Pages:
Author

Topic: Broken BTC Withdrawals on Gox -- 2230 EST, 28 JAN: 1654 broken TX!! - page 8. (Read 176945 times)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
I've been waiting over 5 days for my 1.87BTC.

My withdrawal meets the criteria of a small transaction and a long time since trying to get it.
Activity: 56
Just received mine after 8 days.

mind telling us how much?
i have suspicion that only small withdrawals go through
Activity: 40
Just received mine after 8 days.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
around 3.5 coins stuck with gox here, been a week now, I really hope they can solve this crap instead of trying to run away with our money.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
We must act fast, as time flies, our chances of getting our monies back decreases significantly.

not sure that's the best way to go, I suspect it's an issue of needing to get back in the black after the seizure etc, I'm still not sure what happened with the 75 million lawsuit.

we know it's a profitable business, if we demand payment now they may just go bankrupt and we will only receive a portion.

anyone with BTC stuck over the past week but eventually arrived? just want to evaluate if Gx is really resolving the issue or just BS.
Activity: 42
I am in, seems I lost 8BTC so far, happy to contribute to the legal action.
I did multiple withdrawals, I have video recorded all old school way, courts prefer that rather than a camtasia style video can be easily faked.

Activity: 104
I contacted a lawyer in Japan about MtGox withdrawal "problems".

I was surprised he already knew the case because someone already contacted him about it Friday. He said he will be able to take the case. Also, customers grouping dramatically increases chances of success. If you are interested, please reply to this post or PM me.

We must act fast, as time flies, our chances of getting our monies back decreases significantly.

btc or jpy? i have btc

does the layer understand what is bitcoin and how can he make gox pay?

In my case, I have BTC stuck in outstanding withdrawals, and USD balance. The lawyer is already aware of bitcoin as some users already contacted him about the problem.

how did you find him? how much he charges? what is his plan? do we really need a layer by the way, may be we can contact police and other govt agencies?

He was recommended by a friend of mine. His charges will be discussed later and will probably depend on the number of users and total amount involved.
A first step with certainly be a formal request to MtGox and the rest will depend on what they (not) respond.
By the way, I don't see any agency that might help us directly.

I was surprised he already knew the case because someone already contacted him about it Friday. He said he will be able to take the case. Also, customers grouping dramatically increases chances of success. If you are interested, please reply to this post or PM me.

btc or jpy? i have btc

In my case, I have BTC stuck in outstanding withdrawals, and USD balance. The lawyer is already aware of bitcoin as some users already contacted him about the problem.

how did you find him? how much he charges? what is his plan? do we really need a layer by the way, may be we can contact police and other govt agencies?

btc or jpy? i have btc

btc or jpy? i have btc

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
I have no intention of doing anything illegal and plan to pay my rightful share of taxes.  I hope this freeze on my btc held by MtGox isn't anything serious.  Since I am above board with my dealings I may have to remove all my btc from MtGox.

MTGOX shouldn't let people deposit funds before they are verified. Given they do it says they prefer to hold extra funds hostage until people get "verified" to their standards.

I have been fully verified since early last year.  Unaware of the "normal" delay, what is it about a month(?),  I continued to send various documents attesting to the place of my residence and citizenship, documents well beyond what they were requesting.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
I have no intention of doing anything illegal and plan to pay my rightful share of taxes.  I hope this freeze on my btc held by MtGox isn't anything serious.  Since I am above board with my dealings I may have to remove all my btc from MtGox.

MTGOX shouldn't let people deposit funds before they are verified. Given they do it says they prefer to hold extra funds hostage until people get "verified" to their standards.
soy
legendary
I have no intention of doing anything illegal and plan to pay my rightful share of taxes.  I hope this freeze on my btc held by MtGox isn't anything serious.  Since I am above board with my dealings I may have to remove all my btc from MtGox.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Their silence on the issue is a red flag. Sending users boiler plate responses with no value or information is pointless and the only motive could be to BUY TIME.

Any ponzi needs to buy time and sucker new investors to pay old ones to stay alive.

If MTGOX was honest they would have a message on their front page that they are having USD etc withdrawal issues. Instead they do not have this and the average joe goes there thinking they will be able to use their exchange in the traditional sense where you can withdrawal your funds (both fiat and BTC) whenever you want with little to no delays.

4, 5, 6, 7+ days to withdrawal BTC is essentially BS. There is no excuse to not be able to fix this for their users in a reasonable amount of time unless something else happened and they don't want to disclose that.
soy
legendary
Have had btc in MtGox for almost a year.  Made one or two withdrawals over the last year no problem.  Now, logging in for the first time this year I get "Your account has been restricted from accessing funding options. Please contact [email protected] for additional information on why your account has been restricted."  My shown btc balance is correct however.  Really an annoyance as I need to withdraw some to pay bills.  I suspect the new year celebrations are playing a part.

Gox have done this with a bunch of accounts. It means you need to send off documents and get them officially notarized with an apostille. It basically means anybody with Verified that hits a threshold will now need Trusted status. If you have any funds they are basically confiscated until you send docs and get approved, BTC included. It's very odd that they did this just as the BTC withdrawal problem hit.

Odd yes.  The last withdrawal I made to pay bills around Christmas was 1 BTC and it went through perfectly.  There was no additional btc added to MtGox and the value has dropped about $100/btc since then so by any measure the account is less valuable than when I made my last withdrawal.  

Edit: Failing memory, looking back at my records that 1btc withdrawal was early in Dec 13 but later I made a sizable withdrawal to buy a Neptune and by that time the Neptune cost was > than FINCen allows to be sent from the US in one day.  So, perhaps a FINCen objection or a MtGox problem.  I understand I have until June to register my MtGox 2013 account with FINCen, but it will probably happen after I wade thru the instructions for the irs 1040 and have gotten my docs from my US bank which says it will probably mail those on 1/31.  The MtGox account value is such that it has never triggered the IRS $50k requirement but last year could have triggered the FINCen $10k requirement tho the account has always been in btc except for sub-$300 deposits to immediately buy btc.
There is approximately 1300 stuck transactions as we speak, and the problem has been well known and acknowledged for a week now.

In 7 days, I would have the time to send them out myself with bitcoin-qt provided I had access to private keys with sufficient funds. I don't buy the technical issue, I can't believe mtgox techs are not able to fix a system which picks up already spent outputs in 7 days.

So to me, there is only two options:

1. They don't want to send out bitcoins, for whatever reason, perhaps because they try to mitigate the spread caused by bank wire delays.

2. They can't send them out, because they are actually insolvent. Perhaps because of a hack, fractional reserve with bad money management, or even human error causing loss of private keys.

In either case, don't you think we should contact a lawyer ASAP to force them to give us back our money? Even in case 2), I suspect MtGox owners can cover the losses using their personal assets.

Activity: 680
Merit: 500
Have had btc in MtGox for almost a year.  Made one or two withdrawals over the last year no problem.  Now, logging in for the first time this year I get "Your account has been restricted from accessing funding options. Please contact [email protected] for additional information on why your account has been restricted."  My shown btc balance is correct however.  Really an annoyance as I need to withdraw some to pay bills.  I suspect the new year celebrations are playing a part.

Gox have done this with a bunch of accounts. It means you need to send off documents and get them officially notarized with an apostille. It basically means anybody with Verified that hits a threshold will now need Trusted status. If you have any funds they are basically confiscated until you send docs and get approved, BTC included. It's very odd that they did this just as the BTC withdrawal problem hit.
Pages:
Jump to: