Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin End World Poverty? - page 31. (Read 63023 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 268
January 24, 2018, 06:38:46 PM
I don't think so. Bitcoin is just a cryptocurrency and even when it gets legalized all over the world, we cannot guarantee still that everyone will use it as an instrument to escape poverty. The one that must make way or make solution to end world poverty is the government and all of us. The changes start within ourselves and if the government will stay corrupt, poverty will never be gone.
Activity: 378
Merit: 0
January 24, 2018, 06:25:19 PM
Bitcoin is cryptocurrency or you can call virtual money. So, this use only internet user and most probably rich man. Bitcoin price is so high and continue its up, down. So, it is not possible to end poverty.  Wink
Activity: 29
January 24, 2018, 06:09:20 PM
Bitcoin is not magic. It cannot produce bread and milk, which is exactly the thing would solve the poverty issue in the world.
Activity: 293
Merit: 100
January 24, 2018, 06:04:53 PM
First we need to analyze the root cause of poverty. The main reasons are over-population, corruption and lack of education. And I don't think that Bitcoin can eradicate any of these root causes. So there is no chance that Bitcoin will be able to reduce the incidence of poverty in the world.
Yes, I agree. Bitcoin is a very big help to the economy but it doesn't mean that it will end world poverty. It is just lessen world poverty not end. Bitcoin help many people for everything. It helps them to gain an extra income to support their daily needs, to support them financially. There is a possibility too that it can end world poverty but it depends on how you work in this.
Activity: 95
January 24, 2018, 03:20:39 PM

I think Bitcoin can not remove any country's poverty. Because, what is Bitcoin? To understand it, it will need skill. All the people of the country can not do their skills, so poverty will not go away.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
January 24, 2018, 02:15:54 PM
First we need to analyze the root cause of poverty. The main reasons are over-population, corruption and lack of education. And I don't think that Bitcoin can eradicate any of these root causes. So there is no chance that Bitcoin will be able to reduce the incidence of poverty in the world.
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
January 24, 2018, 01:57:59 PM
I also agree with you, bitcoin is a solution to reduce the unemployment rate of each country, but it's not that easy
There should be cooperation from the government, how to make bitcoin can be known by everyone
The most important thing is government support first
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
January 21, 2018, 04:28:47 PM
Of course not. As any currency, bitcoin is a representation of value but not a value itself (in the same way that you can't end poverty just printing money)
Poverty are a lot of causes, and it's independent from the currency that you are using.
Activity: 13
January 21, 2018, 03:54:12 PM
Surely bitcoin is neutral with respect to poverty and inequality, not redistributive nor charitable ?.  As with $, holders of bitcoin might choose to be philanthropic with it, but so far usually have not.

With bitcoin being as inedible as money, it certainly won't directly feed the unfed.

Where I see it helping though, is from the prohibitions in blockchain of certain corrupt institutions spending all the money in the world and then awarding themselves some more to spend.  If and only if bitcoin becomes the preferred pricing means for crude oil, soya beans, wheat, and the majority of third world export commodities, to the extent that a stable bitcoin price exists for those, then the exporting hardworking countries will be protected from the flood of unjustified bailout money which presently supports corruption and impoverishment in the commodity producing countries and enrichment of unproductive managers above them.

Stamping out corruption and unearned richness is not quite the same as ending poverty, but surely a step in the fair direction ?
Activity: 168
Merit: 106
No success in a short time
January 21, 2018, 03:18:23 PM
It could be, but it needs evaluation and development
As we all know not everyone can use bitcoin, especially in areas where the majority of citizens are not familiar with the internet
Need introduction of technology first before discussing bitcoin
Activity: 194
January 21, 2018, 01:43:43 AM
I don't see how bitcoin is helping people in Africa getting food or avoiding wars.

I think it depends on people how they use bitcoin.  Bitcoin is the one who can help us to our financial problem, bitcoin is have the ability to end poverty in a country. 
Activity: 77
Merit: 17
January 21, 2018, 01:31:25 AM
For me it is need to be balance because if all of the people use Bitcoin, the poverty of the country will arise because no one will make a business in order to have Bitcoin. So we need to limit the spread of Bitcoin users so as not to break the economic growth.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 536
January 20, 2018, 07:24:45 PM
I do not understand why this debate is taking so long. The answer was simple and clear, and a website also showed the addresses of all Bitcoins. As you can see from that website, many Bitcoins are in the hands of very few groups, please remind someone if they know this website.
Activity: 266
Merit: 27
January 20, 2018, 04:03:47 PM
it wont, be it might save countries going through a severe crisis. Take the example of Venezuela. One year ago, a bottle of water was 1200 bolivars (~$1). Today, the same  1200 bolivars are LESS THAN ONE PENNY. For them in order to buy anything, they need to carry millions of bolivars. Have a read : www.itmtrading.com/blog/venezuelan-currency-crisis/
Activity: 434
January 20, 2018, 01:33:26 PM
I think bitcoin doesn't help to solve the problem of world poverty, because that he is like any other investment like gold or diamonds or stocks. The rich will use it to solved this problem if they want to do a lot of adjust a team work then solved this problem.
Activity: 249
January 20, 2018, 01:03:34 PM
No there is no reason why it should , just like in real life in crypto you need money to make money which has the result that the richer get more rich.
Activity: 468
Merit: 250
January 20, 2018, 12:32:11 PM
It is very interesting if there is a study of whether bitcoin can end poverty, I think it takes a long time, it is not easy to get the bitcoin at the moment, let alone the bitcoin price is very expensive, 1 btc = $ 12,000, for the poor it takes more than a year work to earn 1 btc.
Activity: 392
January 20, 2018, 12:27:04 PM
Its not possible, i think you should have ask if cryptocurrency can end poverty and not bitcoin....
Activity: 420
January 20, 2018, 12:24:52 PM
It will not literally end poverty it will just lessen it by a rate, by investing into bitcoin you don't need anything you just have to have knowledge about it, remember that unemployment issue is the top reason for poverty.
Activity: 229
January 20, 2018, 11:57:48 AM
People can use it as a tool to make more money to make themselves richer by increasing their net worth but expecting bitcoin to end world poverty makes no sense to me. Bitcoin can change an individual's financial status and  economic status. And the solution for world poverty is to start in the smallest component of the community which is one's self
I don't think so. Poverty is some kind of personal thing, people have all their lifetime in order for them to get out of the rat race.Also if they discovered Bitcoin like a year earlier they could be earning by now online, also I don't think that it is possible to aid all poor people when it comes to earning online as some of them lack the capacity to operate a computer or any gadget.
We can't deny that Bitcoin has helped many people get out of the poverty. However, to end world poverty is impossible. There are many illiterate people, people who don't have anything except clothes to wear. They will and forever can't touch to technology stuff. They don't have knowledge to use that. There are millions of people like that, we are unable to help all of them.
Pages:
Jump to: