Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN AntRouter R1: 1st wireless networking device with bitcoin mining chip - page 2. (Read 77430 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
Has anyone lucked out and hit a block with an R1 yet?

I did hit many blocks!
(altcoin blocks  Tongue )

The chance someone will hit a block is to small, also the stock software will not let u know, I even think you never know you hit it.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

I dont think so  Grin

If there was lucky R1 winner..... it would have made it to BREAKING NEWS in the BTC mining world, because a R1 would have very, very, very lucky to claim a block with that small hash.
Activity: 481
Merit: 264
BCMonster.com BTC ZEN HUSH KMD ARRR VRSC ACH RFOX
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
Hello,
Does this device need to be connecteed with LAN-cable or can you connect it to a WiFi router with WLAN?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T0TuF2W4VA  maybe this can help you but i dont like the music

Not really. The video didn't show the setup page detailed enough.
I started wondering this thing when I saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFtnVwJ6dpo
There they don't have a LAN cable connected. The question has been asked in the comment of the video but hasn't received an answer.

It need to be connected to a LAN-cable.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Hello,
Does this device need to be connecteed with LAN-cable or can you connect it to a WiFi router with WLAN?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T0TuF2W4VA  maybe this can help you but i dont like the music
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Hello i was thinking of buying the Antminer R1 for mining backup equipment of my new website can someone say how much it mine's daily.

I am starting with small miner's and when the investment's mature , will probably buy more faster , mining equipment.

It looks like it mines nothing daily. It's just a curious toy, nothing more. You better start with something like Antminer S5, it's cheap enough these days and it should mine 0.0011 BTC daily.

I actually just picked one up. I've never really been too into mining other than the idea of helping out with the network but I thought I'd give it a go.
The R1 in PPLNS using the custom patch makes around 20 satoshis per block.
So if antpool were to mine all the blocks in a 24 hour period at 10 minute intervals you're looking at somewhere around 2 cents a day (2880 sat).
I might just end up switching it back to Solo mode for the hell of it and keep it plugged in forever. Maybe I'll get lucky.
Activity: 308
don't piss me off or else you will see the tigress
It's so confusing man you all recommend too much shit i don't know what to choose and also i need to manage my electricity bill rofl.

One say's this one say's that maybe i should have a vote, rofl.

But i am keeping on looking maybe i should buy 1 or 2 Antminer S9's after 6 month's maturity of he investment's but i get ridiculed cause most of them go scams etc.

Still deciding on a miner yet for the website i don't know where the guy went has not replied since yesterday.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Both of you thank's man also I was considering , the Antminer S5  first then i had doubt's about it.

But seem's Antminer R1 , is for leisure mining, thanks for your help though.

Free power??? Get a S3+,I had 3 of em for a year & no issues at all,very robust.Sold em for the profit  Wink
Both of you thank's man also I was considering , the Antminer S5  first then i had doubt's about it.

But seem's Antminer R1 , is for leisure mining, thanks for your help though.

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Hello i was thinking of buying the Antminer R1 for mining backup equipment of my new website can someone say how much it mine's daily.

I am starting with small miner's and when the investment's mature , will probably buy more faster , mining equipment.

thanks and god bless.

near zero per day.

you wont making anything at all mining with this device..

stock speed is only 4 ghs.. at today's difficulty its like .08c a month.

this is not an investment.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant

It looks like it mines nothing daily. It's just a curious toy, nothing more. You better start with something like Antminer S5, it's cheap enough these days and it should mine 0.0011 BTC daily.

thanks and god bless.

Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
Dear Bitcoiners,

The AntRouter R1 is now available on Newegg for only $59 and will be shipped domestically by Newegg immediately. This saves buyers in North America the time and cost of international shipping.

Here is the direct link to the AntRouter on Newegg.com

We wish you a happy mining experience with Bitmain.

Regards,

the Bitmain team
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Search the forum for Crazyguy's firmware, then you can point it to any pool you want, among other things.
Posting a link to the firmware since I receive a PM asking about it:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13385782
Thanks again, Crazyguy!
legendary
Merit: 1924
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
hi there is anyone experiencing antouters R1 not working since a couple of hours. I have 6 of them and they all stopped mining. no blinking light only steady light. I have a very high speed internet connection and my s7 and u3's are still hashing away like insane but the antrouters are not solomining anymore. If i look in my dashboard antrouter section and you have the option of active miners and inactive. In active mode they are not showing up but by the inactive mode i see them all.

i have set one of them back to factory default. so a reset an configured it again but still no hashing.

anyone experiencing the same thing. let me know please

Yes - R1's are very unreliable. I have 2. One intermittently works. The other will if you default it often enough work for short periods and then stop working altogether. I wouldn't recommend buying one.

They are a great idea (if they worked properly)  - bitcoin lottery 1:4000 years chance of hitting a block
I use the usb of the R1 to power a raspberry pi
legendary
Search the forum for Crazyguy's firmware, then you can point it to any pool you want, among other things.
Activity: 14
solo.antpool.com is the new pool. but im looking into changing the cgminer into a different version.
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
hi there is anyone experiencing antouters R1 not working since a couple of hours. I have 6 of them and they all stopped mining. no blinking light only steady light. I have a very high speed internet connection and my s7 and u3's are still hashing away like insane but the antrouters are not solomining anymore. If i look in my dashboard antrouter section and you have the option of active miners and inactive. In active mode they are not showing up but by the inactive mode i see them all.

i have set one of them back to factory default. so a reset an configured it again but still no hashing.

Yes I am experiencing the same thing. All the R1s have stopped mining. It seems that Bitmain's server is down. People are talking about it here:

https://enforum.bitmain.com/bbs/topics/3721
Activity: 42

legendary
Does anyone have any stories of actually mining a block with this thing, or coming even remotely close to making a profit?  I'd love to hear them.
You'll be waiting a long, long, long, long, long time to hear about a block.

A profit, are you joking?

Do you understand what 5GH means in today's mining world?

It means you can mine for 4 years and never find a blocks
It means you can mine for 4000 years and never find a block.

You could, in theory, find one tomorrow, but the odds are way way way that you will not.  Effectively 0 chance.  But still fun to run the R1 in antrun.de fun run.
Pages:
Jump to: