Pages:
Author

Topic: Broken BTC Withdrawals on Gox -- 2230 EST, 28 JAN: 1654 broken TX!! - page 2. (Read 176945 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Russian rulet have good chanche for win. 1:6  Cheesy

haha, you are right. Wink
on an other thread someone mentioned 15% success rate (based on 73 withdrawals), russian roulette is 16.666%

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Russian rulet have good chanche for win. 1:6  Cheesy
Activity: 42
I withdrew 0.7 BTC yesterday and the transaction has not gone through. (This was to a blockchain.info wallet)

I withdrew 1.1 BTC on Sunday and the transaction went through immediately. (This was to a local Bitcoin qt wallet)

Is anyone else using a blockchain.info wallet?
Your and anyone else trouble are not what wallet we are using. Its about tx spended output where mtgox need to double spend and broadcast tx again.

Hi Alfabitcoin,

I was just wondering, does the sending completely random? or is there a time limit sugested to be kept between withdrawals for higher chance to go through?

or it is just a russian roulette with really low chances of winning?

cheers
legendary
Activity: 945
Merit: 1003
Yesterday I managed to get out a few coins in a couple of transactions.
An hour ago I tried a small (less than 0.5 XBT) withdrawal and its still on on the blockchain...
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
Tried 0.1 a couple of hours ago, and nothing coming

http://coinwatch.wordpress.com/

Good article, blames Karpeles for it:

"According to Bitcoin Developer Mike Hearn, Mt.Gox is running a customized version of the Bitcoin software which is maintained by Karpeles himself, and the ongoing problems are leading to the assumption that for some reason he is currently unable to fix it."

Great article!

Supposed by this guy who saw @magicalfux on IRC, Mark is busying himself by helping imbeciles figure out their scanning software or something:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mtgox-ceo-isnt-mia-451951

Karpeles has so far not commented on the issue, and is apparently not even in touch with fellow members of the Foundation, of which Mt.Gox is one of the two only “Gold” members.

They might try looking to the resort community on the Western end of the island paradise of Cuba.  It's a popular location for those who are on the U.S. govt's shit-list and I've heard that the group water-sports to be found there are not to be missed.

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Tried 0.1 a couple of hours ago, and nothing coming

http://coinwatch.wordpress.com/

Good article, blames Karpeles for it:

"According to Bitcoin Developer Mike Hearn, Mt.Gox is running a customized version of the Bitcoin software which is maintained by Karpeles himself, and the ongoing problems are leading to the assumption that for some reason he is currently unable to fix it."
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I withdrew 0.7 BTC yesterday and the transaction has not gone through. (This was to a blockchain.info wallet)

I withdrew 1.1 BTC on Sunday and the transaction went through immediately. (This was to a local Bitcoin qt wallet)

Your and anyone else trouble are not what wallet we are using. Its about tx spended output where mtgox need to double spend and broadcast tx again.
Activity: 2

Activity: 7
Cypress Hill ~ When The Ship Goes Down =)
Activity: 56
I tried to withdrawl 0.1BTC and it worked... Shocked Cheesy

ok, of course, you paid 1% fee.
Activity: 28
I tried to withdrawl 0.1BTC and it worked... Shocked Cheesy
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
Ah, this is part:

Following the arrest of BitInstant CEO, we believe it necessary to confirm and improve the information we hold on all customers using or having used BitInstant in the past. We understand that this request may create inconveniences but we believe that this is a necessary process to enforce MtGox policy not to tolerate any illegal usages of its platform.

please attach to this email the following documents in order to have your account unlocked

Activity: 2
Same problem!
Did 4 withdrawals and none got through.
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
My god!what's wrong with gox?
I did 22 withdrawals and 0 got through, not even the 0.001 one.

they totally broken down, looking at the piling tx and withdrawal requests
Activity: 17
I did 22 withdrawals and 0 got through, not even the 0.001 one.
My stuck coins returned today and I broke them into three separate withdrawals, guessed what? None got through, stuck again, the dice rolling wining rate now is 0%! what a beauty
Elo
Activity: 14
It is hard to believe that they are having a genuine software problem like this after functioning for nearly 4 years.
A quick search reveals they've had these problems since ever (both duplicate spends and ignoring coinbase maturity).

It's possible that more people are mining to their MtGox addresses now, triggering the coinbase maturity problem.

It's possible also that the two problems are related (failed transactions lead to more failed transactions), and that the problem is exacerbated now that it has caught the public eye and everyone (including me) has rushed to withdraw their BTC.

That still doesn't help us if they lack the technical competence to solve this. Their inability to effect a fix is astounding.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
I looked at a number of the failed transactions on skanner before the api facility was stopped and it seems a lot of withdrawal transactions had several inputs, but one of which had zero balance, an initial double-spend. For example. If customers A and B both try to withdraw BTC within a few seconds of each other their payments would share one input address in common with a balance to satisfy only one customer. Whichever gets propagated through the network first has a successful withdrawal, the other is silently ignored, languishing.

That would be better than the reality.  My stuck tx is a double spend, and the original was included in a block 10 days ago.

That is right MtGox tried to pay me with "coins" they already paid to a completely different customer over a week ago.

Indeed, what you are describing is worse and seems to rule out db race condition glitches. It is hard to believe that they are having a genuine software problem like this after functioning for nearly 4 years.
Pages:
Jump to: