cgminer-U3 API open for monitoring with 3rd party tools

WARNING: These customizations provide the ability to push your R1 beyond its intended limits. Because of this, it will likely void your warranty with Bitmain. Additionally, I provide this patch with no official support, and take no responsibility for any damage done to your R1 device or its surroundings. Use at your own risk! By downloading and applying this patch, the user is accepting these conditions.

Download Below
R1CGCustomFW_0.95_2015-12-28.tar.gz

Upgrade instructions
To upgrade your firmware, go to "Backup / Flash Firmware" under the "System" tab
- Click on the "Chose File" button to the right of "Restore Backup:" (NOTE: Do not mistake this with the "Chose File" button under Flash new firmware. - This is not a full binary firmware file)
- Choose "R1CGCustomFW_0.95_2015-12-28.tar.gz" from your PC and then click on the "Upload archive" button.

Your antrouter system will reboot and come back up with updated firmware!

the download link is unfortunately dead , someone has an active link ?

THANK YOU
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
How many U3s can the router manage without a powered hub?

I did 3 with a very cheap usb 2.0 hub and it had no problems at all.  Not sure what is highest it's been pushed to.  

Also with it having external power I don't think powered/non-powered have near as much effect as a miner such as stick miners that run off usb juice.

That's good to know. Looks like I'll be snapping up some cheap ones if I see them then Smiley
I'm amazed that a tiny router like the U3 can be linked to 3 u3s without a powered hub. This information will be useful, because i'm tired of my u3s going zombie every few hours on my rpi. It's like cheap christmas lights: One goes out, they all go out. Not literally, but it kills my pay on nicehash.
U3s are great miners, and it's pretty unbelievable that they can support 4 bm1382/bm1384 with a tiny 92mm fan. I'm looking for more from bitmain, and if they don't deliver, i'm looking at sidehack for the next gen miners. Smiley
So far it looks like the U3 won't be getting a better chip, and I bet the U4 will never come out.

you know you can make a watchdog script on your rpi to check if the u3 went offline and have it run every few minutes..

My face just went blank. Can you pm me an example of that? Sounds really interesting and i've never heard of stuff like that. Can't script well either. It would be really helpful if you'd link me to something like that, thanks. Smiley I had no idea stuff like this even existed.. I've thought about it before, but I can't write crap so I just forgot.

ill give you an example when i get home
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!

I did 3 with a very cheap usb 2.0 hub and it had no problems at all.  Not sure what is highest it's been pushed to.  

Also with it having external power I don't think powered/non-powered have near as much effect as a miner such as stick miners that run off usb juice.

That's good to know. Looks like I'll be snapping up some cheap ones if I see them then Smiley
I'm amazed that a tiny router like the U3 can be linked to 3 u3s without a powered hub. This information will be useful, because i'm tired of my u3s going zombie every few hours on my rpi. It's like cheap christmas lights: One goes out, they all go out. Not literally, but it kills my pay on nicehash.
U3s are great miners, and it's pretty unbelievable that they can support 4 bm1382/bm1384 with a tiny 92mm fan. I'm looking for more from bitmain, and if they don't deliver, i'm looking at sidehack for the next gen miners. Smiley
So far it looks like the U3 won't be getting a better chip, and I bet the U4 will never come out.

you know you can make a watchdog script on your rpi to check if the u3 went offline and have it run every few minutes..

My face just went blank. Can you pm me an example of that? Sounds really interesting and i've never heard of stuff like that. Can't script well either. It would be really helpful if you'd link me to something like that, thanks. Smiley I had no idea stuff like this even existed.. I've thought about it before, but I can't write crap so I just forgot.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

legendary
Bitcoin FTW!

I did 3 with a very cheap usb 2.0 hub and it had no problems at all.  Not sure what is highest it's been pushed to.   

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 2529
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Did the Router has a normal 220Volt connector for Germany?
Activity: 588
Still available?

R1 batch 3 is available on the Bitmain Website.

Rich
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

I did 3 with a very cheap usb 2.0 hub and it had no problems at all.  Not sure what is highest it's been pushed to.   

It is curious, though, because the bitmain instructions state that a powered usb hub should be used.  I used a powered hub with mine, but all my usb hubs are powered.
legendary
Activity: 1456

legendary
Activity: 1456
So Batch 3 Available and they I guess they were not selling at $49 as the price is back down to $39.

Rich

Why am I not surprised?

Also, received my R1 today, the "EU" plug is huge, and ofc it's a plug without ground. So it won't fit in any sockets.. ridiculous.

What is really ridiculous is selling a US adapter when it has a plug that works direct to US outlet.  Now that is crazy.

My R1 ran with Crazyguys software for a while while I had a U3 that it was controlling, but once the U3 died there wasn't a reason for me to keep the R1 running to it's filed away in my drawer with other obsolete hardware.  I would have never run it with Bitmain's factory settings because I was concerned about where it was pointed and what it was actually mining, but that's not a concern with Crazyguy software.

I used the plug adapter, too, but mostly as a standoff on my power strip so I could access the plug next to where the R1 was plugged in.

Better then mine I had someone buy it on ebay.... keep it almost a month then decided they did not want it.  Said it was not good enough router..... and it is no nighthawk like I use for my house (actually use 2 nighthawks and a nighthawk extender).  I wish they would have asked and I could have told them not to expect worlds greatest router.... it is a  lotto miner that is a great U3 controller.

So sometime this week thanks to paypal I get my R1 back.... and hopefully it is still in perfect condition and I will plug it in again.  Not sure if I will try to sell again or not.   For what it brings I have had more headaches over this R1 ebay sale then much higher priced miners.  

But I will have a R1 sometime this week from buyer.
legendary
Activity: 1274
My R1 ran with Crazyguys software for a while while I had a U3 that it was controlling, but once the U3 died there wasn't a reason for me to keep the R1 running to it's filed away in my drawer with other obsolete hardware.  I would have never run it with Bitmain's factory settings because I was concerned about where it was pointed and what it was actually mining, but that's not a concern with Crazyguy software.

I used the plug adapter, too, but mostly as a standoff on my power strip so I could access the plug next to where the R1 was plugged in.
zOU
Activity: 728
★ these are stars ★
unless you use crazyguy patch:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13385790

I've sold out of R1's, and as promised, I am releasing my customized firmware to the community. Please note that although I refer to this package as custom firmware, it is really just a patch file. If you reset your R1 to factory defaults, you will lose the customizations. In which case, you would just need to re-apply the patch.

Changelog for release 0.95:
- Opened up port 4029 for API access to cgminer-u3 instance
- Max frequency for U3 increased to 250M
- Max fequency for R1 increased to 250M (I have not personally tested freq past 125. Use at your own risk!)

Firmware Enhancements
- U3 zombie handling(Scripted auto-cgminer restarts and R1 reboot if necessary)
- Supports modifying R1 pools from UI, without losing the ability to use Bitmain's solo pool for R1.
- Detailed R1 stats page, including pool statistics
- Supports modifying R1 freq and voltage from UI
- U3 freq selection increased to 250M
- Cgminer-U3 API open for monitoring with 3rd party tools

WARNING: These customizations provide the ability to push your R1 beyond its intended limits. Because of this, it will likely void your warranty with Bitmain. Additionally, I provide this patch with no official support, and take no responsibility for any damage done to your R1 device or its surroundings. Use at your own risk! By downloading and applying this patch, the user is accepting these conditions.

Download Below
R1CGCustomFW_0.95_2015-12-28.tar.gz

Upgrade instructions
To upgrade your firmware, go to "Backup / Flash Firmware" under the "System" tab
- Click on the "Chose File" button to the right of "Restore Backup:" (NOTE: Do not mistake this with the "Chose File" button under Flash new firmware. - This is not a full binary firmware file)
- Choose "R1CGCustomFW_0.95_2015-12-28.tar.gz" from your PC and then click on the "Upload archive" button.

Your antrouter system will reboot and come back up with updated firmware!
legendary
Bitcoin FTW!
Bitmain has a bug in their firmware/cgminer implementation?  Who would have ever guessed?!

They've had errors in almost every single one of their gui's since the S1, no surprise the R1 has failings, too.

Unless the R1 is smarter than we think and only reports btc blocks found... unlikely and realistically will never be tested.

i checked the code.. it doesnt even really look like it would ever do anything. its not right.

for one thing , it only says "you have not found any blocks yet!"
it doesnt even have a you have found a block comment.

i really dont think bitmain expected this R1 to ever find a block.. yet 100s of them are mining on their pool.. which i think they are taking in the bitcoin for themselves. collectively im pretty sure its a fair amount.
yeah i know it says its solo mining.. yet its solo mining to a port that is specific for the r1, and its super easy for them to put them on any pool they want..

The R1 was probably created for bitmain so they could get a little hashrate boost on their pool while paying nothing for it. It would probably never find a block and if it ever did, it's probably not going to be a bitcoin block. They put zero effort into the R1 and they're essentially getting free hashrate from us. clap, clap.
Pages:
Jump to: