Pages:
Author

Topic: Can maths help you win in gambling ? - page 19. (Read 6399 times)

legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000
December 16, 2017, 02:26:37 AM
Maths could help us win in gambling if you're playing the right game . Example : Poker ... Of course lucky is the decided thing.

Not only poker but also sports. If you analyze the leagues and games and if you develop a system and good staking plan you can use maths and probability to bet smart and to be in profits. You don't need to have high win rate, you just need to realize what probabilities you are working with.
I wasn’t able to make a link between math and winning of a sports match by some team. I mean, how really this is possible because as far as my knowledge is concerned the only thing that enables a team to win is just their own efforts not the math.  I guess you want to say that they solve questions of math and practice different formulas before the playing the match, if they do I haven’t heard about such blooper.
Math is something totally different from the winning of some sports team. As you said that teams win their matches by hard practices and putting all of their efforts which at last bore fruits for them. Math can only help them to make their strategies of how to play, in what circumstances which decision is to be made and things like that; it cannot help them win the match because no player had ever said that math was helpful for them in winning however they usually say their efforts bore fruit.
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
Personal text: “The Internet of Sovereignty”
December 15, 2017, 11:39:22 AM
I'm not sure mathematics can affect the victory of a gambling. I am more sure if a gambler makes more practices on his or her skills and being good at playing a gambling trick, then a greater victory may become hers or his.
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
December 15, 2017, 08:33:53 AM
interesting😃... sometimes it helps because in gambling you need to be alert also in figure, it makes sense when you’re good in mathematics because usually a gambler is fast to calculate on figures, therefore yes math can also help in some ways, but of course in gmbling, Luck also plays role always, because if it is your lucky day day, it should be your win day too😃
Activity: 1414
Merit: 574
December 15, 2017, 05:19:30 AM
Gambling is an uncertain game and we just rely on luck. I do not think mathematics would matter in the gambling game. Whatever we do like doing calculations then it will not have a significant impact. Mathematics will not mean in gambling and gambling does not require math to be able to achieve victory. Only luck can change everything. So multiply prayer than you should think to calculate what you want to get.
It can use but it doesn't guarantees winning, most often gambling relies on luck, it doesn't matter whether you calculate it for long hours or long days it will not really determines the probability of winning.

Not most often but always gambling relies on luck. If we are not lucky then there is no way for us to win. Sometimes we think that we are one of those lucky player but in fact we are not. The math formula is just going to let us know what our chances to win so it helps us in a way as well so I wouldnt say that it is useless at this point
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097
Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh
December 15, 2017, 05:08:08 AM
Gambling is an uncertain game and we just rely on luck. I do not think mathematics would matter in the gambling game. Whatever we do like doing calculations then it will not have a significant impact. Mathematics will not mean in gambling and gambling does not require math to be able to achieve victory. Only luck can change everything. So multiply prayer than you should think to calculate what you want to get.
It can use but it doesn't guarantees winning, most often gambling relies on luck, it doesn't matter whether you calculate it for long hours or long days it will not really determines the probability of winning.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 15, 2017, 04:27:00 AM
Maths could help us win in gambling if you're playing the right game . Example : Poker ... Of course lucky is the decided thing.

Not only poker but also sports. If you analyze the leagues and games and if you develop a system and good staking plan you can use maths and probability to bet smart and to be in profits. You don't need to have high win rate, you just need to realize what probabilities you are working with.
I wasn’t able to make a link between math and winning of a sports match by some team. I mean, how really this is possible because as far as my knowledge is concerned the only thing that enables a team to win is just their own efforts not the math.  I guess you want to say that they solve questions of math and practice different formulas before the playing the match, if they do I haven’t heard about such blooper.

Well not really. Stats and records are numbers that can affect the result of any sport. Figuring out the math to see which player or team has the advantage can really give you a big advantage
Activity: 686
Merit: 253
December 11, 2017, 02:51:27 PM
When you bet as an expert in a game of gambling you already take into account your 'experience' which is nothing but fixed patterns in your brain and how you are well used to the game. Mathematics also can deal with these patterns in terms of probabilities and can help to some extent in predicting the outcome of a bet.

Tossing a coin can give you head or tail. 50% chance for either of the two. But if you continuously get a 'tail' it is just a coincidence but the person tossing the coin and which coin is used and where it is being tossed - all these can be accounted for - to create a pattern in prediction. In the same way in any gambling maths can help to a certain extent.

But when you take games like blackjack or roulette the number of parameters affecting the game are very high. Further, the variance is too high to make a prediction as the study probabilities will not help determining the outcome. It is alright to play once in a while but continuous gambling will lead to doom! All prediction is to help you at what time point you should stop playing!

Predictions are almost always non-existent, I agree with you there.. Getting stuck in a mindset that you somehow can tell the future is extremely dangerous and even though you may have been lucky 10 times in the past that does not mean you will automatically be correct the next 10 times.

I agree that the patterns some people get suck in are dangerous. I should know as I've been stuck in the same mindset previously.. All good now though Cheesy.

Maths is best when you want to calculate but it will not at any point help in the determination of a right bet/decision to gamble and hence i will conclusively state that it can  not help you win in gambling. Even certain gambling games are based on pure luck and not skill and  so even the molst skillful mathematician will could fail at those games.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 6138
Meh.
December 11, 2017, 08:25:57 AM
When you bet as an expert in a game of gambling you already take into account your 'experience' which is nothing but fixed patterns in your brain and how you are well used to the game. Mathematics also can deal with these patterns in terms of probabilities and can help to some extent in predicting the outcome of a bet.

Tossing a coin can give you head or tail. 50% chance for either of the two. But if you continuously get a 'tail' it is just a coincidence but the person tossing the coin and which coin is used and where it is being tossed - all these can be accounted for - to create a pattern in prediction. In the same way in any gambling maths can help to a certain extent.

But when you take games like blackjack or roulette the number of parameters affecting the game are very high. Further, the variance is too high to make a prediction as the study probabilities will not help determining the outcome. It is alright to play once in a while but continuous gambling will lead to doom! All prediction is to help you at what time point you should stop playing!

Predictions are almost always non-existent, I agree with you there.. Getting stuck in a mindset that you somehow can tell the future is extremely dangerous and even though you may have been lucky 10 times in the past that does not mean you will automatically be correct the next 10 times.

I agree that the patterns some people get suck in are dangerous. I should know as I've been stuck in the same mindset previously.. All good now though Cheesy.
Activity: 340
Merit: 124
December 11, 2017, 06:44:21 AM

Activity: 68
Merit: 0
December 10, 2017, 04:50:49 PM
Maths for me only valid once and can't be used for longterm. In gambling, any possibility can always happen so that maths can be countered with ease.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Janinjo tips
December 10, 2017, 03:43:22 PM

Activity: 280
December 10, 2017, 03:38:28 PM
Activity: 182
December 10, 2017, 12:33:12 PM
Sometimes. Most of the gambling games are about numbers so when we are talking about numbers mathematics will exist. In some games you should know how to count, add, subtract, multiply and divide because this is how you will win the game.
Activity: 154
December 10, 2017, 12:27:39 PM
Maths can help you to make the strategy to win in gambling but it is not guarantee you the winning but it will lead you to the winning post. Basically in gambling only luck only reflect in winning nothing else it is my personal experience. 
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
December 10, 2017, 11:57:39 AM
No maths can't determine the results if they are probably fair but math's probability equations can find out probability of your winning which will not allow you to win anything, it will just give you idea what is your chance of winning that bet.

Gambling is purely based on your luck.
Yes bro, it can be used as basis but we cant relied on it, its always luck who will bring profits but nonetheless no actual source of information which we can get to help us even math cant calculate that, just an assumptions but nothing is for sure.

Luck, and only luck will bring good result inside our gambling activity.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 10, 2017, 11:24:30 AM
No maths can't determine the results if they are probably fair but math's probability equations can find out probability of your winning which will not allow you to win anything, it will just give you idea what is your chance of winning that bet.

Gambling is purely based on your luck.
Activity: 240
December 10, 2017, 11:16:34 AM
Nah.. It's all luck brotherr..
Or count cars, which probably isn't a good idea lol
Activity: 182
December 10, 2017, 11:14:49 AM
I just read one article that's about math can help you win at roulette game then i want ask with you all, did you believe math can affect to gambling games? i'm not expert in math so i don't know

this is the article that i readed.
http://theconversation.com/can-maths-help-you-win-at-roulette-69440
There are many perceptions regarding this topic but i don't think math can help you win in roulette or any other game , though it could help you at at some extent but not winning. If a person is familiar with the concept of combinations and permutations then the math can be really useful to the person.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
December 10, 2017, 11:08:27 AM
LUCK can be on your side not maths
As luck plays a key role in gambling not the math because gambling totally revolves around luck. This we can prove from the fact that not every gambler who is good in math wins every game, also the players who are more experienced but very weak in math win in more ratio because there experience to tackle situations is more. Math can help a gambler to avoid taking wrong decisions but here also experience has more priority than math.
Exactly I do agree with your words, gambling is mainly based on luck so how come maths plays a role in playing gambling. Maths can be helpful for trading, maths nothing to do with gambling. Gamblers never think of about maths, only traders are in line with maths
I do accept what you are telling without luck you cannot win any game. Even I also don't know how people use math in gambling. But I heard that people could do calculations when they play skill games. I will just calculate how much I lost and how much I gain apart from this I will not do any calculation while playing gambling.
There are really players who do make use of calculation regarding on their bets either on risking a certain amount to possibly win some amount. We dont know such thing since we arent there to play it. We do have different fields knowing that there are lots of types of gambling games which would differently need different strategies.Some may help some may not as being said here luck would really be always the main thing why we do won.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
December 10, 2017, 11:04:43 AM
LUCK can be on your side not maths
As luck plays a key role in gambling not the math because gambling totally revolves around luck. This we can prove from the fact that not every gambler who is good in math wins every game, also the players who are more experienced but very weak in math win in more ratio because there experience to tackle situations is more. Math can help a gambler to avoid taking wrong decisions but here also experience has more priority than math.
Exactly I do agree with your words, gambling is mainly based on luck so how come maths plays a role in playing gambling. Maths can be helpful for trading, maths nothing to do with gambling. Gamblers never think of about maths, only traders are in line with maths
I do accept what you are telling without luck you cannot win any game. Even I also don't know how people use math in gambling. But I heard that people could do calculations when they play skill games. I will just calculate how much I lost and how much I gain apart from this I will not do any calculation while playing gambling.
Pages:
Jump to: