Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 12. (Read 6588443 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Anyone is mining ETH  on  RTX 3080   ?   my  maximum  hashrate is  90.5MH/s    average  89,5MH/s   I saw  on  youtube  one  guy reaching  98MH/s  even  100MH/s  sometimes .
any suggestion  about   how to inprove   hashrate on  RTX 3080
Activity: 220
Merit: 12
"GPU5 - not enough GPU memory to place DAG, you cannot mine this coin with this GPU"

This is on Windows, RX580 8GB. Started yesterday on 2 out of 5 mining rigs with the same setup. Is this the beginning of the end for Claymore 15 or is there enything I can do?

Hi,

Add "-eres 0" in .bat

it works, thank you very much

yes with -eres 0 works again,
Thanks
Until epoch 379.
Activity: 848
Merit: 500
What happened to Claymore developer? It was THE best miner back in the day...

WE DON'T KNOW--

His last BitCoinTalk post was 11 NOV 2019, his last known wallet transaction was in July.  Various rumors have been posted, like:

1) He died when he wrecked his Lambo!
2) He became a hermit on his own private island.
3) He drinks too much and does not give a s**t.
4) He is quietly waiting for BTC to hit $50K, and ETH to follow (like me).
5) Make up your own for amusment...

--scryptr
He is She!
legendary
Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

WE DON'T KNOW--

His last BitCoinTalk post was 11 NOV 2019, his last known wallet transaction was in July.  Various rumors have been posted, like:

1) He died when he wrecked his Lambo!
2) He became a hermit on his own private island.
3) He drinks too much and does not give a s**t.
4) He is quietly waiting for BTC to hit $50K, and ETH to follow (like me).
5) Make up your own for amusment...

--scryptr
Activity: 9
Merit: 1
"GPU5 - not enough GPU memory to place DAG, you cannot mine this coin with this GPU"

This is on Windows, RX580 8GB. Started yesterday on 2 out of 5 mining rigs with the same setup. Is this the beginning of the end for Claymore 15 or is there enything I can do?

Hi,

Add "-eres 0" in .bat

yes with -eres 0 works again,
Thanks
Activity: 106
Activity: 2

Hi,

Add "-eres 0" in .bat

Activity: 7
Merit: 5

Hi,

Add "-eres 0" in .bat

Your the man! So this means we have 1 or 2 EPOCs before it will be gameover for Claymore 15 on ETH?

I think so.
I'm already ready to migrate to phoenixminer, I even got a bigger hashrate but they say it's more unstable.

sorry about my English
Activity: 82
Merit: 3

Hi,

Add "-eres 0" in .bat

Your the man! So this means we have 1 or 2 EPOCs before it will be gameover for Claymore 15 on ETH?
legendary
Activity: 1852
Merit: 2841
All good things to those who wait

if you havent increased virtual memory in windows, i think you can get this error.

i think i had like 32 gigs VM but its been a while so check this thread the numbers are here.

I have 40Gb VM on the two rigs that has stopped and 32Gb on one of the 3 that's still running so that can't be the issue

Only the card on my computer under Windows is using the straps from Claymore with another miner, so this will be the only use of Claymore henceforth.

You quit Claymore manually at some point and then start Phoenix or some miner? Do you have to pause Claymore or stop it at a certain point to make it work?
Yes, I can either press 0 to disable the gpu and then start Phoenix. The timings are remembered until I close Claymore's windows. Or, I can run Claymore with non mineable coin like ETC and now ETH and then start phoenix.
Activity: 7
Merit: 5

Hi,

Add "-eres 0" in .bat

if you havent increased virtual memory in windows, i think you can get this error.

i think i had like 32 gigs VM but its been a while so check this thread the numbers are here.

I have 40Gb VM on the two rigs that has stopped and 32Gb on one of the 3 that's still running so that can't be the issue

Only the card on my computer under Windows is using the straps from Claymore with another miner, so this will be the only use of Claymore henceforth.

You quit Claymore manually at some point and then start Phoenix or some miner? Do you have to pause Claymore or stop it at a certain point to make it work?
legendary
Activity: 1852
Merit: 2841
All good things to those who wait
I thought I screwed up my Claymore but it is obvious that it is no longer working even with 8Gb gpus for other people as well. I am glad that I've managed to switch to another miner just yesterday. Now all my cards are working fine. Only the card on my computer under Windows is using the straps from Claymore with another miner, so this will be the only use of Claymore henceforth. Good bye good old Claymore! You are like Old Shatterhand in the wild crypto west  Grin
Activity: 2
I just had the same problem a few hours ago, one of my two rigs stopped working in the middle of the night, the other with exactly the same configuration is still working fine
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

Activity: 639
Merit: 19

You are right... you are having the normal problems that people is having arriving to the end of the EPOCH in Claymore...

You have different options:

- Not mine more ETC and ETH and miner other altcoins (EGEM, ETHO, ... ) with lost of profit...
- Change miner for another miner that it has continues development, for example lolMiner with support for AMD and Nvidia... It also includes the new algo for ETC that will come next week... so you will have different options to choose.

Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Claymore is without development already?

he is dead. I mean physically literally dead. Unless he returns in zombie mode there is no way he can continue development  Grin

He was last active a year ago but if you trace his wallets, he made some transaction back in the Summer. Since BTC and most likely ETH are going to moon and "might" hit ATH again, we will know if he is still out there whether he moves his ETH coins to an exchange. It would be irresponsible to not take some partial profits at least when ETH hit $1000 again. Since at 2 points in time, it hit a low of $80 and when you see profit that large you should take it.

Typically in most online settings, when someone quits a project, instead of announcing they are retiring from the project, they just stop posting. Pretty much become a ghost and move on to other things. Besides the DAG problem, the software was pretty stable and didn't really need much developement. Maybe he doesn't want to upgrade the software because he wants to give other miner devs some profit sharing. Plus the profits aren't the same as in 2017-2018.

Circumstances also change where it might be beneficial to not sell/move the coins. Perhaps he is moving countries. In the US the simple act of moving coins counts as a transaction as it's treated like real-estate property and not an equity.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Claymore is without development already?

he is dead. I mean physically literally dead. Unless he returns in zombie mode there is no way he can continue development  Grin

He was last active a year ago but if you trace his wallets, he made some transaction back in the Summer. Since BTC and most likely ETH are going to moon and "might" hit ATH again, we will know if he is still out there whether he moves his ETH coins to an exchange. It would be irresponsible to not take some partial profits at least when ETH hit $1000 again. Since at 2 points in time, it hit a low of $80 and when you see profit that large you should take it.

Typically in most online settings, when someone quits a project, instead of announcing they are retiring from the project, they just stop posting. Pretty much become a ghost and move on to other things. Besides the DAG problem, the software was pretty stable and didn't really need much developement. Maybe he doesn't want to upgrade the software because he wants to give other miner devs some profit sharing. Plus the profits aren't the same as in 2017-2018.
Activity: 64
Merit: 1
Hi Claymore, when you get a chance can you post your miner API to github?

I'm almost done with a FREE miner monitoring app (for ios) and would like to include your miner. When it's released on the app store I will start a new forum thread for it.

Thank you!
Pages:
Jump to: