Pages:
Author

Topic: Broken BTC Withdrawals on Gox -- 2230 EST, 28 JAN: 1654 broken TX!! - page 4. (Read 176945 times)

Activity: 622
Merit: 500
Ok, I tried to withdraw again today after my btc got stuck and were returned to my gox account. Now it's telling me "invalid bitcoin address". I tried a few different addresses including the one I used for the first withdrawal. Anyone else getting this message?
I am also getting that when trying to withdraw.
Iam too... what is going on!

same here
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Ok, I tried to withdraw again today after my btc got stuck and were returned to my gox account. Now it's telling me "invalid bitcoin address". I tried a few different addresses including the one I used for the first withdrawal. Anyone else getting this message?
Iam too... what is going on!
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Activity: 350
Merit: 251
Dolphie Selfie
legendary
Activity: 945
Merit: 1003
I was lucky to get 2/2 small (ca. 0.5 XBT each) withdrawals out last night.
I'll try my luck again later...
Activity: 2
Chiming in with my experience... I used the overblown fluctuations of Gox for day trading during the China run-up and never had issues moving BTC in/out. I had 12 coins still sitting there that I attempted to withdraw unsuccessfully on 1/28. I got a form letter reply from support 6 days later stating that everything would be fine, and the coins showed up back in my Gox account after 7 fearful days (note that the transaction fees do not get returned). Last night I tried again with breaking it down to smaller transactions of various sizes and got 5/12 to go through instantly. Differences in transaction sizes this small don't seem to matter (a test with 0.002BTC did not go through, and multiple withdrawals of the same size did not all go through). Now I guess I'll wait another week and repeat the lottery process until I manage to get everything out. Maybe next time I won't be too greedy to ignore months of red flags.
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
I really want to believe that Mt Gox is not scamming me. So much of my future depends on getting those bitcoins out. Was even considering going back to college.

But it all could have been a pipe dream.

everyone wants to believe that.......and on this hope and inaction they are able to perpetrate the scam as long as they already do
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
The redaction of scriptSig could backfire them. If someone comes forward and proves that one output Gox claims to own actually belongs to him, then it's smoking gun they are lying and trying to hide something.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Why anyone stayed on Gox after the last few months is beyond me...  

I stayed because they seemed to address their lag issues and figured they'd sort out their delayed fiat withdrawals eventually - most of all though I have more trust in Japanese hosted as compared with eastern European and didn't really want to send my ID to someone else, I didn't like doing it the first time.
Activity: 15
I really want to believe that Mt Gox is not scamming me. So much of my future depends on getting those bitcoins out. Was even considering going back to college.

But it all could have been a pipe dream.
Activity: 47
Somewhat related, I have been waiting more than 105 days to transfer USD out of MtGox into my bank account.  Their stupid support system won't give me a valid reason why it is taking so long.  I am afraid to convert it back into Bitcoin to transfer that out because it sounds like even that won't work.  They are holding my money hostage and I will never be using them again after this.  What frustrates me is that I sold 1 bitcoin when it was close to 200 USD and I have been unable to get that back.  Of course they won't convert it back to the 1 bitcoin I originally had but I chose to sell with them because the price was right at the time.  Ugh!
Activity: 910
Merit: 1005
piuk, so what is you general guess about the situation? should we be calling lawyers? or it is a glitch

In my experience when sending a lot of bitcoin payments it is quite easy to get out of sync with the blockchain and get into a mess which is difficult to untangle - so it is certainly possible that it is a glitch. But I don't really know enough about the situation so don't quote me on that!
Activity: 56
They've change the structure of bitcoin_tx and remove some data for security purposes.. thereby hiding the stats..

< BitCoroner> MagicalTux: why can't we see the raw transactions anymore on https://data.mtgox.com/api/0/bitcoin_tx.php ?
 <@MagicalTux> BitCoroner, because phantomcircuit found a security issue with showing this

Which is complete and utter nonsense.  Every raw tx ever made and which will ever be made is available in the blockchain.  There is absolutely no security issue by making the raw tx known.

Possibly there is. This is a guess, but by making the raw transaction known it could allow someone to alter the DER encoding of the signature scripts producing a clone of the transaction with different hash. If the modified transaction is then broadcast and confirms before the original Mt.gox may check the original transaction hash and see the outpoints have been double spent then resend the payment using new inputs resulting in the withdrawal been paid twice. It really depends on how Mt.gox detects a failed transaction.

piuk, so what is you general guess about the situation? should we be calling lawyers? or it is a glitch
Activity: 910
Merit: 1005
They've change the structure of bitcoin_tx and remove some data for security purposes.. thereby hiding the stats..

< BitCoroner> MagicalTux: why can't we see the raw transactions anymore on https://data.mtgox.com/api/0/bitcoin_tx.php ?
 <@MagicalTux> BitCoroner, because phantomcircuit found a security issue with showing this

Which is complete and utter nonsense.  Every raw tx ever made and which will ever be made is available in the blockchain.  There is absolutely no security issue by making the raw tx known.

Possibly there is. This is a guess, but by making the raw transaction known it could allow someone to alter the DER encoding of the signature scripts producing a clone of the transaction with different hash. If the modified transaction is then broadcast and confirms before the original Mt.gox may check the original transaction hash and see the outpoints have been double spent then resend the payment using new inputs resulting in the withdrawal been paid twice. It really depends on how Mt.gox detects a failed transaction.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

Which is complete and utter nonsense.  Every raw tx ever made and which will ever be made is available in the blockchain.  There is absolutely no security issue by making the raw tx known.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Why anyone stayed on Gox after the last few months is beyond me... 
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
I really don´t get it.....who the fuck is still bidding 930 dollars for not existing, unwithdrawable, doublspend Mt. Vesuvius - fantasy bitcoins ??---thats an unbelievabe 130 dollars more than

for real ones which can be bought and withdrawn instantly at every other exchange -------------------the bitcoin world has become completly lunatic Cool
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
These guys are taking advantage of an unregulated market and the greed of those that have yet to come to harm.

They need exposing for the crook, halfwits or incompetents they really are. The Bitcoin Foundation is also just a pathetic puppet made for the benefit of the few.

Thomas Hobbes versus John Locke

Old Tommy had it right all along.
Activity: 15
ditto @ rikkejohn

they refunded, tried to send again,  lo and behold stuck again

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
.. the longer people pay money into it the longer it will keep the scam up.

Hmm maybe. Are successful withdrawals coming only from new deposits now?
Pages:
Jump to: