Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN AntRouter R1: 1st wireless networking device with bitcoin mining chip - page 9. (Read 77432 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I bought this router. And I have a problem with it. No matter with which the mining pool is connected shows 100% discarded packets.
Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
Hi guys,

Is there something ive got to enable on the R1 for it to recognise more then 1 U3? Im running them through a Sabrent 4 port Usb 3.0 hub which works fine with one. But when I hook up a second I cant seem to get it to appear on the R1 gui and the hashing light doesn't come on.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Hello. I guess I'm an idiot, but I can not understand how to do mine. I registered on bitmain. What should I do with r1 to operate. I do not speak English using, only Google Translator

Use your account you registered and it should show up on their website. It might take a bit for it to show up, will not be instant.  It should be pretty much plug in and it works.

Are you using crazyguys firmware or regular firmware?
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Hello. I guess I'm an idiot, but I can not understand how to do mine. I registered on bitmain. What should I do with r1 to operate. I do not speak English using, only Google Translator
Activity: 76
So if I bought an R1 and took it to work... say I plugged it in to my wall socket and ran Cat5 from the wall's ethernet port to the R1, I'd be solo mining at work *and* give myself a little wifi hotspot?

or... maybe the opposite?  Have the R1 connect wireless to my wifi router and plug in an S3 or S5 to the ethernet jack?  That would be nice... I could put an S3/S5 in a place where I normally wouldn't be able to.
about putting a s3 or s5 in your work place. you better ask them. you may get fired if they find out.

No, I meant at my house. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
So if I bought an R1 and took it to work... say I plugged it in to my wall socket and ran Cat5 from the wall's ethernet port to the R1, I'd be solo mining at work *and* give myself a little wifi hotspot?

or... maybe the opposite?  Have the R1 connect wireless to my wifi router and plug in an S3 or S5 to the ethernet jack?  That would be nice... I could put an S3/S5 in a place where I normally wouldn't be able to.

the first is how its setup.. but dont really expect to find a block.. its not statistically going to happen.

the 2nd can be done but not well. you have to install some packages, and then its not really fast enough. mine kept disconnecting.

about putting a s3 or s5 in your work place. you better ask them. you may get fired if they find out.
Activity: 76

or... maybe the opposite?  Have the R1 connect wireless to my wifi router and plug in an S3 or S5 to the ethernet jack?  That would be nice... I could put an S3/S5 in a place where I normally wouldn't be able to.
legendary
Activity: 1274
That's the settings for the R1 NOT the U3  Wink

My U3 is currently set at 0800/250m  Grin
Oops, sorry, I misread.

Look at klondike_bar's posts, he was changing 3 numeric values, not just one, so maybe you have to edit some other values before you see a change with the R1.
On a different note, ive changed the settings for the R1 and it doesn't seem to make any difference when I change the freq. Volts is set at 0725 which is what it was after I did the update. But I put the freq upto 125M but it still hashes at 5.2ghs.

Anyone have any ideas?
Why are you using 125?  I know the chips technically support that freq, but really 225 is the lowest the U3 really operates at.  Basically the valid U3 frequencies are 225, 237.5, 243.75, 250.

0725 is less than stock voltage setting, 0750 is stock I believe and I don't think the U3 likes to go lower.  0800v/250freq is what a lot of people ran their U3 at to get 60+GH out of it, mine ran at 58GH at 0785/237.5 so that's what I used.  Your mileage may vary.

That's the settings for the R1 NOT the U3  Wink

My U3 is currently set at 0800/250m  Grin
legendary
On a different note, ive changed the settings for the R1 and it doesn't seem to make any difference when I change the freq. Volts is set at 0725 which is what it was after I did the update. But I put the freq upto 125M but it still hashes at 5.2ghs.

Anyone have any ideas?
Why are you using 125?  I know the chips technically support that freq, but really 225 is the lowest the U3 really operates at.  Basically the valid U3 frequencies are 225, 237.5, 243.75, 250.

0725 is less than stock voltage setting, 0750 is stock I believe and I don't think the U3 likes to go lower.  0800v/250freq is what a lot of people ran their U3 at to get 60+GH out of it, mine ran at 58GH at 0785/237.5 so that's what I used.  Your mileage may vary.
Edit:-  just checked on the u3 and r1 and the u3 had zombied. I thought this was fixed with crazy guys update?
I think in the time I was running a U3 off the R1 with crazyguy patch I had to manually restart it a couple times, still.  But the thing was I wasn't having to restart it every day or multiple times per day.  I think there are still issues with the U3 that not even crazyguy's magic patch can take care off, but I would not recommend anyone use a U3 without it.

That's fair enough I suppose. Cant have it perfect every time lol

Anyone have any ideas?
legendary
Edit:-  just checked on the u3 and r1 and the u3 had zombied. I thought this was fixed with crazy guys update?
I think in the time I was running a U3 off the R1 with crazyguy patch I had to manually restart it a couple times, still.  But the thing was I wasn't having to restart it every day or multiple times per day.  I think there are still issues with the U3 that not even crazyguy's magic patch can take care off, but I would not recommend anyone use a U3 without it.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I have had 22GH from my R1, had to make the voltage adjustable, load the CG Firmware and put a fan on it,
Was yours the one that was disassembled into components and hashing in pieces, so to speak?  Pictures around here somewhere...

Yes that's my one, not running at the moment, but the great thing about products like the R1 & Compac is that they are sufficiently low cost that you can be happy to take them apart and try some experiments in a way that you would be afraid to do with a full blown Miner.

Rich
Thanks guys, I went through the thread and found a few different post from Rich about voltages and frequencies etc. Also saw the disassembled r1 and still amazed you got it running that high  Cheesy

I'm tempted to use the guy interface and crank her up but may purchase some self ashesive heatsink a for the case first  Wink

legendary
I have had 22GH from my R1, had to make the voltage adjustable, load the CG Firmware and put a fan on it,
Was yours the one that was disassembled into components and hashing in pieces, so to speak?  Pictures around here somewhere...

Well yea, but the compacs can go from like 6GH to 25GH, so you can get 400% the hash with minimal effort, and easily you can get 200-300% increase out of them by just changing freq in the command line.  The R1 is lucky to get a 40-50% bump, so I never really bothered with it.

I have had 22GH from my R1, had to make the voltage adjustable, load the CG Firmware and put a fan on it, but overall no more messing than with the Compac, which I also have.  Smiley In fact I use the R1 to control the Compac. However all of these Hash rates are just for fun be it +50% or +300%

Rich
legendary
Only the same reason people have OC'd the Compac, just to see what it would do....  Smiley
Well yea, but the compacs can go from like 6GH to 25GH, so you can get 400% the hash with minimal effort, and easily you can get 200-300% increase out of them by just changing freq in the command line.  The R1 is lucky to get a 40-50% bump, so I never really bothered with it.

@ gt_addict: I get it about tinkering, though, it's why I like mining because I sure as hell don't make any money at it.  Try starting around page 13 or so, you'll find posts like this:
actually, seemed to be related to other parts of the frequency instruction.
8:125:0983 = ~4.5GH (8min sample)
6:125:0983 = ~6.4GH (30min sample)

connect to antpool: its your login email. mining takes up to an hour to show up (which is a bit annoying)

I look forwards to a modified firmware with actual asic stats/details like on the U3 page, since this minimalistic bullshit isnt particularly useful
6:125:0983    = ~6.35GH (9.5hr sample)
6:150:0B83    = ~6.81GH (2hr sample)
5.5:150:0B83 = ~7.02GH (30min sample)
5:143:1687    = ~7.55GH (1.5hr sample)
5:150:0B83 = ~7.62GH (20min sample)  
4.5:143:1687    = ~8.00GH (30min sample)
4:143:1687    = ~7.92GH ( 2.5hr sample)
4.2:156:0c03 = ~8.54GH (1.25hr sample)  55.3% overclock  

with a heatsink and fan its at a comfortable temperature, but the buzzing noise that starts at >7.5GH is present constantly (sounds slightly like a noise wall wart) so while the chip could go a lot further I don't know if the AC/DC and DC/DC can

anyone able to explain the function of the first value (ie: 6 vs 7 vs Cool? I assume timing
Cheers Mike. I totally get where you're coming from in regards to 5 or 8gh as it makes no difference at all really, but I bought it as a toy to play about with so may aswell see what it can do. I didn't realise it had already been covered in the thread I must have missed it.

Thanks for the info about the u3. I'll have a play about with the settings and see what I can do. Current one I have seems to like 247 and 820 lol.
but really what's the difference between 5GH and 8GH?  Effectively zero difference, I didn't see any reason to try and oc it.

Only the same reason people have OC'd the Compac, just to see what it would do....  Smiley

Rich

legendary
Go through this thread and a few people overclocked the R1, I recall seeing tables of different settings and the resulting hash and temperature, but really what's the difference between 5GH and 8GH?  Effectively zero difference, I didn't see any reason to try and oc it.

You need to adjust voltage and frequency together with the U3.  Play around with different combos, almost every U3 responds differently (my best setting was 237.5freq 785volt).
Pages:
Jump to: