Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing] Canelo Alvarez vs Caleb Plant - page 13. (Read 3384 times)

Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
October 10, 2021, 07:24:42 AM
Going back to the scuffle though, I read that Caleb calls Canelo, mother***er. But Canelo took the word literally, per Caleb and he thinks that he is attacking his mother that's why Canelo reacted in such fashion. I know Canelo has been improving his English in the last couple of years and for sure he knows what mother***er mean. Maybe it was just lost in translation, but Caleb said that Canelo calls Demetrius Andrade the same, after the BJS fight.
Caleb should have known in the first place how Canelo would reach, though he did not take it literally but it's still a big disrespect to him.

Canelo Alvarez is not an American, you can't blame him if he doesn't fully understand the meaning of the words, and they have different cultures, so there's really a conflict calling him a mother ^^^^ker. Anyway,  it happened already, maybe they should just focus on their upcoming fight, and stop those banter of trash talks.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1352
October 09, 2021, 08:24:11 PM
Going back to the scuffle though, I read that Caleb calls Canelo, mother***er. But Canelo took the word literally, per Caleb and he thinks that he is attacking his mother that's why Canelo reacted in such fashion. I know Canelo has been improving his English in the last couple of years and for sure he knows what mother***er mean. Maybe it was just lost in translation, but Caleb said that Canelo calls Demetrius Andrade the same, after the BJS fight.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 338
October 09, 2021, 05:43:41 PM
Rich people who gamblers are smart as well, they will not put a bet when they think it's not worth to risk, and 1.08 may be attractive for some but for other rich gamblers, it may be too low for the return of their money. As a gambler, rich or not, all we want is to win and be satisfied, without achieving that, we will not enjoy gambling, so it's wise if we will just sit this one than forcing ourselves to bet when they are not confident enough
Well there are still people who will want to place a bet on that amount and also there will be who want to risk placing a bet on that odds. Gamblers are gambler, they place bet and willing to take a risk if they saw a potential one no matter how much they will take a risk. I think there will be a gambler who will choose that 1.08 odds and it seems it is interesting to see that fight even though we know that Caleb is on the underdog there will still be a solid supporter for him that willing to accept that kind of offer. 
That's true, a gambler is a gambler...
And aside from that, they just making fun of it no matter what will be the result either they lose or not. We know that Alvarez has the huge potentials to win this fight but we can't make change the minds of the people who support Caleb. Of course, you have to support your fellow countrymen just to boost the fighter. In this world title fight, it was not just because of money why gamblers are taking risks but it was the pride of the country itself.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
October 09, 2021, 05:39:42 PM
Rich people who gamblers are smart as well, they will not put a bet when they think it's not worth to risk, and 1.08 may be attractive for some but for other rich gamblers, it may be too low for the return of their money. As a gambler, rich or not, all we want is to win and be satisfied, without achieving that, we will not enjoy gambling, so it's wise if we will just sit this one than forcing ourselves to bet when they are not confident enough
Well there are still people who will want to place a bet on that amount and also there will be who want to risk placing a bet on that odds. Gamblers are gambler, they place bet and willing to take a risk if they saw a potential one no matter how much they will take a risk. I think there will be a gambler who will choose that 1.08 odds and it seems it is interesting to see that fight even though we know that Caleb is on the underdog there will still be a solid supporter for him that willing to accept that kind of offer. 
That 1.08 odds is not for Caleb, it's the price you will get if you will bet on Canelo to win.

Though the full market is not yet available now, but most likely Caleb odds would be +400, of if you bet $100, you will get $500 in return or a profit of $400. For gamblers who trust the underdog, they would find it attractive, but for those who believe that Caleb has no chance, they might take that -1250 odds.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
October 09, 2021, 05:37:23 PM
Gambling is all about taking chances, if you find value in an underdog there is nothing wrong in placing a bet on that. Majority will not wage money line for Canelo Alvarez but there are other odds available as well where you can place a bet on the rounds then there is Asian Total,winning method and there are plenty of other combinations you can select to wage a bet.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 442
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
October 09, 2021, 05:18:13 PM
Activity: 2702
Merit: 517
October 09, 2021, 05:05:29 PM

1.08 is worth betting because the chance of losing is very slim. You'd have to bet a big amount thought but consider the fight a bit free of risk because Canelo is still in his prime. The contenders he battled with before Plant are even closer to Canelo's level of skills but he overcome them. If for instance there will be an upset, it will also be a terrible loss.

The fight will still be next month, the odds will change when date approaches.

Well, I respect if you feel it's worth betting on that odds. of course, if you have a big amount of money, 8% return is very significant but for most bettors who do not have that, then maybe they will look for a different market with better odds. Betting on the over/under would give better odds IMO, but then, it depends on how you see the risk and reward, it's always the bettor's call in the end.

If he has that amount and willing to take that risk, we all know that there are possibilities is a two-way result even bookies bring that odd and the chances of winning are big for Alvarez. It will be concluded after the fight happened. Different gamblers have their different views about this kind of risk, some who happened to be a fan or more experienced gamblers understand what they are taking and they are willing to invest a huge amount of money to have a good slice of winning money.

No, I will not bet with just 1.08 odds but my word was for the rich people who are willing to just throw huge amounts only to win small while it's not totally risky. But for me who has only $15 extra a week to bet, I'd rather wait for a sports match that I know I can at least get 50% (1.50).  Thats why I said, the odds will change when the date is nearer.

If I can see at least 1.30 I might while I can almost assure myself Canelo will win and at the same time I can say $15 is just nothing if an upset happens.

Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
October 09, 2021, 11:25:52 AM

1.08 is worth betting because the chance of losing is very slim. You'd have to bet a big amount thought but consider the fight a bit free of risk because Canelo is still in his prime. The contenders he battled with before Plant are even closer to Canelo's level of skills but he overcome them. If for instance there will be an upset, it will also be a terrible loss.

Well, I respect if you feel it's worth betting on that odds. of course, if you have a big amount of money, 8% return is very significant but for most bettors who do not have that, then maybe they will look for a different market with better odds. Betting on the over/under would give better odds IMO, but then, it depends on how you see the risk and reward, it's always the bettor's call in the end.

If he has that amount and willing to take that risk, we all know that there are possibilities is a two-way result even bookies bring that odd and the chances of winning are big for Alvarez. It will be concluded after the fight happened. Different gamblers have their different views about this kind of risk, some who happened to be a fan or more experienced gamblers understand what they are taking and they are willing to invest a huge amount of money to have a good slice of winning money.

No, I will not bet with just 1.08 odds but my word was for the rich people who are willing to just throw huge amounts only to win small while it's not totally risky. But for me who has only $15 extra a week to bet, I'd rather wait for a sports match that I know I can at least get 50% (1.50).  Thats why I said, the odds will change when the date is nearer.

If I can see at least 1.30 I might while I can almost assure myself Canelo will win and at the same time I can say $15 is just nothing if an upset happens.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
October 09, 2021, 08:46:03 AM
Caleb for me should take every opportunities to go toe to toe,
with that trash talk that  it's more likely that fans expect him not be lite from this fight.
He should focus more trying his best countering whatever Alvarez will use against him, this incoming fight will be mostly anticipated,

I'm looking forward to that for Caleb too. He should live on his trash talk and proves that he's not just about the mouth. Looks like a distraction to me for Canelo if he will think on that trash talk just to beat Caleb. He should take that as an advantage and destroy Canelo's rhythm.

But he can really do it? Canelo is a boxer that was too focus as always on his match. Canelo is a tough and sturdy wall to destroy for Caleb Plant.

We will find out in their fight, Canelo is always the favorite of everyone's eyes, but Caleb here is trying to play the mind games but we can't also underestimate him because he has the capacity to win, although the odds say otherwise. Caleb is disrespectful and it seems like Canelo take it seriously, whether it's part of the fight promotion but when a boxer feels disrespected, he might be too harsh to his opponent and Caleb should anticipate that already.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
October 09, 2021, 07:36:40 AM
Caleb for me should take every opportunities to go toe to toe,
with that trash talk that  it's more likely that fans expect him not be lite from this fight.
He should focus more trying his best countering whatever Alvarez will use against him, this incoming fight will be mostly anticipated,

I'm looking forward to that for Caleb too. He should live on his trash talk and proves that he's not just about the mouth. Looks like a distraction to me for Canelo if he will think on that trash talk just to beat Caleb. He should take that as an advantage and destroy Canelo's rhythm.

But he can really do it? Canelo is a boxer that was too focus as always on his match. Canelo is a tough and sturdy wall to destroy for Caleb Plant.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
October 09, 2021, 04:49:44 AM
I think the boxing this time is between Canelo vs. Caleb will be fatal, I think this is no longer boxing to win the championship, but a burning revenge boxing.

I just hope it's not just about revenge. Boxing is boxing and with the goal of revenge, it can affect the performance of any fighter. A true will is the determination to win not because of revenge. Fighting with just an act of revenge on a boxer's mind will just result in a pure offense without thinking anything but to destroy the opponent. On the other hand, the opponent is just calmly waiting for the hole.

But I can't think Canelo will just fight because of revenge. He is already a mature boxer just to show all his best for that purpose.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 535
October 08, 2021, 07:39:19 PM
~
It's one thing to attack a power puncher like Canelo, because once you are caught and your chin is not strong enough, then maybe you will be knockout. so it's better for Caleb to adapt new styles and strategies just to keep Canelo guessing what will be his move.
Canelo Alvarez is too smart to understand that a lucky punch could change the fight and with his experience i am sure he will overcome any challenge unless it is from someone who has a strong defensive fight gave as well.

Yes, gone are the days when boxers fought for the glory and all the marbles to be one of the best. Now is pure business and money grabbing.
Every era, the fighters were fighting for money and glory as they have no other job that they like to do other than having a competitive edge over the opponent and during the time of Ali the crowds were bigger but the ticket charges were smaller, it was business as usual and nothing changed in that aspect but the ticket charges are higher and the quality dropped as well.

Caleb can only train on a certain level, otherwise, his body will be on a overtrain mode, and come fight night, he will not have the stamina and the power. No need to overtrain, just enough to peak during fight night.
Caleb has to come out with something extraordinary to win a fight against Canelo, no matter how hard he trains, he is not going to learn a new style in a few months. 
Activity: 1848
Merit: 158
October 08, 2021, 06:04:57 PM

Personally, I have not put a bet with an odds of 1.08 for my money, I feel it doesn't satisfy me and though it looks like an easy win for a fighter that we will put a bet, that thing called "upset", is possible. Based on the betting Odds Converter 1.08 is converted to a 92.6% chance of winning or called as implied probability, which means there's still a 7.4% chance of winning for the underdog.

tools used ; https://www.aceodds.com/bet-calculator/odds-converter.html

You really have a point on this. You can never be sure once they are inside the ring. As we have seen this year, there are several upsets that we've watched. So even if we say the chance of Caleb is slim, we have no idea how he is preparing for this fight. Definitely, he knows he is the underdog here, so we don't know how he is taking this challenge. Because if he is truly prepared and has smart plans, he can pull off an upset. Who knows?
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
October 08, 2021, 04:55:07 PM

Personally, I have not put a bet with an odds of 1.08 for my money, I feel it doesn't satisfy me and though it looks like an easy win for a fighter that we will put a bet, that thing called "upset", is possible. Based on the betting Odds Converter 1.08 is converted to a 92.6% chance of winning or called as implied probability, which means there's still a 7.4% chance of winning for the underdog.

tools used ; https://www.aceodds.com/bet-calculator/odds-converter.html
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332
October 08, 2021, 04:43:58 PM
Anyone will be angry if someone insults him, what else is insulted is: his biological 'mother', well, well, look at this one: Don't talk about my mum! Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez explains how Caleb Plant's family slur led to their on-stage punch-up... warning the American 'you don't want to fight me now'

I think the boxing this time is between Canelo vs. Caleb will be fatal, I think this is no longer boxing to win the championship, but a burning revenge boxing.

The schedule has been set, the tickets have been distributed, inevitably boxing must be carried out, I think this is a big problem between Canelo vs. Caleb, I myself don't like to see Caleb's attitude that has a gay mouth, unprofessional.

Who knows what happened out there for sure? All of this may be scripted, just to get some cheap attention. Perhaps the organizers wanted to fire up the supporters of Canelo, since the ticket sales and PPV buys were low. And it will not be too surprising if the sale figures are low. The maximum interest will be there only if both the sides are of equal strength. Naturally the interest won't be there if one side is expected to dominate the match. That's why there was massive interest in 2017 and 2018, when Canelo fought against Golovkin.
I have my doubts this was scripted and it was probably very real, Canelo is a family man if this was scripted I have no doubts that he could have accepted Caleb talking trash about him as a boxer and maybe as a person as he will understand this is one of the ugly parts of the business, but I really doubt he would have allowed Caleb to say anything about his mother, the other possibility is that there was in fact a plan and Caleb got out of control and insulted the mother of Canelo and now he is mad for real, anyway we are going to find out when they fight, and if Canelo obviously avoids going for the KO and keeps punishing him then we will know he was mad for real.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1050
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
October 08, 2021, 04:31:57 PM

Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
For campaign management look for Little Mouse!
October 08, 2021, 02:37:29 PM

Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
October 08, 2021, 12:00:24 PM

Activity: 2856
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
October 08, 2021, 11:25:27 AM
I think the fight they previously had ( not in the ring) makes people to decide more than Plant has no chance of winning. Look at the odds, at 1.08, I think it's almost impossible for Caleb to make an upset here, and Canelo will be waiting and eager to punish him because of his trash talk that is below the belt.

1.08 is still good IMO. In some of the previous fights, Canelo's odds were 1.025 - 1.030. It makes no sense to bet with such odds, but a lot of gamblers would disagree with me and say that it is just assured winning. At the time when the fight was first announced, I made the decision not to make a bet on this match. I knew that the odds would be insanely low. Even if it is an assured win, if the bet remain this low then I am not going to take it. And BTW, although we call it as an "assured win", there is no 100% guarantee. Upsets happen in the boxing ring every now and then.

No assured winning, but the chances are slim. So as bettors we need to be smart, we need to bet on the most likely who are going to win. ML sucks so we need to look at some handicaps for Canelo.

Hope though that both fighters are going to bring their A-game in the table in this fight, both are predicting a knock out victory, but I would like to see both boxers putting a show, a clinic, technician vs technician. And both possesses a knock out power as well.
As we know everything can happen in a fight so Caleb has some remote chance of winning, but Canelo is in his prime and he is still improving despite all of this, and when we take into account that he seems to take boxing extremely seriously and he never skips a training session then this makes it even more unlikely, as the only way I could see Caleb improving his chances is if Canelo took him lightly but it is obvious to me this is not the case at all.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
October 08, 2021, 10:59:07 AM

We will know that inside the ring, of all of the recent opponents of Canelo, it seems that Caleb is the most loud about it as far as trash talking is concern. Very vocal in attacking Canelo in public and even in their face off. But it's different when they are inside, either he can really has the power to knock out Canelo (which majority of us doubt), or he will just be an ordinary fighter there because Canelo's talent is too much for him.

He should not change, he should keep attacking Canelo for us to see an entertaining fight. Majority of the fans are on the side of Canelo, but if he can upset Canelo here, he will accelerate into stardom and he will get big fights and money going forward. I believe all boxers do not only aim for honor, they aim for money more, so Caleb should train hard to beat Canelo.

It's one thing to attack a power puncher like Canelo, because once you are caught and your chin is not strong enough, then maybe you will be knockout. so it's better for Caleb to adapt new styles and strategies just to keep Canelo guessing what will be his move.

Yes, gone are the days when boxers fought for the glory and all the marbles to be one of the best. Now is pure business and money grabbing.

Caleb can only train on a certain level, otherwise, his body will be on a overtrain mode, and come fight night, he will not have the stamina and the power. No need to overtrain, just enough to peak during fight night.
Pages:
Jump to: