Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN AntRouter R1: 1st wireless networking device with bitcoin mining chip - page 7. (Read 77432 times)

Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
Well new grey goo did nothing. Still the same problem. Even downloaded the cgminer version from the Bitmain support website and it causes the program to stop working once it gets to the voltage request thing. So looks like it's actually dead. So if anyone wants a U3 let me know. It's going cheap only £15  Cheesy
It was working fine through the circuit board and PSU connection then suddenly stopped. I'll put it back together late me with some new thermal gloop and give it another go.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Ok someone please help me. Ive got the power distribution board that klintay sent me working and both U3's are hooked up and all lights are on (power and usb sides) but still the R1 is only showing one U3. Ive tried plugging one in at a time, powering off the r1 between connecting each one and any other variable I can think of.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Edit:-

Plugged the one in to the laptop and tried to run it through cgminer and cgminer wont load. It comes up with the first line then doesn't load until I unplug the U3. Ive just loaded it again while writing this and it says "MTX Icarus something". Also when it loads (after ive unplugged the U30 it says "AMU 0: write voltage comms error werr=-4 amount=0     Failed to set frequency, too much overclock?"

Now I haven't changed the settings since I last had it connected to cgminer before I got the R1. Would all that mean ive got a dead U3 now?

THanks.

Try switching the psu brick on one that is working with one that is not working.  See if it's possibly the brick that is included.   Hopefully that is it.

But if you know psu brick, usb, and software work.... then it's not looking good for that U3.
Plugged the one in to the laptop and tried to run it through cgminer and cgminer wont load. It comes up with the first line then doesn't load until I unplug the U3. Ive just loaded it again while writing this and it says "MTX Icarus something". Also when it loads (after ive unplugged the U30 it says "AMU 0: write voltage comms error werr=-4 amount=0     Failed to set frequency, too much overclock?"

Now I haven't changed the settings since I last had it connected to cgminer before I got the R1. Would all that mean ive got a dead U3 now?
If you can't get the U3 hashing on its own no matter what (did you re-zadig a few times?) then you probably have a dead U3. Sad

My last U3 hashed along as it usually did until one day it just wouldn't get recognized by the computer any more and I gave it away for cost of shipping.

Yep done the zadig a few times and again tried loading cgminer etc first then plugging it in etc etc but nothing. Oh well time ti take it to bits and have a look at it.

Have you tried a different power supply?  I don't see that being mentioned that is something I would test to.

They are not really quality ones that were included with them at sale.

Yep ran it from the standard power brick (7.5a 12v) and direct from my psu which runs my S3's and still zilch. Its apart now. Going to re-do the thermal paste as th old stuff was really crusty and see if that does anything. If not then ill sell it for spares or if someone has the know-how for repairs.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
I got on from Eyeboot -bitcointalk user: klintay Smiley
Small video testing the unit, Wifi works well until 100mw, more can give stability Issus. Mining works perfectly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uve8ku4l8Zc
legendary
Activity: 1456

If you can't get the U3 hashing on its own no matter what (did you re-zadig a few times?) then you probably have a dead U3. Sad

My last U3 hashed along as it usually did until one day it just wouldn't get recognized by the computer any more and I gave it away for cost of shipping.

Yep done the zadig a few times and again tried loading cgminer etc first then plugging it in etc etc but nothing. Oh well time ti take it to bits and have a look at it.

Have you tried a different power supply?  I don't see that being mentioned that is something I would test to.

They are not really quality ones that were included with them at sale.

legendary
Activity: 1274

This sounds like it, i've had the same symptoms (on the PC since I don't have a R1)

That would explain all the issues I'm having with it not being recognised then. Well I'll be taking it apart if anyone wants any parts?
zOU
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
★ these are stars ★
This sounds like it, i've had the same symptoms (on the PC since I don't have a R1)
Ok someone please help me. Ive got the power distribution board that klintay sent me working and both U3's are hooked up and all lights are on (power and usb sides) but still the R1 is only showing one U3. Ive tried plugging one in at a time, powering off the r1 between connecting each one and any other variable I can think of.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Edit:-

THanks.
Go back through this thread RichBC took his apart and I think it was him who fixed a prong issue aswell.
Activity: 721
Merit: 504
One of mt R1's is in need of repair. The plastic to the folding prong broke off. What to do?

I can super glue the folding prong in the opened position?
I can find a new prong to match?
any techies know of another way to power it?
 also  help with getting a new folding prong to match.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 2529
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
My Antrouter are pointet to the solo Pool :-)
Activity: 588
Hi,

if anyone wants to take part in the R1 Fun-Run

Feel free to join: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/antrunde-antrouter-r1-fun-run-compare-your-share-1411813

C ya there Smiley

Nice idea, I had been wondering where to point my R1, will head on over.

Rich
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
Both U3s will work independently of connecting one at a time I've tried connecting them and then plugging the r1 in. I've tried plugging the USB 3 into the USB 2 and still the same. They aren't powered hub because I thought the u3 didn't need power as it has its own supply. They even say that you can connect multiple u3's with a hub in the manual.

again out of my depth here...but is your laptop 2.0 or 3.0 .....you'd think it would work with a 3.0 powered hub on either.

(others on here I'm flailing beyond my knowledge base)

My laptop has two of each USB ports but the R1 and U3's are independent of the laptop. The R1 is plugged in the mains with an ethernet socket to the router. It hashes fine on its own and with a USB hub (2.0 or 3.0) it will pick up one U3 on the hub. But it won't pick up a second on the hub. Both U3's work independently if only one was plugged in but as soon as I plug in two it won't see it.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Both U3s will work independently of connecting one at a time I've tried connecting them and then plugging the r1 in. I've tried plugging the USB 3 into the USB 2 and still the same. They aren't powered hub because I thought the u3 didn't need power as it has its own supply. They even say that you can connect multiple u3's with a hub in the manual.

again out of my depth here...but is your laptop 2.0 or 3.0 .....you'd think it would work with a 3.0 powered hub on either.

(others on here I'm flailing beyond my knowledge base)

zOU
Activity: 728
★ these are stars ★
that's the trick for using USB3 hub on a RPI.

and one of his U3 is working on a USB3 hub, so that doesn't seems to be the problem Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: