Pages:
Author

Topic: Broken BTC Withdrawals on Gox -- 2230 EST, 28 JAN: 1654 broken TX!! - page 9. (Read 176945 times)

soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
How can MtGox have maintained its inflated value (presently 114.8% compared to coinbase) and stay in business?  Simple math says buy elsewhere and sell on MtGox and that by many would quickly put it out of business!?  If a MtGox "in-crowd" did exactly that, depleting its fiat reserve while at the same time blocking non-in-crowd btc owners from leaving or selling, it would explain a lot.

So, who would be to blame, MtGox which tried to maintain stability during the crash of April last year by stopping trades (while bitfloor and others traded as usual) as the US stock exchange stops computer trading when it has trouble, or are the US banks to blame, banks that may have punished MtGox for exactly that attempt to maintain stability, e.g. US banks probably the cause for the very sharp rise up over $1000 then almost crash the day before US Senate hearings on Bitcoin?
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
Have had btc in MtGox for almost a year.  Made one or two withdrawals over the last year no problem.  Now, logging in for the first time this year I get "Your account has been restricted from accessing funding options. Please contact [email protected] for additional information on why your account has been restricted."  My shown btc balance is correct however.  Really an annoyance as I need to withdraw some to pay bills.  I suspect the new year celebrations are playing a part.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Activity: 644
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
may be it even wasn´t intended from the get go....but what would you do if there are suddenly 35 million dollars piling up in your hands and you can win a lot of time as everybody

sits on his hand hoping while nobody is threatening you by anything Huh ........ you may need to close the marketshare losening buiseness in the process but WTF another incentive

for not fixing anything....

zyk
They need to be notified by a law -firm that according to their own ToS are now liable to pay out 125 % of the failed transactions in the next 48 hours or otherwise

the police is seizing whats to be had of Marks own stash   Wink
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
I received a response to my support tickets from Gox.

It's a slight glimmer of hope I guess, however, it's quite insulting at the same time. How the fuck am I meant to be reassured that the problem only affects a limited number of users?

I can't see why their developers can't write a script and get these bitcoins moving through the blockchain.

There's a major problem here and I can only logically see it being 1 of 4 things.

1. They've been robbed via a hacker.
2. They're actually insolvent as many have speculated.
3. They're doing a sheep market slow kill type heist by stopping withdrawals and accumulating funds.
4. They're a complete bunch of incompetent fuck wits who don't have the skills to run a bitcoin exchange with a million accounts.

What options do we have? Any forum members have any suggestions? A social media campaign to warn about the risks involved with depositing funds with Gox maybe?

I'm desperate for my btc withdrawal and support ticket responses like this are like I said, insulting.

Jim Support, Feb 01 04:05:
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for the email. Sorry for the delay in responding. For the past few days some of our users have been suffering from Bitcoin Withdrawal delays where transactions could be stuck for several hours or days. Please rest assured that this is only affecting a limited number of users and transactions, and that we are working hard on resolving this
problem as soon as possible.We ask for your patience and understanding as
we work to resolve this issue and will continue to update you on this
matter as the situation evolves.Thank you for your continuous support.

Best regards,
MtGox Team
https://www.mtgox.com
[Attention: Please protect your account using OTP to ensure that your funds are safe and secure. Failing to do so makes your information vulnerable to hackers.
Please visit https://mtgox.com/security]
Activity: 644
Start of my 6th day of waiting for my BTCs, and absolutely no way will Gox even acknowledge my tickets

I will never use Gox again - even when the site works it's a pile of shit anyway, slow and confusing, letting you put in orders without funds, not even an obvious place to look whether you have a deposit confirming (use the blockchain)

Bastards
Activity: 6
I made my first test deposit into Mt Gox today using a small amount of BTC from Cryptsy. It ended up working fine, but Cryptsy took nearly 4 hours to debit my account for the withdrawal. After the Cryptsy debit showed up, my balance was at Mt Gox in about 5 minutes. Been having a fair bit of Cryptsy over the last 72 hours.

Also, can't get a Cryptsy BTC/BTB trade to cancel from 01/18. Have submitted a trouble ticket that has received nothing but "auto-acknowledgment" so far.

Cryptsy seems to be the best alt-exchange out there, but it leaves a LOT to be desired. Anyone else think there is a better alternative to Cryptsy?
legendary
Activity: 1357
Merit: 1004
What are the chances that they honestly return us our coins?

Who honestly knows what's going on at Gox head quarters. I'm hoping that it's a technical problem combined with gross incompetence and that it'll be resolved in the near future.

This is causing me major stress. It's been 8 days since I made a 44 btc withdrawal and I'm still waiting. I have a similar amount of btc on gox that I'm to afraid to withdraw my total net worth is locked up with those assholes . I've sent 2 support tickets without response. It doesn't look good to me and I'm starting to feel like I've been robbed.

I'm trying to keep positive about this.

do you have tx id?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
From another thread on here but incase some of you have not looked at it

https://mtgox.zendesk.com/entries/26501000-Statement-Regarding-BTC-Withdrawal-Delays

This update really says nothing. But it does say you can be rest assured it isnt affecting everyone. LOL as if that makes people who are waiting feel any better.

Gox is a joke and should close up shop. The signs are there for a collapse. It will likely only get worse from here as it only has gotten worse since MTGOX got hacked back in 2011.

Similarly any ponzi scheme will claim that you just "need to wait a little bit longer before you get your money". They do not operate in a reasonable amount of time they take money from one user to give to another. Hoping new suckers send them more fiat so they can pay off their obligations.
Activity: 12

Who honestly knows what's going on at Gox head quarters. I'm hoping that it's a technical problem combined with gross incompetence and that it'll be resolved in the near future.

This is causing me major stress. It's been 8 days since I made a 44 btc withdrawal and I'm still waiting. I have a similar amount of btc on gox that I'm to afraid to withdraw my total net worth is locked up with those assholes . I've sent 2 support tickets without response. It doesn't look good to me and I'm starting to feel like I've been robbed.

I'm trying to keep positive about this.
zyk
they invented this to perpetrate the heist as long as possible....so your lethargy needs to be fixed or this will be the biggest heist in bitcoin - history Wink
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
And it seems to be growing as well, not falling. This has been an issue for months now. Why is it only gox has this issue?

THey need to get this fixed.
zyk
and if they are really working on it then quite successfully but not in our interest because now they are holding back a record 37000 BTC´s !!! Wink

zyk
actually none if Mark is not threatened to lose his own stash by this buiseness practice !
legendary
zyk
the count is back to over 1000 tx failed and nothing went to chain........thats all smoke and mirrors !!
legendary
i made two withdrawals today and they worked, hopefully just technical glitches 
how much?
Activity: 2520
Merit: 950
fly or die
I also had one withdrawal held up in the broken tx list for 2 days, but i just tried another withdrawal (smaller amount) today, almost instant broadcast to the network, doesn't look like liquidity issue at Gox side, maybe some technical glitch.  

Why does that suggest anything? If Gox is wrapping up, they would not just stop sending withdrawals.They would do it proportionately, paying the longest game possible. A con outfit always has some customers that will excuse its behaviour.

That would only be true if people were still depositing millions in fiat or BTC, which somehow I doubt is happening. If nothing much gets deposited, and it's a scam, then just stop pretending, and disappear with the millions you've got.
Pages:
Jump to: