Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing]: Ryan Garcia vs Javier Fortuna - July 19 - page 15. (Read 2020 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
Is this Ryan Garcia the one that has challenged Pacquiao before?

Yes, its the same Ryan Garcia who has been calling the legend and even updated us that he will be facing Manny next, but we all know that didn't happen.

TBH, I don't know this Fortuna but with Golden Boy picking him as an opponent of their prodigy then I think this is just a sort of "keep busy" fight for Garcia and the risk of losing is very slim. Cherry-picking as they say.  Grin
Well, that's a possible thing and as an assumption, this could be like that then. This usually happens if they're trying to prepare a bigger fight and just to make the fighter busy, they'll insert some sort of match before the grander one comes in.

I did a quick research for the records of Fortuna and well, this seems to be an uneasy guy. Based on his records and that wouldn't lie, I just appreciate his records.

That has been the 'norm' though, it all started when Bob Arum and Top Rank cherry picks opponent for their fighters and then made in house money. So other promoters such as GBP follow that blue print and now they are doing it for Ryan.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
Why is The Golden Promotion feeding this kind of fight on Ryan he is already ripe he is not a starter boxer he should be fighting the like of Haney, Kambosos, or Tank it seems he is not yet ready for the big fight, big-name fighters in the lightweight division have done a lot and fought the best and win the title, but look at Ryan he is just all talks but he and his promotion cannot back it up.
It's so obvious that The Golden Boy promotion doesn't want to kill their goose that lays the golden egg yet.

It seems like they're taking advantage of his fame but they should let him prove that he could do more. They should give them the spotlight by letting him handle a good match. However, I'm not underestimating Fortuna, he's also a promising boxer but the management should also allow Ryan to face harder matches which could mark so people would really see his full potential.

Yes, Ryan shouldn't underestimate Fortuna, we don't like his performance against Tagoe in his last fight. So he better give us fans our money's worth when we watch this one. I watch Fortuna's highlight, he sure can bang and maybe he will caught Ryan just like Campbell did. I'm seeing that this is another busy fight for Ryan before a big fight maybe at the end of this year, probably December, I reckon. It could be Davis, or another champion in this division.
Some do say that Garcia did well on that recent Tagoe fight but even myself was disappointed on that one if you do really knows or see on how Garcia fights into those years where he hadnt a long break.

Footwork wasnt that good, aggressiveness wasnt good on that too.. Too much confidence but the speed is still there but the sharpness and precision of jabs arent something just like before.

He shouldnt underestimate Fortuna if he dont like for tables to be turned.  Cheesy

25 wins by KO is not an easy opponent so Garcia should not take him as easy opponent since even if he is undefeated if Fortuna's experience will dominate this fight then provably his perfect record will stained by 1 defeat. But most provably their promoter know that Garcia has advantage with this fight and seems they are shaping this guy to stretch his record so that he can get more bigger fights in future.
Activity: 2982
Merit: 678
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Is this Ryan Garcia the one that has challenged Pacquiao before?

TBH, I don't know this Fortuna but with Golden Boy picking him as an opponent of their prodigy then I think this is just a sort of "keep busy" fight for Garcia and the risk of losing is very slim. Cherry-picking as they say.  Grin
Well, that's a possible thing and as an assumption, this could be like that then. This usually happens if they're trying to prepare a bigger fight and just to make the fighter busy, they'll insert some sort of match before the grander one comes in.

I did a quick research for the records of Fortuna and well, this seems to be an uneasy guy. Based on his records and that wouldn't lie, I just appreciate his records.
Activity: 2786
Merit: 646
Why is The Golden Promotion feeding this kind of fight on Ryan he is already ripe he is not a starter boxer he should be fighting the like of Haney, Kambosos, or Tank it seems he is not yet ready for the big fight, big-name fighters in the lightweight division have done a lot and fought the best and win the title, but look at Ryan he is just all talks but he and his promotion cannot back it up.
It's so obvious that The Golden Boy promotion doesn't want to kill their goose that lays the golden egg yet.

It seems like they're taking advantage of his fame but they should let him prove that he could do more. They should give them the spotlight by letting him handle a good match. However, I'm not underestimating Fortuna, he's also a promising boxer but the management should also allow Ryan to face harder matches which could mark so people would really see his full potential.

Yes, Ryan shouldn't underestimate Fortuna, we don't like his performance against Tagoe in his last fight. So he better give us fans our money's worth when we watch this one. I watch Fortuna's highlight, he sure can bang and maybe he will caught Ryan just like Campbell did. I'm seeing that this is another busy fight for Ryan before a big fight maybe at the end of this year, probably December, I reckon. It could be Davis, or another champion in this division.
Some do say that Garcia did well on that recent Tagoe fight but even myself was disappointed on that one if you do really knows or see on how Garcia fights into those years where he hadnt a long break.

Footwork wasnt that good, aggressiveness wasnt good on that too.. Too much confidence but the speed is still there but the sharpness and precision of jabs arent something just like before.

He shouldnt underestimate Fortuna if he dont like for tables to be turned.  Cheesy
Activity: 1526
Merit: 412

This is what I notice also maybe they are doing a safe play to make sure that Garcia will not get stained by a defeat maybe they are planning something huge on his career that's why they make this decision and give him an opponent which he has a lot chance to win.
GBP knows it's risky so they just want to milk their cash cow for as long as they can until it's inevitable to face the tougher boxers. They also want to keep him in top shape while expecting the big names to decline first before negotiating a fight. These kinds of "politics" is just part of the industry now. Gone are the days when they only fight for pride and supremacy.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

Activity: 1302
Merit: 522
Again, I don't know about this opponent of his, I thought he is done with the tune-up, and now he has another tune-up fight? Well, if this is necessary before Garcia will face Davis, then I think I would just accept and watch this fight, I just love to see Garcia fighting Davis and I think I like his chances against Davis.

He will be destroyed if he fights Davis at this stage of his career lol. I used to be a fan of Ryan Garcia but after all of his antics, I doubt that this guy will be a name to watch out for in the future. As what Canelo has said to Garcia, he lacked the discipline and focus on this sport. He just love the limelight on social media which can't help build his career hehe.

The boxing community is tired of Garcia's antics he is just all talks, he talks about fighting Pacquiao, then Davis, then Haney, then Kambosos, and always ends up with unpopular or second-grade boxers, if they keep doing this, Garcia will never become champion or they are waiting for a weak boxer to become champion then that's the time where Garcia will enter, he is looking like a cheap boxer, fighting cheap boxers. 

One thing that will go in Garcia's favor though is that he is still young, so maybe Oscar doesn't want him this early to get damage so he is slowly building him. They are carefully picking his opponents for him, after all he just comeback from his self issues, then move to new trainer so this is sort of a new start for him. But it's going to be certain to happen that this boxers will face each other at 135-140 lbs.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 175
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
Again, I don't know about this opponent of his, I thought he is done with the tune-up, and now he has another tune-up fight? Well, if this is necessary before Garcia will face Davis, then I think I would just accept and watch this fight, I just love to see Garcia fighting Davis and I think I like his chances against Davis.

He will be destroyed if he fights Davis at this stage of his career lol. I used to be a fan of Ryan Garcia but after all of his antics, I doubt that this guy will be a name to watch out for in the future. As what Canelo has said to Garcia, he lacked the discipline and focus on this sport. He just love the limelight on social media which can't help build his career hehe.

The boxing community is tired of Garcia's antics he is just all talks, he talks about fighting Pacquiao, then Davis, then Haney, then Kambosos, and always ends up with unpopular or second-grade boxers, if they keep doing this, Garcia will never become champion or they are waiting for a weak boxer to become champion then that's the time where Garcia will enter, he is looking like a cheap boxer, fighting cheap boxers. 
Activity: 2072
Merit: 542

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

Looks like they are just letting him have some easy fight for exposure of his skills to the fans and I think this is their way of making a start in the future before setting him as a worthy opponent. This is just their safety move since Ryan has not been improving in his last fight and to set him up against a strong opponent is just high risk. I understand how much they take care of their prodigy because it's really hard to refine such talents nowadays because to make a star in the boxing industry is such a battle for the promoter.

How long are they going to do this, check out Haney, Kambosos Tank Davis, and Romero they are making headlines with their main event worthy fight, but look at what Ryan is doing, just doing endless warm-ups I have this feeling that Dela Hoya does not believe that he is capable of winning titles and he is good at doing fights to level B fighters if Dela Hoya keeps giving him this kind of fight, he will become useless, he has to face the man to be the man.
the OP mentioned something about Garcia's mental health issues, I have a feeling Dela Hoya is afraid of Garcia losing especially in high-risk fights. a loss could further affect Gacia's mental health which will affect his performance. that being said, Dela Hoya should not keep Garcia fighting Class B fighters. 

So it means for now, they are very careful with whom Garcia is fighting with. They are selective to their opponents. But with record of Fortuna, he has the chance to defeat Garcia. But in case, Garcia won this match. Their camp should not be very picky as it will indeed affect the reputation and status of Garcia in the boxing world. They need to face who wants to challenge him. This will show his true caliber inside the ring. But sometimes it does depend on the promoter. If they will not let him go outside his shell, he won't progress with his boxing career.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1075

Looks like they are just letting him have some easy fight for exposure of his skills to the fans and I think this is their way of making a start in the future before setting him as a worthy opponent. This is just their safety move since Ryan has not been improving in his last fight and to set him up against a strong opponent is just high risk. I understand how much they take care of their prodigy because it's really hard to refine such talents nowadays because to make a star in the boxing industry is such a battle for the promoter.

How long are they going to do this, check out Haney, Kambosos Tank Davis, and Romero they are making headlines with their main event worthy fight, but look at what Ryan is doing, just doing endless warm-ups I have this feeling that Dela Hoya does not believe that he is capable of winning titles and he is good at doing fights to level B fighters if Dela Hoya keeps giving him this kind of fight, he will become useless, he has to face the man to be the man.
the OP mentioned something about Garcia's mental health issues, I have a feeling Dela Hoya is afraid of Garcia losing especially in high-risk fights. a loss could further affect Gacia's mental health which will affect his performance. that being said, Dela Hoya should not keep Garcia fighting Class B fighters. 
Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

Activity: 1890
Merit: 328

Am tipping Fortuna to come top in this bout with Garcia. He maybe older but his years of experience in the ring is an advantage over the younger fighter. Having had over 40 bouts and won 37 is an impressive record compared to Garcia's over all 22 bouts. I've watched some of Fortuna's fight which nearly ended in death encounter for his opponents. He still has that fight and am hoping he will bring it on against the more flexible ring dancing Garcia. This bout will be a thing of joy to watch. Whoever wins will be deserving it. But I want Fortuna as winner.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
Maybe Ryan is still not that confident to fight those champions that's why he chooses another easy tune up for him in Fortuna.

And just like the rest of boxing fans here, doesn't look good for Ryan Garcia's image now as he was very vocal of fighting Davis but then his promotions are not going to set it up for him. Money is not the problem as we have seen the Davis can draw crowd. But maybe they think that Ryan is not yet ready for a bigtime fight with Davis as this point.

Maybe his promoter is not confident with his performance in his last fight. It was not an impressive win although he won via unanimous decision, so if he could KO his opponent here, then maybe he is ready to face Davis next.

Garcia has a height advantage against Davis, so if he can use that advantage, he might be the first boxer to ruin Davis' undefeated record.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 574
Maybe Ryan is still not that confident to fight those champions that's why he chooses another easy tune up for him in Fortuna.

And just like the rest of boxing fans here, doesn't look good for Ryan Garcia's image now as he was very vocal of fighting Davis but then his promotions are not going to set it up for him. Money is not the problem as we have seen the Davis can draw crowd. But maybe they think that Ryan is not yet ready for a bigtime fight with Davis as this point.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 575
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

Activity: 2898
Merit: 590
BTC to the MOON in 2019
Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen

Activity: 2520
Merit: 783

This is what I notice also maybe they are doing a safe play to make sure that Garcia will not get stained by a defeat maybe they are planning something huge on his career that's why they make this decision and give him an opponent which he has a lot chance to win. Hopefully we can see better action with this fight because if not them maybe there are many fans will just got dismay about this.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 567
Pages:
Jump to: