Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN AntRouter R1: 1st wireless networking device with bitcoin mining chip - page 6. (Read 77432 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
My R1 is running rock stable now for a day or 10 Smiley
I love the fast wifi N speeds the unit provides whit low ping, this is a big plus.

Only problem is when i put the wifi output above 100mw the R1 seems likely to crash. And if not crashed, it works stable until the next time you enter and save something in the wifi menu.
Anyone getting stable higher wifi outputs?

(My Antrouter R1 unboxing here)

Improvements for model 2.0:
- AC wifi chip.
- antenna output
- adding a POE option.
- Better European power plug connection (like apple adapter)
Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
They really are little bastards  Cheesy I read up a lot about them and thought that they can't all be bad, but it seems they are. Oh well they are doing alright at the moment. Just don't want to run my laptop 24/7 if I can help it. Might invest in a raspi and do a load more research into setting it that thing up  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
It's the U3, they are crazy.  They do weird stuff, they work fine for days and days and days and then stop working for no reason.  Don't waste too much time on it, they are pos little bastards!
Both U3's are good as they will run and work on cgmienr direct through the laptop usb. So cant be a power issue either. Im stumped  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Well I cannot get two U3's working on the R1 for more than 5mins without them both dropping out. Im at my wits end. The U3's will both has away together on cgminer no problem so I know its nothing to do with the amount of power they are getting. Just the R1 not playing ball.

Has anyone else got any ideas?

change the hub - mine started that wAy until I changed the hub to a simple cheapo 4-port hub

Ive tried a cheap usb2.0 hub and a cheap usb3.0 hub and now a powered usb 2.0 hub and still they will drop out every couple of minutes for 5 mins then stop completely.

did you patch the fw to "crazyguy"'s firmware?
that version seemed to have eliminated the "zombie" U3 issue.

Edit: you are in our antrun thingy - so you must have done the firmware upgrade.
so.... only conclusion is either bad U3s or power supply...
Well I cannot get two U3's working on the R1 for more than 5mins without them both dropping out. Im at my wits end. The U3's will both has away together on cgminer no problem so I know its nothing to do with the amount of power they are getting. Just the R1 not playing ball.

change the hub - mine started that wAy until I changed the hub to a simple cheapo 4-port hub

Ive tried a cheap usb2.0 hub and a cheap usb3.0 hub and now a powered usb 2.0 hub and still they will drop out every couple of minutes for 5 mins then stop completely.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary
Activity: 1456
Ok so a little update to my issues ive been having with hooking up multiple U3's to the R1.

My old U3 ended up being dead, so that's now going. I bought a replacement which is being recognised by the R1, BUT, they will both drop out intermittently. Would this be due to the usb hub being non-powered and the R1 cant supply enough power, or would it be due to something else?

They are both hooked up to an atx breakout board with the 24pin connector from my psu connected (until I can get another 8 or 6pin pci cable).

Thanks for any and all help received already and for any future help Smiley

I have three U3s on a single R1, using a high-powered hub, and powered from a PSU, and I have the same problem you describe. I don't think it's a hub issue. My next step is going to be trying the same setup on a RPi with cgminer and see if the same thing happens.

My R1 is also connected to 3 x U3s and its running fine.
Hub is used is a cheapo unpowered 4 port hub that cost me a few bucks.
150ghs up wards no issues.
I have OC only a notch up for the U3 config.

Now that I have a R1 again I have it sitting on my desk waiting on me to play with again.   With U3's before I used a cheap USB 2.0 hub aswell.  It works fine for the job.

I did not OC mine though I know some do.  I did not like how hot the U3's could get.  I used PC fan's I had already to add more airflow which fixed that for me  a while back.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Ok so a little update to my issues ive been having with hooking up multiple U3's to the R1.

My old U3 ended up being dead, so that's now going. I bought a replacement which is being recognised by the R1, BUT, they will both drop out intermittently. Would this be due to the usb hub being non-powered and the R1 cant supply enough power, or would it be due to something else?

They are both hooked up to an atx breakout board with the 24pin connector from my psu connected (until I can get another 8 or 6pin pci cable).

I have three U3s on a single R1, using a high-powered hub, and powered from a PSU, and I have the same problem you describe. I don't think it's a hub issue. My next step is going to be trying the same setup on a RPi with cgminer and see if the same thing happens.

My R1 is also connected to 3 x U3s and its running fine.
Hub is used is a cheapo unpowered 4 port hub that cost me a few bucks.
150ghs up wards no issues.
I have OC only a notch up for the U3 config.
Activity: 896
Merit: 505
Hi,
when i will OC (overclock) - what is the best except external cooling?
voltage?? any to do?
Are you looking for the highest frequency you can run without external cooling?  I think it's somewhere around 200, but I get many hardware errors starting about 150 so I've never gone that high.

thanks.
no i will not looking for the highest. i will use the r1 higher as standard but not with a external fan.
so i will test it with 112.5 Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1274
Hi,
voltage?? any to do?
Are you looking for the highest frequency you can run without external cooling?  I think it's somewhere around 200, but I get many hardware errors starting about 150 so I've never gone that high.
Hi,
voltage?? any to do?
Activity: 82
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
i need your help (sorry 36 pages is too much to read) Wink

i will use the r1 with wifi, what must i do?
example: r1 on the left side in the room, and router on the right side. no lan-cable!

which configuration i must do?
have you any screens or a step-by-step instructions?
Its not a bridge or repeater.

no i will connect to the router via WLAN.
i will not use a lan cable, i will mine via WLAN.  I will not use this as a bridge or repeater!

thats pretty straight forward. connect to r1 via wifi and setup the lan to accept incoming connections, and give it a static ip.
then hook up to lan, and connect to r1 and delete the wifi setup, and then just add your wifi settings giving it a static ip if you want..
then unhook the lan and reboot the r1 and it should see the wifi and connect to it and start mining.

oh and dont delete the 192.168.200.1 lan the r1 wont mine without it.

example: r1 on the left side in the room, and router on the right side. no lan-cable!

no i will connect to the router via WLAN.
i will not use a lan cable, i will mine via WLAN.  I will not use this as a bridge or repeater!
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

legendary
Activity: 1456
Well new grey goo did nothing. Still the same problem. Even downloaded the cgminer version from the Bitmain support website and it causes the program to stop working once it gets to the voltage request thing. So looks like it's actually dead. So if anyone wants a U3 let me know. It's going cheap only £15  Cheesy

If you use all the cabling of working one and know 100 percent it's working on that chances are it's dead.   Sadly there are not a ton of projects out there for dead U3's so sells might be a little hard.
Pages:
Jump to: