Pages:
Author

Topic: CEX.IO Withdrawal times - any experience? - page 12. (Read 8438 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
October 12, 2017, 05:11:40 AM
I see a lot of people feels the same with me.

I'm still waiting my withdrawal request 7646.56 USD and 9950 USD since long time ago to receive in my bank account! and they took a long time (like two weeks) to just confirm the transaction. so crazy
That's a lot of money!
Something that still doesn't make sense with my mind is my second withdrawal arrive earlier in my bank account than my first withdrawal.
 Sad
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
October 12, 2017, 04:59:33 AM
Let me add to the choir.

I requested a SEPA withdrawal of about 10000 € on 14th Sept (confirmed on 20th Sept) and the money have not yet reached my bank.

Actually all the withdrawals requested on that period got several degrees of delay. I also noticed that the bank from which the withdrawal are arriving is different from the previous one, and that the cents of the sum have been "rounded out" (= stolen).

Any request to CEX.io got the same elusive replies as you are reporting here: their answers basically mean no answer at all. What irritates me most is the phrase: "Unfortunately, we cannot influence this process somehow". So they sent money out, and have no way to check/influence the process? If I execute a SEPA transfer from my bank I can at least get from them information of its status: why cannot they?

Anyway.. Now at least mbtctrade finally got his money. Please let's chime in when (if) anyone complaining on this thread will receive his as well. Thanks!

Rodry

I've got feedback from cex yesterday regarding the investigation with their bank.

They've been elusive saying that payment was returned back by correspondent-bank, however it was already re-sent via another correspondent-bank.
Now I am asked to wait more, by 2017-10-16 while previously they said to wait by 2017-10-10.

I do have some idea why all this happens although I don't know why so many issues with the new bank from where they are sending now... mbtctrade says he got the funds from a german bank while I used to previously receive from Paysera LT.

At that moment around Sep 14th Finance told me that they "stop cooperation with Paysera" and I suppose the bank closed their accounts.
My last smooth SEPA transfer arrived in less 48 hrs from Paysera in Sep 13th.
After that date everybody start complaining ...

Can you please confirm what is the bank they used to send you funds? the german bank?
can you please give me details IBAN, BIC code, and very important the company name from where money are sent?

Thanks,
Activity: 23
October 11, 2017, 11:33:11 AM
Let me add to the choir.

I requested a SEPA withdrawal of about 10000 € on 14th Sept (confirmed on 20th Sept) and the money have not yet reached my bank.

Actually all the withdrawals requested on that period got several degrees of delay. I also noticed that the bank from which the withdrawal are arriving is different from the previous one, and that the cents of the sum have been "rounded out" (= stolen).

Any request to CEX.io got the same elusive replies as you are reporting here: their answers basically mean no answer at all. What irritates me most is the phrase: "Unfortunately, we cannot influence this process somehow". So they sent money out, and have no way to check/influence the process? If I execute a SEPA transfer from my bank I can at least get from them information of its status: why cannot they?

Anyway.. Now at least mbtctrade finally got his money. Please let's chime in when (if) anyone complaining on this thread will receive his as well. Thanks!

Rodry
October 11, 2017, 04:07:25 AM
I've been waiting for my wire withdrawal as well since Sep 20, 2017. This is quite unacceptable how long it's taking. They will not provide confirmation of wire transfer and have not responded to my support ticket recently. If anyone is from CEX.IO support, my ticket is 354551 and I'm missing my withdrawal of $9980.22. It's way too long for a wire transfer.

Still waiting for my 8556.47 eur SEPA withdrawal confirmed on Sep 14th... this is so outrageous!

I have asked several times for the proof of transaction from cex for mainly 2 reasons: 1) bank evidence that money were actually sent and 2) a proof for my bank to try to trace the money

As many times I asked for it, that many times cex just ignored my request.

Every time the support just ask to be patient in a half-template reply ...

On my last exchange with Dale C from Support - I can't believe what I read - I am asked to check with my bank ?!?
But where the f** is that proof of transaction I requested so many times so I can have the means to check with my bank Huh

Activity: 10
October 11, 2017, 02:50:16 AM
I've been waiting for my wire withdrawal as well since Sep 20, 2017. This is quite unacceptable how long it's taking. They will not provide confirmation of wire transfer and have not responded to my support ticket recently. If anyone is from CEX.IO support, my ticket is 354551 and I'm missing my withdrawal of $9980.22. It's way too long for a wire transfer.

Be prepared to wait a little longer Sad

My withdrawal was confirmed on Sep 13 and I'm still waiting
Activity: 2
October 10, 2017, 09:39:45 PM
CEX
legendary
Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003
October 10, 2017, 04:59:20 AM
When do I receive my tickets to cex 13 days waiting for you?
at least the money is accepted from you, on hold pending withdraw

We are apologies for the waiting, we have sent you request, we will return here or support will answer you in the ticket.
Activity: 475
Merit: 127
October 09, 2017, 12:23:55 PM
When do I receive my tickets to cex 13 days waiting for you?
at least the money is accepted from you, on hold pending withdraw
CEX
legendary
October 09, 2017, 11:50:06 AM
Activity: 17
October 09, 2017, 09:41:14 AM
@mbtctrade, @ARTHurt, their website does mention it takes 20 banking days for a SEPA withdrawal. Though that's ridiculously long, I'm curious to understand if it's just a matter of patiently waiting for it, or if these transfers sometimes really don't come through and requires a lot of back and forth to get it rectified?

Did anyone here ever got in a situation where the money was not recovered? I.e. let's say after 2 months you still didn't get a resolution?

20 days is a statement to have themselves "covered".
Of course SEPA can't take that much.
Even swift is faster, it goes through in abour 3-5 days
Obviously, when 20 days have passed it deffinitely is an issue and cex assumes to start investigation process.

As far as I know cex is paying, regardless the possible issues and huge delays.
Also, most of the times, the transfers go smooth, no issues at all, I don't even know why sometimes they run into such issues.
The problems are on the payment partner's side or the banks they use.
So it's not cex directly dealing with the payer's bank and even in case of problems I suppose it's more difficult to investigate because they need to escalate to the payment partner which is then dealing with the bank.

I know for sure this happened before, I've seen older topics for similar issues and I'd really want to know how long it takes to have a resolution and money received but it seems people keep going with their lives after receiving the transfers because no feedback afterwards.
At least nobody complain that cex never paid them after problems were signaled, nor saying problems were settled after specific time.

For me atm, 17th working day so far and no money from SEPA

FYI, I have just received the money today. Exactly 20 banking days since I requested for the withdrawal.

I agreed with @ARTHurt regarding the 20 banking days statement. CEX.IO use that statement to cover themselves just in case. I contacted my bank and they stated that usually it takes 2 - 7 banking days for SWIFT transfer. Below is the summary of how long it took for my three withdrawals with CEX.IO.

#1: 7 banking days
#2: 10 banking days
#3: 20 banking days

Judging from my experience the more times I withdraw from CEX.IO, the longer it takes for the money to arrive at my bank account. This does not take into account the fact that you may be asked to complete an extra AML/KYC form (like @moonoiz and someone else already mentioned in earlier posts) in which CEX.IO may use as a reason to delay your payment even further.

For experimental purpose, I tried to withdraw from another exchange during the same period and it took only 2 days.

Like @ARTHurt mentioned that this happened in the past, it is happening now and potentially happen again in the future. This does not taking into account the fact that you will have to deal with the support team that does not so responsive. I can't imagine what would happen if I don't post my case to social media. May be I still don't have the money by now.

For me, 20 banking days is too long. The faster the money arrive at my bank account, the more opportunities for me to make profit. Don't forget that cryptocurrencies exchanges open for 24/7 so, in fact, Sat and Sun also counts (not just banking days).

So think carefully when are using CEX.IO's services. If you don't mind having someone else keeping your money for up to 20 banking days (or may be even longer like 38 days like what @paraelement mentioned in his post here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=318010.2380) then that's fine. If you choose to use their services, I hope you are not the lucky one.
October 09, 2017, 08:46:34 AM
Thank cex comed my money  Grin
CEX
legendary
October 09, 2017, 06:28:53 AM

https://support.cex.io/hc/en-us/requests/347398

I'm waiting for answers for days I need the money
 Cry

Dear user, please send us your ticket number so we can check your case. Thank you in advance
October 09, 2017, 01:46:54 AM
@mbtctrade, @ARTHurt, their website does mention it takes 20 banking days for a SEPA withdrawal. Though that's ridiculously long, I'm curious to understand if it's just a matter of patiently waiting for it, or if these transfers sometimes really don't come through and requires a lot of back and forth to get it rectified?

Did anyone here ever got in a situation where the money was not recovered? I.e. let's say after 2 months you still didn't get a resolution?

20 days is a statement to have themselves "covered".
Of course SEPA can't take that much.
Even swift is faster, it goes through in abour 3-5 days
Obviously, when 20 days have passed it deffinitely is an issue and cex assumes to start investigation process.

As far as I know cex is paying, regardless the possible issues and huge delays.
Also, most of the times, the transfers go smooth, no issues at all, I don't even know why sometimes they run into such issues.
The problems are on the payment partner's side or the banks they use.
So it's not cex directly dealing with the payer's bank and even in case of problems I suppose it's more difficult to investigate because they need to escalate to the payment partner which is then dealing with the bank.

I know for sure this happened before, I've seen older topics for similar issues and I'd really want to know how long it takes to have a resolution and money received but it seems people keep going with their lives after receiving the transfers because no feedback afterwards.
At least nobody complain that cex never paid them after problems were signaled, nor saying problems were settled after specific time.

For me atm, 17th working day so far and no money from SEPA
Activity: 6
October 09, 2017, 12:09:58 AM

Have CEX contacted you informing about KYC procedure ?
October 08, 2017, 04:20:25 PM
Thank cex comed my money  Grin
Activity: 21
October 08, 2017, 03:26:56 AM
Ask CEX.io for the Swift MT103 confirmation letter. This can be produced by their sending bank.

This is a letter that you can then take to your receiving bank to try to find the funds.

CEX.io can only provide this for you if they've actually sent the money.

They might charge you for this though. Good luck
Activity: 1
October 07, 2017, 03:36:31 AM

Activity: 17
October 06, 2017, 06:35:57 PM
Dear CEX.IO,

Seeing your post recently, I hope you could help me with my case.

I have initiated two fiat SWIFT withdrawals on 11 Sep 2017 and 15 Sep 2017. Both of them have been marked completed. It has been nearly three weeks for the first one and two weeks for the second but the money has not been deposited to my bank account. I have contacted my bank and they confirmed that the SWIFT transfer takes two to seven days. I also tried withdrew a larger amount of money via SWIFT from another exchange and it took only two days.

I asked the Compliance team about the status and when the money will be deposited to my bank account. Here's what they replied "To clarify actual status of your funds you should contact your bank. Once funds left our bank account, we have no information about their current status.". I find that the reply is not reasonable because:

1. In general, when you want to trace something, you would need to trace from the source not the destination. What the Compliance team told me is like asking me to trace my fund from the destination which is weird. What if the fund never leave the source in the first place? How can the destination bank trace the fund?

2. The Compliance team simply asked me to contact my bank without providing any support documents. How am I going to tell my bank that someone has already transferred the money to my bank account? It would be very difficult for the bank to believe me without any evidence.

3. Although, I think it is CEX.IO's responsibility to find out the status of my withdrawals (since you are one who provide services not me), I am willing to trace the funds by myself. Just give me documents showing that you have already transferred money to my bank account.

Dear Mbtctrade, please provide you ticket number, please accent our apologies for the delay. Thank you in advance!

My ticket number is 342266.

Dear CEX.IO,

It has been three weeks and I still am waiting for the money from my withdrawal initiated on 11 Sep 2017 while I have already received the money from the other withdrawal (initiated on 15 Sep 2017). Thank you for that. I find it strange that the money from the 3rd withdrawal arrived at my bank account before the one initiated earlier. At least it arrived at my bank account despite the fact that it took two weeks for the transfer.

Please help to follow up with the remaining withdrawal request. It has been three whole weeks!

Dear Mbtctrade, our my apologies for the delay in responding, you have detailed information on your withdrawal request details in your mail

Dear CEX.IO,
Thank you for the information. I have checked my mail. The provided attachment only shows something like an internal record showing the date, my bank account no., my name and the amount of money. If you provide it to prove that you have already transfer the money to my account, I might believe that since I have already received money from the other withdrawal. But if you provide it for me to trace the money, I don't think I can use it since it is not an official transfer slip from a bank.

Right now, my main concern is when the money will be deposited to my bank account. It has been three weeks!

Dear CEX.IO,

According to our discussion via ticket #342266, the Finance Team asked me to wait until 9 Oct 2017 to see if I will received the money. And if I don't you will initiate the investigation process with the bank. I then wait. But somehow about 6 hours ago, my ticket was closed/resolved. Please note that you should not have done that since I have not confirmed that I received the money. I have been waiting for nearly a month (25 days or 19 banking days to be exact) for the payment. Still not received it and you just closed my ticket without asking me? What can I say here? Please don't do that again until I receive my money. I would suggest you start the investigation process now since I anticipate that I wouldn't received the money by 9 Oct 2017.
CEX
legendary
October 06, 2017, 07:48:37 AM
I'm in the same boat Sad

Today will mark working day 14 since my withdrawal was 'confirmed'. Support have responded pretty quickly, but every message is just 'Please be patient'

What happens when it exceeds 20 days?

If there are delays, thats not a problem. I'd just like to know whats going on. At the moment I'm down 10000USD with no idea where they money is or when I'll receive it.

Did similar withdrawals on Kraken and it took about 3 days.

Can you please send your ticket to us so we can find out what is the problem? Thank you in advance!
Activity: 10
October 04, 2017, 03:05:06 AM
I'm in the same boat Sad

Today will mark working day 14 since my withdrawal was 'confirmed'. Support have responded pretty quickly, but every message is just 'Please be patient'

What happens when it exceeds 20 days?

If there are delays, thats not a problem. I'd just like to know whats going on. At the moment I'm down 10000USD with no idea where they money is or when I'll receive it.

Did similar withdrawals on Kraken and it took about 3 days.
Pages:
Jump to: