Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN AntRouter R1: 1st wireless networking device with bitcoin mining chip - page 5. (Read 77430 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
*Reads the OP through*
*Looks at the phrase b/g/n*
*Slow realisation*
*HAHAHAHA B/G/N THAT'S SO OLD*

Cool

N works well here. Normal N speeds.
However Improvements for model 2.0 should be:
- AC wifi chip.
- antenna output
- adding a POE option.
- Better European power plug connection (like apple adapter)
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
give me your cryptos
*Reads the OP through*
*Looks at the phrase b/g/n*
*Slow realisation*
*HAHAHAHA B/G/N THAT'S SO OLD*

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Hi all

Does anyone use his R1 as WLAN client? I have a bunch of U3 and i would like to let them mine in another room because of the noise. But there is no ethernet connection inside this room. I would like to stop using my Raspi for connecting the U3 to my WLAN and installing my R1 for that reason.

I've tried a couple times, but didn't get it to work. It won't connect to the wlan nor is it accessible via cable. I had to reset my device in order to getting a connection again. Thanks for your hints.
R1 wifi is pretty unreliable. It does work but the strength is pretty weak and you're better off buying a cheapo tplink for a connection. U3s are supposed to be connected thru the usb port, and i'm pretty sure wlan doesn't work for u3s.

I was running the R1 sorely on wireless for months - and both R1 and 3 x U3 connected via USB thru a cheapo 4 port USB hub works well.

I think it should work fine as far as wireless the run the R1 and U3's from it.   It is nothing fancy but should be able to do it, personally I went Ethernet each time I set it up.  But wireless should be fine to a point.

That being said if you have it as a access point don't expect a lot out of it.  It is not a great router you can get far better for much cheaper if what you need is a device to put out WIFI for devices to connect to.   
legendary
Activity: 1274
Let`s post pictures (or video) of our R1`s mining!

Unless they are heavily modified it would be

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi all

Does anyone use his R1 as WLAN client? I have a bunch of U3 and i would like to let them mine in another room because of the noise. But there is no ethernet connection inside this room. I would like to stop using my Raspi for connecting the U3 to my WLAN and installing my R1 for that reason.

I've tried a couple times, but didn't get it to work. It won't connect to the wlan nor is it accessible via cable. I had to reset my device in order to getting a connection again. Thanks for your hints.
R1 wifi is pretty unreliable. It does work but the strength is pretty weak and you're better off buying a cheapo tplink for a connection. U3s are supposed to be connected thru the usb port, and i'm pretty sure wlan doesn't work for u3s.

I was running the R1 sorely on wireless for months - and both R1 and 3 x U3 connected via USB thru a cheapo 4 port USB hub works well.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
Hi all

legendary
 Smiley

Some of the least exciting mining pictures there Smiley.  Biggest I ever got was 3 U3's on my R1, don't think I have any pics.  Most exciting thing with mine was fan's I had fun with some LED fan's to cool down my lotto miners (U3's and Compacs).   I went overboard but looked neat.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
 Smiley
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hi all

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
how can i tune the R1.
What is the maximum on GHs what can i get...

i will unter the top 3 on www.antrun.de Smiley

Best Regards
Willi

i found on my r1 even tho you can go higher, the ghs goes down if i go past 137.. so id check to make sure your ghs is going up with each step.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 2529
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
how can i tune the R1.
What is the maximum on GHs what can i get...

i will unter the top 3 on www.antrun.de Smiley

Best Regards
Willi
Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
Well so far using the gekko version of cgminer 4.9.2, there have been no zombie issues, if anything isn't found or stop working, within a few minutes its back. The com port number has changed (at least I think its that). Apart from that the only other issue has been cgminer stopping completely while I was at work today. Once home, I saw the windows "this program has stopped working" message and closed it then restarted it with no problems.

Not sure why it stopped working but its working again now.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Both U3's are good as they will run and work on cgmienr direct through the laptop usb. So cant be a power issue either. Im stumped  Undecided

I would look at USB as mentioned by some above.   A cheap usb 2.0 hub should work fine.  I would try another cheap usb hub and see what happens.  I would not go twords powered as no need to add that to it.

What cheap usb hub are you using?  Have you tried it for other things and tested ports?

Ive tried the U3's with all three hubs now on cgminer and they run no problem, so its got to be the R1. Tempted to get a raspi and run them from that as I don't really want my laptop on 24/7.

cheap unpowered USB 2.0 hub.... NOT USB 3.0... this maybe the reason....

Ok, lets clarify. I have used the following cheap hubs:-

USB 2.0 (non powered)
USB 3.0 (non powered)
USB 2.0 (powered)

All three were tried with different approaches. Plugging one in would work fine, then plugged a second in and it would read it but then it would stop hashing. Tried lowering the freq and voltage back to standard levels but no effect. One U3 would work fine and even a Gekko stick would work in the usb port on the R1 (by itself) but as soon as I tried to connect a second device it would stop.

The two U3's and Gekko stick are now on the 2.0 powered hub and running through cgminer (gekko edition) on my laptop but obviously I don't want to have my laptop on all the time, hence the raspi thought.

I ran my U3s (3 on a powered USB 2.0 hub) on a Raspberry Pi overnight and encountered the same problem I had with the R1. One of the U3s went Zombie, and then was missing when I rebooted the Pi and restarted cgminer. Nothing would bring it back short of physically unplugging it, power cycling it, and plugging it back in.

I'm starting to think that the U3s are just temperamental.
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
Both U3's are good as they will run and work on cgmienr direct through the laptop usb. So cant be a power issue either. Im stumped  Undecided

I would look at USB as mentioned by some above.   A cheap usb 2.0 hub should work fine.  I would try another cheap usb hub and see what happens.  I would not go twords powered as no need to add that to it.

What cheap usb hub are you using?  Have you tried it for other things and tested ports?

Ive tried the U3's with all three hubs now on cgminer and they run no problem, so its got to be the R1. Tempted to get a raspi and run them from that as I don't really want my laptop on 24/7.

yeah usb 3.0 often have compatibility problems with bitcoin miners but gt_addict said he tried a couple of usb 2.0 hubs as well so it is strange. Sounds like it might be a problem with your com ports on the PC. Try clearing all you com ports this way:

http://superuser.com/questions/408976/how-do-i-clean-up-com-ports-in-use
Both U3's are good as they will run and work on cgmienr direct through the laptop usb. So cant be a power issue either. Im stumped  Undecided

I would look at USB as mentioned by some above.   A cheap usb 2.0 hub should work fine.  I would try another cheap usb hub and see what happens.  I would not go twords powered as no need to add that to it.

What cheap usb hub are you using?  Have you tried it for other things and tested ports?

Ok, lets clarify. I have used the following cheap hubs:-

USB 2.0 (non powered)
USB 3.0 (non powered)
USB 2.0 (powered)

All three were tried with different approaches. Plugging one in would work fine, then plugged a second in and it would read it but then it would stop hashing. Tried lowering the freq and voltage back to standard levels but no effect. One U3 would work fine and even a Gekko stick would work in the usb port on the R1 (by itself) but as soon as I tried to connect a second device it would stop.

The two U3's and Gekko stick are now on the 2.0 powered hub and running through cgminer (gekko edition) on my laptop but obviously I don't want to have my laptop on all the time, hence the raspi thought.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

That's the thing. The r1 has crazyguys firmware so yea you're right is have to try and sort the zombie issue out. God knows how I'll do that seeing as setting up a raspi is a bit out of my comfort zone lol
legendary

The great thing about the R1 is crazyguy did all the work on making it automated and fix zombies.    Chances are you can automate on RPI, but I don't think there is a image anyone has shared with it.  So might take some work compared to flashing a R1 with crazyguy's custom firmware.

But a RPI is a fine controller as long as you can get it to automate fixing zombies.

legendary

Pages:
Jump to: