Pages:
Author

Topic: Broken BTC Withdrawals on Gox -- 2230 EST, 28 JAN: 1654 broken TX!! - page 3. (Read 176945 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
seems people are selling their coins in Gox which brought down the divergence(against other exchange) quite a bit over the past 6 hours, why they are selling coins, do they have a better change to cash out via fiat withdrawal? I think fiat still a worst option to cash out for most people.

Also wonder on this, i.e. why price on Gox dropped?

Same pattern you often see with bitcoin trading. There was a large 3000 coin dump and then other people guess that that guy must know something and they just follow. Monkey see monkey do.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
seems people are selling their coins in Gox which brought down the divergence(against other exchange) quite a bit over the past 6 hours, why they are selling coins, do they have a better change to cash out via fiat withdrawal? I think fiat still a worst option to cash out for most people.

Also wonder on this, i.e. why price on Gox dropped?
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
I looked at a number of the failed transactions on skanner before the api facility was stopped and it seems a lot of withdrawal transactions had several inputs, but one of which had zero balance, an initial double-spend. For example. If customers A and B both try to withdraw BTC within a few seconds of each other their payments would share one input address in common with a balance to satisfy only one customer. Whichever gets propagated through the network first has a successful withdrawal, the other is silently ignored, languishing.

That would be better than the reality.  My stuck tx is a double spend, and the original was included in a block 10 days ago.

That is right MtGox tried to pay me with "coins" they already paid to a completely different customer over a week ago.
Activity: 1191
Merit: 506
This is who we are.
Status update: My Bitcoins got refundet to my account aver 7 days waiting....feels so good to have them back Smiley
Great mine were as well,  what you going to try to get the cash this time?  Smaller amount of BTC or legal tender and burn that motherfucker down.
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
Status update: My Bitcoins got refundet to my account aver 7 days waiting....feels so good to have them back Smiley
This is who we are.
Got the timeout message, sent withdrawal request in.. NOTHING. I now have a alarm setup to alert me if btc trade price is crashing.  Mtgox should have been put down after the first 2 times they caused a massive selloff in BTC.  No matter how this ends up with so many exchanges having troubles, btc price is going no where fast so why even bother with it.  Alts day is here and I will be ready.

i managed to withdraw few btc in last few hours, i would say 30% of requested
If you are having any success at all with withdrawals why are you soliciting a class action type legal action in another thread.  If I received a 3rd of my coin missing at MtGox every couple weeks I would be annoyed but not ready to sue.

you think all this shit and deception by Gox is worth covering up, then?

How cowardly.

As far as publicity to this matter is concerned legal proceedings in japan surrounding an exchange that just a quick glance at the price there glaringly illustrates some serious matters not dealt with even after 3 months and certainly already mired down in criminal legal scrutiny from government's is as close to being a brave risk to the point of being disadvantaged.  A annoying delay for any of those funds was something anyone with $$$ at MtGox would have certainly already accepted.
Activity: 56
Activity: 622
You guys are lucky.  I had 0 of 8 withdrawals go through.
Activity: 644
Got the timeout message, sent withdrawal request in.. NOTHING. I now have a alarm setup to alert me if btc trade price is crashing.  Mtgox should have been put down after the first 2 times they caused a massive selloff in BTC.  No matter how this ends up with so many exchanges having troubles, btc price is going no where fast so why even bother with it.  Alts day is here and I will be ready.

If you are having any success at all with withdrawals why are you soliciting a class action type legal action in another thread.  If I received a 3rd of my coin missing at MtGox every couple weeks I would be annoyed but not ready to sue.

you think all this shit and deception by Gox is worth covering up, then?

How cowardly.
This is who we are.

Activity: 11
I just received my first batch of stuck coins back into my account, and the fee has also been credited
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Bitcoin and MtGox the largest frauds in recent history.

MtGox has lost credibility, or at least exchange office does not follow the price at MtGox,
because in November and December of 2013 years, the price MtGox exchange office was allowed to rise without real money. (at push-button up) (great deception)
Now as we can see, MtGox is in big trouble about withdraw money, It is so logical and clear
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Chiming in with my experience... I used the overblown fluctuations of Gox for day trading during the China run-up and never had issues moving BTC in/out. I had 12 coins still sitting there that I attempted to withdraw unsuccessfully on 1/28. I got a form letter reply from support 6 days later stating that everything would be fine, and the coins showed up back in my Gox account after 7 fearful days (note that the transaction fees do not get returned). Last night I tried again with breaking it down to smaller transactions of various sizes and got 5/12 to go through instantly. Differences in transaction sizes this small don't seem to matter (a test with 0.002BTC did not go through, and multiple withdrawals of the same size did not all go through). Now I guess I'll wait another week and repeat the lottery process until I manage to get everything out. Maybe next time I won't be too greedy to ignore months of red flags.

So they don't return your withdrawal fees? Ouch!
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
"Sorry about the charts everyone, MtGox completely changed the data feed and this will need to be rewritten"
http://thegoxreport.com/

It seems that Mtgox is putting more effort into hiding their failed transactions from the public than actually fixing them.

Wow just wow. Let's make sure people don't have any meaningful data to base things on by changing the api format for the data feed.

Roll Eyes
Activity: 3
"Sorry about the charts everyone, MtGox completely changed the data feed and this will need to be rewritten"
http://thegoxreport.com/

It seems that Mtgox is putting more effort into hiding their failed transactions from the public than actually fixing them.
Activity: 23
Ok, I tried to withdraw again today after my btc got stuck and were returned to my gox account. Now it's telling me "invalid bitcoin address". I tried a few different addresses including the one I used for the first withdrawal. Anyone else getting this message?

When you copy/paste, it'll say that if there's a space at the end of the address. It's always what causes that message for me anyway.

Hmm, could be the cause. But I did not change the copy source since the first attempt to withdraw, which "worked" till the coins got stuck. I suspect they've got an empty hot wallet, as explained in some of the answers here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1x3unb/new_trick_of_mtgox_pretending_that_the_withdrawal/.

Yes. It seems that having thousands of failing transactions is just too embarrassing, so better to artificially prevent btc withdrawals by creating yet another "glitch/customer issue"

I looked at a number of the failed transactions on skanner before the api facility was stopped and it seems a lot of withdrawal transactions had several inputs, but one of which had zero balance, an initial double-spend. For example. If customers A and B both try to withdraw BTC within a few seconds of each other their payments would share one input address in common with a balance to satisfy only one customer. Whichever gets propagated through the network first has a successful withdrawal, the other is silently ignored, languishing.

For my part, if btc withdrawl is really due to a technical glitch, then they should suspend btc withdrawls. They should have suspended them as soon as the glitch was first detected. Keeping broken half-functioning features alive scares the crap out of me personally as a customer.

Also, for what its worth, I now think that mt gox should have suspended trades and deposits (with the possible exception of Japanese yen trading)
a long time ago. Instead they should have said that they'd do their utmost to help customers get their fiat until
fiat withdrawls were fully online again and under the circumstances keeping trading operational was unprofessional.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Ok, I tried to withdraw again today after my btc got stuck and were returned to my gox account. Now it's telling me "invalid bitcoin address". I tried a few different addresses including the one I used for the first withdrawal. Anyone else getting this message?

When you copy/paste, it'll say that if there's a space at the end of the address. It's always what causes that message for me anyway.

Hmm, could be the cause. But I did not change the copy source since the first attempt to withdraw, which "worked" till the coins got stuck. I suspect they've got an empty hot wallet, as explained in some of the answers here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1x3unb/new_trick_of_mtgox_pretending_that_the_withdrawal/.

Yes. It seems that having thousands of failing transactions is just too embarrassing, so better to artificially prevent btc withdrawals by creating yet another "glitch/customer issue"

Activity: 350
Merit: 251
Dolphie Selfie

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

Activity: 4
Update - Statement Regarding BTC Withdrawal Delays

Maria Feb 04 • Announcements / Announcements

Dear MtGox Customers,

As noted recently, we are currently experiencing a problem where some bitcoin withdrawals are not being transferred correctly, affecting a limited number of users. Currently the problem is being fixed, but many previous transactions did not go through over the past days. Those transactions have now been returned to customer accounts in full, so any transactions that appeared to be "stuck" should now be refunded.

This problem applies primarily to larger transactions, so we appreciate your patience as we fix the issue. Smaller transactions should be fine in the meantime, and we will update you on the status as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

MtGox Team

I didn't even get refund of my 93 btc. No bitcoin, no balance. Mark Karpeles, return me my money.

http://bitcoinexaminer.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Mark-Karpeles-mod.jpg
Pages:
Jump to: