Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing] Canelo vs Golovkin 3 (September 17) - page 11. (Read 8918 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
In comparison to him, Canelo is quite a young man. His age is 32, and I think that he has at least three more years to go in his career before he retires. In all honesty, this has been a great rivalry, and I would like to see it come to a good end. So whatever the odds I will choose GGG in this fight.

32 years is young compared to 40 years old GGG, however, we should think that GGG has not beaten after Canelo beat him, so we cannot tell he is already old, let's just see the fight to prove if GGG is really old, what if GGG will beat Canelo? How would people would think then?
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
That's unfair for GGG, I always do check the boxer's last fight to see how they will perform in their coming fights and so far GGG perform better and had better results compared to Canelo, who was beaten convincingly by Bivol, the fight for me could go either way, yes Canelo is a good body puncher but so is GGG it will count down who can land a better puncher and well prepared in this fight both fighters can win the match it all goes down to preparation for both fighters.

Might seems to be unfair but these boxers who made speculations knows and understands well the actual experience fighting in the ring compare to us speculators and viewers. They will not give their respective analysis without a good basis and set of factors. If we buy those or not, it's on us.

We also have to take note that Canelo prior being defeated by Bivol is an undisputed fighter in the Super Middleweight. He moved up to Light Heavyweight Division that isn't his usual zone (although he already did a fight at this division once before and won) to take Bivol but got defeated that's why I'm not involving the Bivol-Canelo fight as a factor in analyzing this trilogy between Canelo and GGG.

If their speculations will happened or not, only we can see it on the day of the fight.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 128
Vaccinized.. immunity level is full.
-snip
If you think that GGG will win this fight then you have a chance to quadruple your money as the ML odds for this fight had it @4.6 for GGG while @1.16 for Canelo. The bookies think opposite the as they are putting Canelo as the heavy favorite due to age and performance I think. GGG's win against Murata wasn't impressive at least for me while Canelo was putting a typical Canelo show only that Bivol is the better, bigger, and smart fighter that night so he lost but against GGG, no doubt he will win (just my thought).
Attractive odds indeed for GGG, specially for those who wanted a live underdog. And based on the results of the votes, boxing fans wanted GGG to win. I personally haven't bet yet, and I might look for the round range, or maybe going to the distance, we will see.

As for next path that each one will take, for sure, their careers, will continue. But definitely they wanted to end their trilogy and move on.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is going to be the last time that these two fighters will face off against each other.
So, this is the moment when the matter will be finally decided once and for all.

As for triple G, I think that he should actually retire since he is quite old at this point. In addition, I also think that he is still a good fighter, although I do not think that will be the case for the next 3 years or longer. So he should leave the game when he is on top.

In comparison to him, Canelo is quite a young man. His age is 32, and I think that he has at least three more years to go in his career before he retires. In all honesty, this has been a great rivalry, and I would like to see it come to a good end. So whatever the odds I will choose GGG in this fight.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 629
I've seen predictions of the following that Canelo will knock out GGG.

1. Amir Khan
2. Juan Manual Marquez

Their reason is that Canelo is just about in his prime years and GGG is old and 40 years old. And the body punch will be the key for Canelo if he wanted to soften GGG. And then GGG doesn't look good against Murata although he won that fight.

Not sure if we should listen to this former boxers, but they have their own opinion but we already knew those points already.

We should listen to their opinions with a grain of salt hehe. For me, they are right because Canelo is a body puncher that could hurt anybody in his weight division, how much more if it is against a boxer who is 40 years old which in this sport is considered past his prime.

I have read that article also where Amir Khan and Juan Manuel Marquez predict a knockout win by Canelo but have not read where anyone predicting a win by GGG.

The only consolation for this fight is if GGG survives the full 12 rounds and does not get knocked out, that's where I also put my money come September 17, a Canelo win by decision.

That's unfair for GGG, I always do check the boxer's last fight to see how they will perform in their coming fights and so far GGG perform better and had better results compared to Canelo, who was beaten convincingly by Bivol, the fight for me could go either way, yes Canelo is a good body puncher but so is GGG it will count down who can land a better puncher and well prepared in this fight both fighters can win the match it all goes down to preparation for both fighters.
They always say the age of GGG can affect his performance and he is not what he used to unlike during his younger days. But I dont see this as a hindrance for him (take a look to his previous fights wherein he won) to defeat Canelo. Its not surprising if some boxers/trainers are predicting Canelo can knock out GGG because Canelo is still in his prime. But I think there's no knock out that will happen here as I dont think GGG will let that happen. Few more days left before their fight so lets just see.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 564

1. Amir Khan
2. Juan Manual Marquez

Their reason is that Canelo is just about in his prime years and GGG is old and 40 years old. And the body punch will be the key for Canelo if he wanted to soften GGG. And then GGG doesn't look good against Murata although he won that fight.

Not sure if we should listen to this former boxers, but they have their own opinion but we already knew those points already.

We should listen to their opinions with a grain of salt hehe. For me, they are right because Canelo is a body puncher that could hurt anybody in his weight division, how much more if it is against a boxer who is 40 years old which in this sport is considered past his prime.

I have read that article also where Amir Khan and Juan Manuel Marquez predict a knockout win by Canelo but have not read where anyone predicting a win by GGG.

The only consolation for this fight is if GGG survives the full 12 rounds and does not get knocked out, that's where I also put my money come September 17, a Canelo win by decision.

Activity: 2590
Merit: 542
Yes, I do agree that we should take a grain of salt those opinion of former boxer. Amir has been knockout by Canelo so definitely he will have to side with him. JMM is a Mexican and obviously is with the hype on Canelo.

But if Canelo can't knockout GGG in the last 2 fights, I doubt that he can do it in this trilogy. And even if GGG is 40 years old, his chin and body is still solid and haven't been close to be being knock down throughout his entire career.
Activity: 2072

1. Amir Khan
2. Juan Manual Marquez

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1352

1. Amir Khan
2. Juan Manual Marquez

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
Both will have their own legacy, but GGG retiring after beating Canelo, that's a big statement.

Beating Canelo means GGG still has it. Not seeing he will retire if he beats Canelo here. There will be a question on his mind, why he will retire if he was able to beat the current undisputed fighter in the Super Middleweight? Crashing Canelo means GGG can still defeat top-rank boxers in that Division. He can still generate lots of money that's why promoters might convince him not to retire for the moment and will line-up right away a series of fights until he will be beaten.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
But the question is, is GGG past his prime?  He may gotten older but we don't know if the added age has take away his prime condition.  So this match will show us if GGG had already affected by his age and have difficulty facing the younger Canelo.  Unless the "getting old stuff" is shown in the fight, we cannot conclude that GGG is too old to win against Canelo.  Well, there is the possibility but we have to see it to confirm if he is really past his prime.

The question if GGG is still in his prime will be subjective to any people. During his previous fight against Murata (that's also considered past his prime already), GGG struggles in the early rounds. GGG received lots of Murata's blow showing that his defense is not his usual as before. Unfortunately for Murata, even if he connects lots of punches straight to GGG, it's not enough to beat the future Hall of Famer*. GGG, later on, wins via TKO in round 9.

In this trilogy, Canelo is currently at his peak and no doubt,  red-hot in his prime. Way different from GGG's previous fight against Murata. GGG will surely struggle. Canelo laso has the purpose to finally end their saga now that's why I'm expecting him to be aggressive and will try to pulverize GGG in the early rounds if possible.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 588

We never know, right? Golovkin might retire right after he upsets Canelo in this upcoming trilogy, I mean what more he could ask? He already settled his score to his rival, Canelo,
He should, he already has the last laugh and what people will talk about and remember in the future is their last fight not the first, not the second, the one that will linger is the last fight

and for the latter's side, that is very heartbreaking because getting defeated twice in a row in one year will definitely lower his value, especially after the fact that he got defeated by a boxer who is near his retirement.
It's a bitter pill to swallow there's a rivalry between the two that started in the first fight and for Canelo to lose in this fight is a big blow to his legacy, it will leave a big mark on his legacy.

That is really possible to happen because we know Golovkin is not much the type who follows money before fame and for Golovkin, legacy is his priority.
Between the two, Canelo badly needs this win, as I mentioned above he cannot afford to lose, his legacy is at stake here and GGG will never give him a chance, he can retire and just cherish the most important victory, while Canelo will struggle to get in the top again.

We can't really be so sure about Canelo's power this time, as he came from a loss.
He maybe training very hard and will not leave stones unturned to prepare for this fight.
Whereas, the same is also happening from GGG's camp, as he is still underdog with this match.
For the boxing fans, that would be great, because it means, we will be watching a very good fight.

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
well, we never know how GGG is preparing for this fight. for the past couple of fights, for sure, he already got the pointers on how to possibly beat canelo fast, fair & clear. this is why most users in this forum are rooting for GGG this time. if in case they will have the fourth one, they should schedule it as soon as possible while GGG is still up for it because he's not getting any younger.

Yeah, this is my point. GGG must have beat Canelo when he was still in his prime not this time around (at least for me, this is what I'm thinking). Boxing is a sport where age does matter to almost everybody especially if you are a banger where the wear and tear affect you at the tail end of your career.

But the question is, is GGG past his prime?  He may gotten older but we don't know if the added age has take away his prime condition.  So this match will show us if GGG had already affected by his age and have difficulty facing the younger Canelo.  Unless the "getting old stuff" is shown in the fight, we cannot conclude that GGG is too old to win against Canelo.  Well, there is the possibility but we have to see it to confirm if he is really past his prime.
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1198
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

We never know, right? Golovkin might retire right after he upsets Canelo in this upcoming trilogy, I mean what more he could ask? He already settled his score to his rival, Canelo,
He should, he already has the last laugh and what people will talk about and remember in the future is their last fight not the first, not the second, the one that will linger is the last fight

and for the latter's side, that is very heartbreaking because getting defeated twice in a row in one year will definitely lower his value, especially after the fact that he got defeated by a boxer who is near his retirement.
It's a bitter pill to swallow there's a rivalry between the two that started in the first fight and for Canelo to lose in this fight is a big blow to his legacy, it will leave a big mark on his legacy.

That is really possible to happen because we know Golovkin is not much the type who follows money before fame and for Golovkin, legacy is his priority.
Between the two, Canelo badly needs this win, as I mentioned above he cannot afford to lose, his legacy is at stake here and GGG will never give him a chance, he can retire and just cherish the most important victory, while Canelo will struggle to get in the top again.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 674
It's the 3rd fight, so if there's another fight, it will be the 4th. If that will happen, then it's okay because these two are great fighters and they can give real entertainment unlike other chances who are boring to watch as they just want to score and run, this one they do a toe to toe fight, that's why the fans are asking for this fight.

If Golovkin wins this fight, then he may decide to retire. Even if he decides otherwise, I don't think that he will agree to another fight with Canelo. He has repeatedly claimed that he was robbed of wins not once, but twice. So why should he give an opportunity to Canelo, to get even? But then, there will be a lot of ifs and buts. Given the asymmetrical betting odds, no one in their right mind would think that Golovkin is a favorite to win this match. As I mentioned earlier, I have placed a small bet in favor of GGG. But even then, I am not being much optimistic.

That's another option, but if you will ask me, why would he retire if he can still make more money fighting Canelo again?

Here's what I'm thinking that could happen, If GGG cares more about his legacy, then retirement is the best option, but if he cares more about making more money before retirement, then he will continue to fight, whether it's Canelo or another fighter.

GGG will receive all the praise if he can beat Canelo because it's his biggest rival and people think Canelo is better than him, and the fact that he is a heavy underdog now compared to the last two fights, he will get a sweeter victory here. Both will have their own legacy, but GGG retiring after beating Canelo, that's a big statement.

We never know, right? Golovkin might retire right after he upsets Canelo in this upcoming trilogy, I mean what more he could ask? He already settled his score to his rival, Canelo, and for the latter's side, that is very heartbreaking because getting defeated twice in a row in one year will definitely lower his value, especially after the fact that he got defeated by a boxer who is near his retirement.

Activity: 2702
Merit: 517
It's the 3rd fight, so if there's another fight, it will be the 4th. If that will happen, then it's okay because these two are great fighters and they can give real entertainment unlike other chances who are boring to watch as they just want to score and run, this one they do a toe to toe fight, that's why the fans are asking for this fight.

If Golovkin wins this fight, then he may decide to retire. Even if he decides otherwise, I don't think that he will agree to another fight with Canelo. He has repeatedly claimed that he was robbed of wins not once, but twice. So why should he give an opportunity to Canelo, to get even? But then, there will be a lot of ifs and buts. Given the asymmetrical betting odds, no one in their right mind would think that Golovkin is a favorite to win this match. As I mentioned earlier, I have placed a small bet in favor of GGG. But even then, I am not being much optimistic.

That's another option, but if you will ask me, why would he retire if he can still make more money fighting Canelo again?

Here's what I'm thinking that could happen, If GGG cares more about his legacy, then retirement is the best option, but if he cares more about making more money before retirement, then he will continue to fight, whether it's Canelo or another fighter.

GGG will receive all the praise if he can beat Canelo because it's his biggest rival and people think Canelo is better than him, and the fact that he is a heavy underdog now compared to the last two fights, he will get a sweeter victory here. Both will have their own legacy, but GGG retiring after beating Canelo, that's a big statement.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 673
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

Activity: 756
Merit: 629
So Canelo will be trying to find a way to get this fight, but Bivol could very well ignore him.

That depends if he think fighting Canelo is not gonna generate a lot of money, but still, we cannot deny that Canelo generates good PPV numbers and people are still watching him, so I don't think that losing against GGG is going to ruined his career, he can always come back, especially if he will beat Bivol on their rematch.

I didn't think from Canelo's point of view, but from Bivol's point of view - if Canelo loses the fight to Golovkin, then Bivol can easily ignore Canelo, as far as I know he has no obligation to fight Canelo again.
As for a career, of course, it can be resumed, but in the event of a defeat, the myth of Canelo's greatness will be finally destroyed.

I felt that Canelo's words that he wants to end the great career of Golovkin are too disrespectful. Especially considering the fact that Canelo himself was beaten by Bivol and his career is also in question. Maybe this is just a statement to keep up the hype, but in my opinion the words were chosen incorrectly. Now if Golovkin wins, it's more likely that Canelo will be forced to retire, hehe.

We can't blame Canelo if he said those words to Golovkin because he just recently lost his face in the crowd after he was defeated for being too ambitious in getting belts in the higher weight class, I believe Canelo just wanted to lift up the hype again that was once surrounded his name.

Golovkin as usual is still humble after that, but if in any case that Golovkin will be the hailed winner then I really bet that Canelo's name will be destroyed as he will be climbing the ranks again after that and his worth will reduce big time because of that fact. So yeah, he might retire if that happens.

Maybe these words were said just for the sake of hype, but against the background of the fact that everyone has been waiting for this fight for too long and now Golovkin is too old, and against the background of the fact that Canelo is no longer invincible, these words look ugly.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 540
Still nice odds for Canelo to win by decision and knockout. Although majority of us voted for GGG because he is our favorite, but Canelo seems to be on top of his game right now.

So it's hard to go against the favorite in Canelo and most probably as @bisdak40 1.83 odds as show, might not be bad at all to bet, as least medium value bet wouldn't hurt our wallet.
Activity: 2072
If you think that GGG will win this fight then you have a chance to quadruple your money as the ML odds for this fight had it @4.6 for GGG while @1.16 for Canelo. The bookies think opposite the as they are putting Canelo as the heavy favorite due to age and performance I think. GGG's win against Murata wasn't impressive at least for me while Canelo was putting a typical Canelo show only that Bivol is the better, bigger, and smart fighter that night so he lost but against GGG, no doubt he will win (just my thought).

I saw some of the sportsbooks having odds of +550 for Golovkin. Unbelievable, right? If Golovkin pulls this one off, then there will be a lot of shock and awe among the gambling circles. IMO, fair odds would have been -300 for Canelo and +250 for Golovkin. Anything higher or lower will be over-rating or under-rating these two boxers. We have one week to go, and I am still confused whether I should increase my betting amount. Placed a small bet in favor of GGG, and that was only because the odds being so attractive for him.

If you are a GGG backer then there is no problem as almost all of the markets/odds are attractive but not all for Canelo backers.

I'm more inclined now on putting a bet on a Canelo win by decision as I think that GGG would survive the former's body barrage and @1.83 is not bad at all. This would be a risky bet because this might end in an unfortunate way for GGG, he might be knocked out since he is not the same fighter in the first and second fights.

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1352

I saw some of the sportsbooks having odds of +550 for Golovkin. Unbelievable, right? If Golovkin pulls this one off, then there will be a lot of shock and awe among the gambling circles. IMO, fair odds would have been -300 for Canelo and +250 for Golovkin. Anything higher or lower will be over-rating or under-rating these two boxers. We have one week to go, and I am still confused whether I should increase my betting amount. Placed a small bet in favor of GGG, and that was only because the odds being so attractive for him.

I agree, it's hard to not to get attracted to that huge odds before offered by sports bookies on Golovkin. I can't remember if this is the same odds in the second fight, but I reckon that Golovkin is not that huge underdog that time because the first fight could have been gone in his favor. But it seems the odds in the 3rd fight is very weird, Canelo coming from a lost, and then Golovkin winning against a game Murata. So something is not adding right in this fight.
Pages:
Jump to: