Pages:
Author

Topic: Calling top at $16500 (Even Newer!: $2483 bottom 19 Feb 2021 MtGox said so!) - page 25. (Read 24307 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

Even tough I'm totally on the opposite side of SgBett, but stop with this arrogant elitist bullshit. You witnessed just one bubble, and this capitulation never felt like a real capitulation compared to the one in 2015. If he wants the coin with Gigamegs( Roll Eyes) blocks, let him have it - we're all grown ups here.

Most of his calls were pretty good so far - at least give him credit for that. But everyone loses his magic at some point(i.e. Masterluc), so maybe this time it's SgBetts turn.

See that is solid response. No BS. Just truth. I can respect that.

I gotta tell you holding above 9k has me sweating! It was supposed to go up there then roll over! Mind you if my "~2 year winter" call is right, nothing is gonna happen real quick I guess.

It's not. That much has been set in stone for two and a half months now. Move on, start predicting the top of this bull market if you want. Enough with the "but I could have sworn we were still in a bear market" a half year after the bottom was in.

Though I do wonder, in short time you'll find out your big "9500 and then collapse" prediction is wrong. Once that proves to be wrong will you give up on this "the bull market is a bear market" stuff or will you just set you sights higher and start saying oh no it wasn't 9500 it was 12000 or something? Just wondering when this train wreck clown show you've created will end?

If I am proven wrong then I will be wrong, but given this is a long term multi-year forecast that to date has played out pretty much as I said it would then I think we are far from being able to conclude anything yet. We've just got to the ~9.5k mark and it seems pretty tense to me.

Still, I'm under no illusion it could go either way...

I think it is you that seems to be the one with blind faith in this "bull market" Smiley
Activity: 2100
Merit: 813

Even tough I'm totally on the opposite side of SgBett, but stop with this arrogant elitist bullshit. You witnessed just one bubble, and this capitulation never felt like a real capitulation compared to the one in 2015. If he wants the coin with Gigamegs( Roll Eyes) blocks, let him have it - we're all grown ups here.

Most of his calls were pretty good so far - at least give him credit for that. But everyone loses his magic at some point(i.e. Masterluc), so maybe this time it's SgBetts turn.

I gotta tell you holding above 9k has me sweating! It was supposed to go up there then roll over! Mind you if my "~2 year winter" call is right, nothing is gonna happen real quick I guess.

It's not. That much has been set in stone for two and a half months now. Move on, start predicting the top of this bull market if you want. Enough with the "but I could have sworn we were still in a bear market" a half year after the bottom was in.

Though I do wonder, in short time you'll find out your big "9500 and then collapse" prediction is wrong. Once that proves to be wrong will you give up on this "the bull market is a bear market" stuff or will you just set you sights higher and start saying oh no it wasn't 9500 it was 12000 or something? Just wondering when this train wreck clown show you've created will end?
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 5069
but stop with this arrogant elitist bullshit.

No.

#AllBtcForksAreShitcoinScams
legendary

legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1640
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
You assume that these guys ever had any real skin in the game and weren't bought out by the BSV clan to shill for pocket change. Your assumption is bad. Wink

Your assertion is unsupported by any evidence. Perhaps you should be flagged as a liar that merely tears others down through spouting untruths.

Unless, of course, you have any evidence to back your claim. <-- hint, hint
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
(its not mine or torque's or not any BTC'ers loss .... it will only be yours)
You assume that these guys ever had any real skin in the game and weren't bought out by the BSV clan to shill for pocket change. Your assumption is bad. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086
Speaking of all made calls after the event happened is always easy, true BTC'ers as myself (true to the bone) are the ones that see and read and hear all those calls but just think nice or yeah or ... but whatever we HODL and will see what happens, why cause we believe in our product and in what it will achieve as I read here you are a BSV kinda guy believe thats the real deal, then act like one and sell all BTC for it, cause I sure AF don't own any BSV and I will not buy as its below more as most of the sh*t-alts imo.....
I will never support that whats coming from a proven fraud, and will always advice people to stay off that sh*t...

Then I have read tons of guys making right calls and tops and bottoms and whatever, still most of them will be losing there money of there BTC of whatever.....
Also have seen more making mistakes of course and when there call was wrong they just popped up with another one until they have a correct one Roll Eyes

Please do not be another idiote to prefer those sh*tcoins over BTC.

Then again do as you please and be left behind, and your dumb f***  following boys as well.

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 12353
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
Speaking of all made calls after the event happened is always easy, true BTC'ers as myself (true to the bone) are the ones that see and read and hear all those calls but just think nice or yeah or ... but whatever we HODL and will see what happens, why cause we believe in our product and in what it will achieve as I read here you are a BSV kinda guy believe thats the real deal, then act like one and sell all BTC for it, cause I sure AF don't own any BSV and I will not buy as its below more as most of the sh*t-alts imo.....
I will never support that whats coming from a proven fraud, and will always advice people to stay off that sh*t...

Then I have read tons of guys making right calls and tops and bottoms and whatever, still most of them will be losing there money of there BTC of whatever.....
Also have seen more making mistakes of course and when there call was wrong they just popped up with another one until they have a correct one Roll Eyes

Please do not be another idiote to prefer those sh*tcoins over BTC.

Then again do as you please and be left behind, and your dumb f***  following boys as well.
legendary

Hmmm. Like -- just for an example -- Fortune Jack?

The irony is rich.

Hahaha, as if sgbett wasn't slaughtering them hard enough already! They seem to be getting desperate. Sad.

I’m just in the “rope sales” business Wink
Activity: 35
Merit: 1

The irony is rich.

Hahaha, as if sgbett wasn't slaughtering them hard enough already! They seem to be getting desperate. Sad.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1640
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
You'll note *my posts are not investment advice* in my signature . (You know that place where most people link to some pump and dump coin or ICO scam!)

The irony is rich.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
Let us assume a miner decides to roll back segregated witness on what is presently the most valuable chain.  
There is a non-zero chance of this happening- one which Core-ists seem never to discuss as a looming concern or even a possibility. In fact, it is generally waived away as BCash FUDsterism.

It's been pointed out time and time again that 80% of reachable nodes are enforcing Segwit. By any measurable statistics we have, such a fork would be ignored by most of the network. Miners would be on their own hard fork, although really old nodes from 3+ years ago who can barely keep up with the network anyway would be compatible. It's extremely unlikely most of the network will downgrade their software to accept such a hard fork. Why would they do that? Because they want dishonest miners to steal everyone's money?

*Reversing the attack would negate immutability

Quite the opposite. For a strong majority of the network, hard forking our software to remove Segwit would negate immutability.
legendary
Terminated.
Let us assume a miner decides to roll back segregated witness on what is presently the most valuable chain.  
There is a non-zero chance of this happening- one which Core-ists seem never to discuss as a looming concern or even a possibility. In fact, it is generally waived away as BCash FUDsterism.
Fake nonsense and FUD. This would be a HF and my node, just like anyone elses would reject it and the miners would lose their money. Tagged you for posting lies.
Activity: 10
Merit: 4

Given this outcome ,

*All segwit coins become miner property or are hence effectively burned, significantly reducing existing supply
*Reversing the attack would negate immutability

The culpable miners would, of course, have advance knowledge of such an attack and could prepare accordingly- both in trading the markets and hoarding segwit-free coin.

I would like to know how during this hypothetical scenario, from your perspective, miners might decide to support BitcoinSV's doubly forked ledger as the true chain rather than a de-segwitted BTC, when avoiding segwit on the majority chain has been an option all along? It would require something like a total market confidence loss in both halves of the newly split chain for such a switch to make sensible mining economics.

Regarding your current analysis of an extended bear market on the horizon : I believe this would require the above scenario playing out, as we've already seen an 85% correction and time scales relative to previous cycles have been stretched considerably. Indeed, the despair phase may have been internalized by $4 ripple-buying hordes who sold everything at a near total loss last winter and most certainly do not visit this forum.
legendary
Trying to rationalise my action in that context inevitably leads you to err in judgement. My interest in BTC price is quite simple to explain. I'm still interested in seeing whether a forecast I made nearly 2 years ago plays out, because then I get to feel smart. So far so good eh! The battle for 8k is proving interesting isn't it. I've an 8 year posting history that you can psychoanalyse and decide whether 'desire to look smart' fits my personality type. Check Maslow's hierarchy of needs (theory of human motivation) right there under "Self Actualisation" is "Respect of Peers" I bob around in that area most of the time, as the layers below are mostly satisfied. I enjoy posts like this in which you fail to recognise that I called a massive selloff with uncanny accuracy. I'm just lucky though eh?

Another typical bullshit non response. You're sounding like a troll who either hacked or bought this account years ago.

The fact that you still own BTC and care about its price action betrays your true intent. You have no real skin in the game with BSV, because you aren't convinced it is the real deal and will win the hearts and minds. Otherwise you'd be 100% BSV and 0% BTC.

You're showing yourself to be as much of a fraud as CSW with every post.

Where is the fraud. What have I asked of you, or anyone? What have I explicitly encouraged people to do?

Think, McFly. Think!

....AAANND followed by another dodge and redirect.

You should give up attempts at gaslighting sgbett, the technique doesn't work for you.
legendary
Judge Lauda "hereby confirming"... I hope the sources are good and foreign!

You're done. You've played your "sgbett is a conman" card - to which I have responded. I trust people will read and think for themselves.

Hey torque looks like you are as good at reading people as you are the market. At the time I was concerned about Bitcoin's highs and Lows it was 2017 we were fresh off the back of the first fork, I was still in BTC of course I cared. Lets recap:

7th Dec 2017 - Market opens around $14k at mid-day I start this thread calling top at $16,5k price is hovering just under $15k, to much derision and disbelief....

We have broad userbase support at ~$8k, and below that mining ROI support around $5-6k and climbing.

And with all the W$ money coming in, I highly doubt sub $10k coins wouldn't get snapped up in a heartbeat.

20th Dec 2017 - At 3PM you post this - the price is just over 17k, by end of day we were below.

Instead of your top, I'm calling a BOTTOM @ $16,500.

14th Dec 2017 - At 4PM this would have been an amazing call to short BTC at just under $16,5 except you didn't realise it.

This thread must be where the bears hang out.   Wink

Bears on this thread should put their money where their mouth is and short the market.  I double dare ya.

The day after you seem absolutely baffled that I can separate what I might want to happen, from what I think will happen. Has it crossed your mind yet that I'm just calling what I see? I like to predict things. I like to be right. Whereas you seem to be saying things you hope might be true. What on earth gives you the idea that core will increase the block size - have you really not been paying attention?

Read a bit further up the thread, I'm what some might call a "bcash shill" and even I am saying we could see anything up to $80k in the short term.

I don't get it sgbett. How did you become a BCash shill and still be rooting for Bitcoin?

You do realize that when Bitcoin gets a block size increase (and it WILL eventually) then BCash will become completely obsolete?

I suggest you go read what I said in this post I dont just predict price movements. I tell you plain as day what I see happening. (again, not what I *want* to happen. What I *wanted* to happen was for core to increase the block size do segwit as a HF and let hashrate decide. Fortunately that did not happen, because it led to where we are to day and that is a *really* good place from my perspective).

Jan 24th - At this point you can't bear what is unfolding so you just resort to this crap...

Well, you got 'em. Was $3122 low enough? Would opening a short at $16,5k and closing it at $4,1k have been a satisfactory trade?

sgbett, if you really thought that BSV is the "one true and real Bitcoin", then you shouldn't care about BTC's tops and bottoms. Like at all. In fact not only should you not care, you shouldn't own any BTC at all.

I really do think BSV is Bitcoin, I know you all find this impossible to fathom. Consider this, I too have thought BTC was Bitcoin, I know what made me think that. I have seen both sides and have come to a conclusion based on the information I have. The way you characterise what I think as inconceivable demonstrates you haven't given it any consideration. You instantly reject anything that contradicts your long held belief, because to change your mind now is also inconceivable to you. It is literally painful. Mental anguish. I have felt it. I remember it even now. It hurt.

Trying to rationalise my action in that context inevitably leads you to err in judgement. My interest in BTC price is quite simple to explain. I'm still interested in seeing whether a forecast I made nearly 2 years ago plays out, because then I get to feel smart. So far so good eh! The battle for 8k is proving interesting isn't it. I've an 8 year posting history that you can psychoanalyse and decide whether 'desire to look smart' fits my personality type. Check Maslow's hierarchy of needs (theory of human motivation) right there under "Self Actualisation" is "Respect of Peers" I bob around in that area most of the time, as the layers below are mostly satisfied. I enjoy posts like this in which you fail to recognise that I called a massive selloff with uncanny accuracy. I'm just lucky though eh?

The fact that you still own BTC and care about its price action betrays your true intent. You have no real skin in the game with BSV, because you aren't convinced it is the real deal and will win the hearts and minds. Otherwise you'd be 100% BSV and 0% BTC.

Where is the fraud. What have I asked of you, or anyone? What have I explicitly encouraged people to do?

Think, McFly. Think!
legendary
Hello I'm sgbett. My motivation for posting is being right on the internet, you may have met my sort before.

Flick back through the thread, and look for all the people telling me I was crazy for saying it would go below 4k.

Look for all the people that said my 16.5 top call was crazy.

sgbett, if you really thought that BSV is the "one true and real Bitcoin", then you shouldn't care about BTC's tops and bottoms. Like at all. In fact not only should you not care, you shouldn't own any BTC at all.

legendary
Terminated.
I still think Bitcoin goes to $560k, just that there has been a series of setbacks.
You are hereby confirmed to be a malicious individual trying to harm the general public with lies. Archived for reference. More people will be supporting the flag and possibly tagging you for the continuous spread of lies. I'm also glad that I've managed to flag BSV as a scam too.  Smiley

Whatever slurs and accusations are thrown at me simply do not have merit. I am simply a reasonable person with an opinion that is different to you. Your actions speak much louder than your words.
Spreading factually incorrect information =/= different opinion. It's called being dishonest or lying, which you are.  Smiley
legendary
Hello I'm sgbett. My motivation for posting is being right on the internet, you may have met my sort before.

Flick back through the thread, and look for all the people telling me I was crazy for saying it would go below 4k.

Look for all the people that said my 16.5 top call was crazy.

Imagine how nourishing those posts are to my type Smiley where is everyone now, ah yes still here ridiculing me for suggesting that winter is yet to come. We'll see. Having no horse in this race makes it much easier to remain objective.

I look at all the information I have and I predict what I think is most likely. I've been watching BTC price for years and so I feel like I have a good handle on how it behaves over longer time periods - this thread is a good example, here's another example from a few years ago. Remember what I 'm saying will happen now was what I said many months ago; short term calls a crap shoot. I don't trade, and I wouldn't advise anyone else to unless they enjoy gambling and know that is what they are doing. I am not anti gambling - your sig is just fine Wink (it's your reaction I'm interested in)

I still think Bitcoin goes to $560k, just that there has been a series of setbacks.

As to my comments on BSV, well you asked...

I honestly believe BSV is project that is most accurately delivering Bitcoin as I envisaged it would be all those years ago. I'm telling people what I think because I feel obligated to pass on the good news, to those that care to hear it. I certainly don't think people should go out and dump BTC and buy up BSV based on my opinion though. I cant stress enough that people should be going out and finding things out for themselves.

People could read about how BSV is being massively scaled on chain to allow for incredible new use cases such as Neon Planaria.

People could go read the old source code and look at the opcodes that were available in the early versions that hinted at what was to come such as OP_PUSHDATA4 (imagine having an opcode that pushes 4gb data to the stack, I wonder what that is for?)

People could go back through my post history to verify the claims being made about me by everyone in this thread that berates me.  

Note well,  that I am not telling anyone to do anything other than inform themselves. I am not telling anyone to believe what I say without question. People must decide what is true and what is not true for themselves. Do not trust me. Verify me. I believe in the truth, I am not afraid of the truth. Even if that means I am wrong about things.

Whatever slurs and accusations are thrown at me simply do not have merit. I am simply a reasonable person with an opinion that is different to you. Your actions speak much louder than your words.

The well is already deadly, but if you're looking to invoke forum rules to shut me up, I guess you could go down that route, but think on...

"You can't win, Lauda. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." Wink
Pages:
Jump to: