Pages:
Author

Topic: 🔥🔥🔥Blazepool on FIRE🔥180+ coins🔥well established🔥multi-algo switching pool - page 17. (Read 20652 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Forgot to mention using nemos 2.2.4
Hi, the earnings seem mighty slow, I have 6 1080tis on the pool using 13 of the algos, I have tried an interval time of 3 mins and less but this seemed to slow it down further, I am now on an interval of 10 mins. It seems a lot more stable but earnings are really slow.
For my last 24 hours i'll be lucky to hit 0.002, I'm at around 20 hours now with 0.00174BTC.
Either i'm doing something wrong or there is something at your end.
Please help.
Tried sending as PM but Newbie to Newbie I not allowed.
Address is 184E9hdrbreW5cyYmbcxt9dN35RbTdqx7q

Thanks
Activity: 40
@romajc. That's a multiplier issue that can be fixed by downloading the latest master from our nemosminer fork.  We'll update the release to reflect the change shortly.  In the meantime, please use the latest files from master.  Thanks!

Ok thanks, fixed now.  Looks like Phi is down.  I now have all 15 of my 1080tis on Blazepool testing it out.

How can I use the wallet api function on the site?

Any programs or excel sheets I can use with it?  Would love to track income.
Activity: 129
@romajc. That's a multiplier issue that can be fixed by downloading the latest master from our nemosminer fork.  We'll update the release to reflect the change shortly.  In the meantime, please use the latest files from master.  Thanks!
Activity: 40
Keccak showing $1,200 per 1080ti card on nemosminer lol... reason for this?  Removing it for now.
@Bit2017User. Thank you for trying the pool out.  It's really great to see you continue with the trial.  Neoscrypt coin weren't particularly strong with our coins line-up until now because of a more balanced approach that we take. 

We've just added a few coins to strengthen our  lineup: Desire, Shield, Solaris, Tune.
Activity: 76
Merit: 1
@Bit2017User. Do you see higher profitability now or did you already quit at only 55 minutes?

@jphope1234. You don't lose shares for algo switching.

I did quit and then thought about it and decided to give it another try.
Will wait until 0.005 and then will decide if to continue.
It's hard to get used to your wallet panel after months
with Ahashpool panel.
Next week i hope to put online 2x1080ti in addition.

Will wait and reserve judgement for now.
@Bit2017User. Do you see higher profitability now or did you already quit at only 55 minutes?

@jphope1234. You don't lose shares for algo switching.
do I lose shares if I switch algos
Activity: 76
Merit: 1
Hello
i Just started testing you pool but i can't believe that 2x1070ti earn only 32 sat in almost 55 minutes.
something is wrong with neoscrypt coins, can you check this out please.
Thanks
Hello everyone,

Wallet page back online!

Blazepool
Hello All,

Wallet page is down for a short while, will be right back up.  Mining is not disturbed.

Blazepool
Hello everyone.  Small update here.  We released the wallet API for those of you automating your accounting. You may find the API section now on our main page.

http://www.blazepool.com/

More to come shortly including new coin additions.

Blazepool
Activity: 420
Merit: 182
Not quite... If pool hashrate is fairly constant but pool luck is not - ie, the time to find each block varies quite a bit - then any given miner will submit way more than n shares for a block that took much longer than average to find; ergo, the oldest shares end up get tossed out because they were outside of the n-wide window.

I see, that explains my pathetic returns while hashing out on Neoscrypt. When there is too little pool wide hashrate in the algo, people who keep on that one algo suffer. I quit because of those returns, and looks like it was a good decision.

And I am not complaining about the first couple of days, there was plenty of hashrate and got paid fine.

Maybe - the downsides to PPLNS are basically the result of trying to apply a mechanical rule - payout based on the last N-shares leading up to each block - on a statistical process - the time to find a block does vary in inverse proportion to pool/network hashrate, but it is not a linear function; that is, as pool/network hashrate declines the odds of finding a block decrease much more rapidly chaotically (but asymptotically - it never quite reaches zero for a non-zero hashrate).

What many miners understand is that if pool hashrate for an algo declines while network hashrate remains the same - e.g., most miners switched away from that algo on a specific pool - then pool luck tends to decline as well. Intuitively one may think that as pool hashrate declines it will take longer to find each block, sure, but each share will be proportionally more valuable - lower hashrate, right - so overall payout should remain the same. However, what really happens is that a lower pool hashrate not only increases the time to find each block on average, it also generally results in a wider variation in the time to find as well. THAT is what gets you with PPLNS: the number of shares considered valid for each block remains the same, but it is much less predictable when each block will come, and with PPLNS you only get paid for shares leading up to a block.

Pool operators like PPLNS because they don't have to pay for some of the shares submitted if the time to find the next new block suddenly jumps up as a result of an equally sudden drop in pool/algo hashrate. Miners also eventually learn to remain on the pool/algo until a new block is found to maximize their payout - hence why PPLNS is said to reduce pool hopping, because you can't be sure you'll receive anything if you drop in on a pool/algo for a few minutes or hours without a block being found in that time.

What people wrongly assume - and which few pool operators attempt to correct - is that miners will almost certainly be persistently underpaid if the time to find is "too long" at a given PPLNS pool (where "too long" is a nebulous, hard-to-pin-down number, unfortunately). This is one of the reasons why hashrate tends to concentrate at certain pools for certain coins/algos; it's a rather perverse example of the "network effect" showing up in something that is supposed to be decentralized/democratic by nature (ie - cryptocurrencies).

NB - I am fairly new to mining so my understanding of all this may be imperfect, incomplete or even incorrect. I welcome being corrected; I do not respond well to being called names.
tio
Activity: 133
Merit: 7
@tio Immature is when a block hash with high enough difficulty is found by the pool, accepted by the nodes and now waiting for confirmation.  Confirmation count depends on the specific coin's setup.
Thanks a lot, now it make sense for me
Activity: 529
Merit: 29
@MagicSmoker  Your description fits a wrong implementation of PPLNS, but not PPLNS itself.

Just quoting from the earlier reference: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pplns-39832
"Another incorrect implementation is to pay all shares in a window given in units of time (sometimes called PPLNM or PPLNH)"

Not quite... If pool hashrate is fairly constant but pool luck is not - ie, the time to find each block varies quite a bit - then any given miner will submit way more than n shares for a block that took much longer than average to find; ergo, the oldest shares end up get tossed out because they were outside of the n-wide window.

I see, that explains my pathetic returns while hashing out on Neoscrypt. When there is too little pool wide hashrate in the algo, people who keep on that one algo suffer. I quit because of those returns, and looks like it was a good decision.

And I am not complaining about the first couple of days, there was plenty of hashrate and got paid fine.
@tio Immature is when a block hash with high enough difficulty is found by the pool, accepted by the nodes and now waiting for confirmation.  Confirmation count depends on the specific coin's setup.
Activity: 17
Just wanted to add, I've been mining on this pool for 3 days now. I like it.  It is stable and the payout is smooth, on time every 24 hours, and no issues.   Web wallet page does not go down like other pools, so that's important.

Will post some profitability comparisons after i setup identical rigs for the test.
tio
Activity: 133
Merit: 7
Blazepool, could you please tell me what does Immature mean?

Pages:
Jump to: