Pages:
Author

Topic: Broken BTC Withdrawals on Gox -- 2230 EST, 28 JAN: 1654 broken TX!! - page 6. (Read 176945 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Soooooooo after all the panic and whining, they are actually NOT stealing the coins, just being slow and incompetent?

How surprising Roll Eyes

how did you figure this out? they told you?

Nope, simply hundreds of peeps got their stuck coins back, if you would read any of the comments Smiley
hundreds Huh in the comments?
post me direct links, will you
I have several people on control, about 5% of txns go through, and they are small. looks like a filter is set on gox side

Well I've been supporting billing systems in the telecoms sector for years, and every time something happened (erroneus bills produced because of a new system patch, or balances not getting topped up because of a bug which we were trying to fix), people would come and accuse the whole company: THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE EXTRA PROFIT! THIS IS HOW YOU STEAL FROM PEOPLE! THIS IS HOW YOU'RE EARNING YOUR SALARIES!

None of that was true of course. There was a glitch time to time, and we, the techies would spend days and nights for weeks, trying to fix it. And after it was fixed, everyone's accounts got sorted out. But in the meantime, we received exactly the same hysteria you're producing now. OMG THEY STEALIN OUR MONIEZ OMG LETS FORM A GROUP AND SUE THEM OMG!

Yeah, they clearly suck, and they're clearly not handling the situation too professinally. But I'm yet to see any actual proof where someone has been actually robbed.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Soooooooo after all the panic and whining, they are actually NOT stealing the coins, just being slow and incompetent?

How surprising Roll Eyes

Nope, simply hundreds of peeps got their stuck coins back, if you would read any of the comments Smiley

Not so fast, crediting back btc to accounts cost them NOTHING. They are just BUYING TIME. Try to withdraw any significant amount from it, and you will see failing again. I've tried several > 5 BTC withdrawals in a raw from the credited back balance, and they ALL FAILED.

It's not a good news at all, it's a another red flag, meaning they try to calm people down without improving the situation. We must act now by legal means.

We have formed a group, and we have around 1400 BTC at stake together. If you want to join us, please PM me.
Activity: 56

How surprising Roll Eyes

hundreds Huh in the comments?
post me direct links, will you
I have several people on control, about 5% of txns go through, and they are small. looks like a filter is set on gox side

How surprising Roll Eyes

How surprising Roll Eyes

Activity: 4
Just reinitiated BTC withdrawal. Transfer again stuck in the blockchain.

How surprising Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
'Good' News, they ain't taking hostage our coins:

My >10 days old withdrawal request been automatically cancelled and returned to my account.

2014/02/04 07:55:50   In      5.00000000 BTC   136.19304189 BTC
Cancelled transfer because of timeout: Bitcoin withdraw to ****
2014/02/04 07:53:36   In      9.00000000 BTC   131.19304189 BTC
Cancelled transfer because of timeout:

Anyone else getting back their btc?

yep my coins are back on the account.
so what am i supposed to do now with goxcoins?

I just tried another 6 btc withdrawal, guess what, its lost again..
ok now i just did a withdrawal for 1.8 btc, this is my new fucking winning strategy, can't believe i am into it. I am waiting for the miracle

alternatively i have a japanese friend, can i get him verified and send coins to his account in mtgox? or it is also a dead end here?

My >10 days old withdrawal request been automatically cancelled and returned to my account.

yep my coins are back on the account.
so what am i supposed to do now with goxcoins?
legendary
Activity: 1357
Merit: 1004

nope yet.
It is really good news!
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

Activity: 16
Guys, after only 2 attempts by Mt. Gox to send my failed "large" bitcoin withdrawal from over 10 days ago, I can see that this TX problem is simply not a "priority" for Mt. Gox. After all, we only represent a "small number of users" and while some people's smaller withdrawals seem to trickle through after 6 or 7 days, the rest of us are watching the list of failed Mt. Gox transactions exceed 1,550 ($33.3 million USD @ Bitstamp). This is $1 million USD more than just this morning, even though the value per coin has dropped!  Shocked

The writing is on the wall. We aren't getting our money. I've waited 10 days, and all I get from support is generic boiler-plate responses.

So, we NEED to get legal representation to seek resolution on our behalf before Mt. Gox goes completely insolvent and we lose everything. My life's savings is tied up in my "final" Mt. Gox withdrawal (I was pulling out all my money because I don't trust them anymore) and here we are... with no one to turn to.

If you have any knowledge of, experience with, or contacts who can recommend an attorney based in Japan who (1) speaks english, (2) works with financial fraud cases, and (3) who is willing to take on a Bitcoin-related case, please post this information here.

I, for one, am willing to contribute a portion of my recovery for the services of a good lawyer if they can recoup our hostage coins. I have already contact my personal attorney, and he'll be drafting a letter on my behalf, but he is not based in Tokyo. We need someone LOCAL to Mt. Gox who can take this to court if need be.

Please post anything you can about identifying a lawyer to represent our interests...
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
For what it's worth, I made 2 withdrawals (purposefully) of slightly over 1BTC each and one hit immediately (the 2nd tx), while the first has yet to arrive (I think I'm going on about 4 days now). So, there's something wrong that they're clearly addressing, I just don't see the rhyme or reason for why some transactions are sent immediately, and others aren't.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Their end to withdrawals in USD (or other fiat) was my sign to leave MTGOX for good. It's been about 7 months since then and am very happy I did.

Good luck to you all who have funds there.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
don't know what to think, withdrew 2.01 btc yesterday and it still hasn't hit the blockchain, created ticket - no response.

tried another 1.8 btc this morning and it went through straight away.

they need to at least copy/paste a response to prevent everyone flooding out of gox.
Activity: 166
Merit: 100
add me to the list.

WTF?
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Now 1931 stuck tx as I'm writing those lines, totalling more than 40000 BTC in outputs. Looks like more and more people smell the shit and try to get out, but without legal action, I fear it's already too late unfortunately.
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
if they are playing the deaf and dumbfounded everyone of em at the helm is a corrupted scumbag, it gets patently clear for what purpose they are set up --- as they are financed by all

those "poor, overregulated" Mt. Gox scams for whom they are complicitly lobbying ------ or better sweeping the "dust" under the rug ! 

zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
for WTF exists a bitcoin - foundation then?  they are surely complicit in this heist with all those scammer personalities at the helm !

being member of BTC foundation leads behind iron bars -----  not sure if they really just worked hard enough for this image yet-  Congrats Wink
 !

Bitcoin Foundation's role is to lobby US congress to influence policy with the goal of minimizing regulations on bitcoin companies.  They aren't Mt. Gox tech support.  When it was forming you could buy your seat on the board with a big donation (like Mt. Gox) made.  These days they are well funded and I think we will see the removal of people that could reflect negatively on the foundation's mission (Shrem, Tux, etc).

if its role is  to keep quiet instead of protecting the community of bitcoinholders and  sell out our interests ( which in this case is only not to be scammed by its own

members!!! )

to the highest bidder then of course its not amazing that the members end up one after the other behind iron bars...and deservedly so !!

lobbying in congress can not be performed by such individuals
Pages:
Jump to: