Pages:
Author

Topic: Can ethereum be beat Bitcoin - page 9. (Read 2056 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100
April 30, 2018, 08:34:50 AM
I don't think that will be possible. Atleast not now. Bitcoin is years ahead of ethereum at this point in both usage and sentiment, definitely can happen in the future though.
Agree, many exchanges market still depend on Bitcoin movement for set raising crypto prices signal. As we can see from some time while ago when Bitcoin was starting down, others coins mostly altcoin was following going down including Ethereum. So i think it's very difficult for Ethereum to beat Bitcoin with current this kind conditions.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
April 30, 2018, 07:45:59 AM
Bitcoin has a lot of disadvantages, but on the market it is the  reference for other coins. It's like a gold in crypto world. Also the supply is not so is comparing to other coins. In my opinion it will stay, even if it will not be used on normal day activities.
Activity: 322
April 30, 2018, 07:34:22 AM
Everything is possible, we can not know in advance what will happen, but only guess. It is possible that Bitcoin will fall very soon, but everything else will rise sharply. anything can happen.
Activity: 22
April 30, 2018, 06:50:12 AM
Ethereum is not a currency but a token,
although bitcoin and ethereum are based on block-chain technology in my point of view,
ethereum will one day outperform Bitcoin.
Probably not in the near future but the Ethereum concept will definitely catch up on Bitcoin.
Activity: 602
April 30, 2018, 06:36:52 AM
Ethereum's progress is even more exciting than Bitcoin when market shares of crypto money are examined. Whether Etherum Bitcoini can be completely eliminated, it is not known, but it will not be surprising to see that it will gain more market share in the future
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
April 30, 2018, 04:19:43 AM
do not close the possibility of the ethereum will be following the bitcoin. But if expecting this to happen certainly not things that can be done quickly. ethereum has movement to say slow so maybe it took years.
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
April 30, 2018, 04:00:25 AM
No, for me Ethereum cannot beat Bitcoin’s price since they are both have potential and in demand. Just in terms of its marketcap, Bitcoin is really beast and as you can observe everytime bitcoin will fall the ethereum too.But if that dependence to bitcoin that ethereum has will stop then maybe that time Ethereum can beat Bitcoin already.
Activity: 112
April 30, 2018, 03:47:52 AM
Ethereum is mooning incredibly with stability, But bitcoin still a volatile coin. Lots of crypto expert telling that 2018 Will be for Ethereum. So, what do you think, Can Ethereum beat Bitcoin?

Sorry For bad English. I am trying to improve it.

Thank You, everyone.
Ethereum coins do have a chance to beat Bitcoin. But not for this year because I believe 2018 is still the year for Bitcoin. Maybe someday this will happen because surely it takes a very long time if Ethereum wants to replace Bitcoin. Not as easy as we imagine.
Activity: 196
April 30, 2018, 03:02:06 AM
I do not think that will happen.
Bitcoin will stay better than ETH.
Bitcoin is higher in value and the increase is quite significant than the ETH that tends to be more stable, but the stability of the price occurs only slightly increased.
Unlike the case with Bitcoin that can rise drastically.
I do not think Bitcoin can beat him including ETH.
This is what attracted a lot of people to Bitcoin that can raise big if ETH can not.
Activity: 448
Merit: 101
April 30, 2018, 01:46:34 AM
While it is true that ethereum seems to be a more functional cryptocurrency than bitcoin in certain aspects, I am convinced that if ethereum had the potential to displace bitcoin from its place of predominance, that would have happened some time ago.

I believe that in case the bitcoin gets displaced by some altcoin, I have many doubts that it is ethereum who achieves it, since both cryptocurrencies begin to feel the pressure for the new technologically more advanced altcoins that have been emerging recently.
There was no big progress in the whole digital market, which includes bitcoin too, until last year. Things were never as good as they are now. Ethereum makes progress after bitcoin. It can’t move forward on its own. Since the beginning of the crypto market, it has competed bitcoin and is number one rival too but never came even a little close to defeating bitcoin. I admire Eth a lot but BTC is unbeatable.
Activity: 252
April 29, 2018, 06:53:57 PM
the fact is ethereum is more stable then BTC , but its increasing very slowly you have to wait enough to see reach it to the level of BTC.  Btc raised so fast it took only some months to reach this high, but ethereum is taking time , i think it will take atleast 1 year to reach this point.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
April 29, 2018, 04:39:43 PM
I don't think that will be possible. Atleast not now. Bitcoin is years ahead of ethereum at this point in both usage and sentiment, definitely can happen in the future though.
I completely agree with you About the real possibilities of Bitcoin and its relative history. But only the etherium has many more prospects, which appear especially today. The fact is that thanks to its protocol, many companies create their own coins.
this is so and therefore the demand for the etherium is growing in the market. Of course this is a positive moment. But we must remember that with the rise in the price of the etherium, there will be a rise in fees for each transaction. And this is already a little pleasant phenomenon for all users of crypto currency.
Activity: 644
April 29, 2018, 04:09:46 PM
I completely agree with you About the real possibilities of Bitcoin and its relative history. But only the etherium has many more prospects, which appear especially today. The fact is that thanks to its protocol, many companies create their own coins.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
April 29, 2018, 01:35:30 PM
IMO, I think Ethereum has more to fear now than Bitcoin, most of these new projects now the likes of EOS, Tezo, ICON, NEO etc are all in for the position of Ethereum, and with the improvement they are promising especially with the transaction speed and transaction fee, I think they one of them will catch up with Ethereum
Activity: 350
Merit: 111
April 29, 2018, 10:42:28 AM
Another excuse why Ethereum's price is rising is that most of the existing and emerging Ethereum platform. With the bump in the application, there will then be a rise in demand for ether. Also, moreover than the terrific functionality, we can expect this year that this will moreover be a era for Ethereum to acceptance to performing arts along with bitcoin.
Activity: 154
April 29, 2018, 09:35:34 AM
Easily, BTC cannot rise due to scaling issues. Miners and the core team won't update BTC software, so if the growth continues, it won't just be Ethereum. Start thinking of ways to get control of BTC away from greedy people.
Activity: 280
April 29, 2018, 05:19:31 AM
My wet dream is closer to realization every day buddy /\

The backbone infrastructure of web 3.0 will be worth a hell of a lot more than a new global asset class.

> World superpowers like CHINA and the USA want their currency to be the world reserve currency, not some crypto asset. They can and will pressure other countries to use the dollar and yaun. Bitcoin has no army or physical influence, it will be big, but not world reserve currency bitcoin. It could easily take up a large portion if not utterly replace defacto reserve assets like silver and gold in the coming decades though.

> Investing in Ethereum and other smart contract platforms is like investing in the underlying infrastructure of the internet 20 years from now and being able quantify and have a stake in ALL of the wealth flowing through that infrastructure. Imagine if everytime two computers communicated with one another you got payed. That's the power of platforms like ethereum and I fully believe it will be one of if not the leading infrastructural standard. The whole internet and all the wealth flowing through it is worth magnitudes more than the world's gold supply.

If BTC is worth 300-500K in 2040 than ETH is easily worth 800K to 2mil

But please, do worry about your short term fundementals, this will change how world economies and networks fundamentally work. Limiting ourselves to short term implications is generally pointless when looking at the environment more abstractly.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
April 29, 2018, 04:49:13 AM
The chance of ethereum to beat bitcoin is certainly huge, as we know that ethereum has not reached 5 years but marketcap is already over $ 70 billion, while bitcoin when 5 years of marketcap is not more than $ 1 billion, and I'm sure someday ethereum will beat bitcoin.

LOL.
Dude what are you dreaming of?! Cheesy
Ethereum will never replace or beat Bitcoin. A Flippening is a wet dream of pure Ethereum hardcore believers.
I would say study the fundamentals of Bitcoin and Ethereum first and then you should know why this will not happen. Furthermore have a look how many competitors Ethereum is facing while Bitcoin is having none. Since 9 years no real competitor.
At least you made me laugh while having a nice breakfast this morning. Grin

Activity: 294
April 29, 2018, 04:38:20 AM
I do not think Ethereum will beat this year's bitcoin. The difference between ETH and BTC is too far away. ETH will be exhausted in the pursuit of BTC. It is very difficult for any altcoins to beat bitcoin, because bitcoin has a very high quality and price, and is very difficult to pursue.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 255
April 29, 2018, 04:36:06 AM
The chance of ethereum to beat bitcoin is certainly huge, as we know that ethereum has not reached 5 years but marketcap is already over $ 70 billion, while bitcoin when 5 years of marketcap is not more than $ 1 billion, and I'm sure someday ethereum will beat bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: