Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 453. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 247
Merit: 59
Hi Guys, I am new here and also new on the mining world.  there is to much information to learn!

I am having issue, with my rig, I can't get more that 16 Mh/s on my GPUs, and i have not cloud what to do, I read the post here and see that each GPUs should be at least around 25Mh/s.

Mine setup is

4 XFX AMD R580 black edition with driver version 23.20

User the latest drivers from AMD.

Adrenalin Edition 18.1.1 - http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

Make sure you go into the AMD settings tool and set your video cards to "compute" not "graphics"...

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hi Guys, I am new here and also new on the mining world.  there is to much information to learn!

I am having issue, with my rig, I can't get more that 16 Mh/s on my GPUs, and i have not cloud what to do, I read the post here and see that each GPUs should be at least around 25Mh/s.

Mine setup is

4 XFX AMD R580 black edition with driver version 23.20
asrock H110
corsair HX1200i
running windows 10
running claymore 10.5

and this is start.bat file

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal . -epsw x -etha 0

I would appreciated any comments or any ideas to improve my Mh/s
thanks
Activity: 294
Merit: 12
I have some questions.

I habe 2 video cards in my PC, a 1070 and a rx 580

how can I set this miner up so I can mine 2 coins on the AMD and 2 coins on the NVIDA?

can someone post what the code would look like? How I can tell the bat file which video card to use?
Activity: 388
Merit: 13
Without him we wouldn't make any money, would we now?
Of course, there are other miners without devfee.

I have no issue paying the fee.
Yeah OK, then do it. And others should have the option to disable it without loosing speed.

Claymore does so many work to prevent that anybody disables this fee thing. Its like an obession. Why not spend this time to make the miner faster and more stable? So thats really dumb to put so much effort in it.

why does 10.6 fail the virus check?
Probably because Claymore uses a lot of techniques of viruses to "protect" his code from removing the mining fee.

I really can't understand this way of thinking.
If people are willing to use this software with devfee, it's worth it.
There are free alternatives. Just use Ethminer, for instance.
If this software is 10-15% faster than the free alternative, and the programmer takes 1% fee, everybody wins.

legendary
Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006
We need support for Dual Mining like blake2s

Yes, currently I'm looking for good PoWs for dual miner, it takes a lot of time. It seems blake2s coins are not popular.
I'm also working on new AMD miner for old well-known PoW, it seems I can make it x2 faster than current solutions, so be ready Smiley

Awesome news indeed. Looking forward to it. Gotta keep this operation profitable Cheesy

Thankyou man.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
The GPU index in Claymore's miners match the index in GPU-Z and most overclocking software. The easiest way I use to find which card matches each index is to use the cards setting software to turn on the GPU lights on/off on each GPU or use Afterburner to turn the fans up to 100% and then down to 25% on each GPU and make note of the index location.
Activity: 173
Merit: 100

Yes, currently I'm looking for good PoWs for dual miner, it takes a lot of time. It seems blake2s coins are not popular.

That's are good news, we need new coin for dual mining.
That's not going to be a popular attitude here.  If you don't want to pay him his fair share - and 1% mining ETH only or 2% dual mining (such as it is AMT), you should write your own miner and as others have suggested: STFU.  Nobody wants to hear that sh!t...

Otherwise, quit your bitching.  He wrote the software, we owe him his cut of the proceeds.  If it weren't for him 90% of us would not be making squat.

Seems there are a lot of people who just see $$$$ Signs in there eyes and don't know how to behave. These people often have very low brain capabilities so they use bad words and try to insult other people. With their brain capacity they can't recognize that they are betrayed by others. Thats really sad.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer

I'm also working on new AMD miner for old well-known PoW, it seems I can make it x2 faster than current solutions, so be ready Smiley
Activity: 14
@verloren55

No one forces you to use this software. Go somewhere else if you think it is too expensive. It is called free market.
Write your own software and offer it for 1%, and you will be earning money instead of Claymore....
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
I like this Miner, BUT 2 % devee is much too much. Claymore makes millions every month just with this little software. Is that fair? I'm willing to pay like 0.1 % but thats just greedy. I mine with the -nofee Option, its worth me instead of supporting greedy people.
That's not going to be a popular attitude here.  If you don't want to pay him his fair share - and 1% mining ETH only or 2% dual mining (such as it is AMT), you should write your own miner and as others have suggested: STFU.  Nobody wants to hear that sh!t...

Otherwise, quit your bitching.  He wrote the software, we owe him his cut of the proceeds.  If it weren't for him 90% of us would not be making squat.
Activity: 182
Merit: 13
Anyone had a problem with their GPU usage not being consistent and not at a high percentage? This is on a RX480 on stock bios, stock clocks, and tried blockchain, Adrenalin, and Crimson drivers. Hash rate is only 15 Mh/s

https://imgur.com/0w1X8Xx

open up your card, clean all the dirt, trust me there will shit ton of it. apply new thermal paste and then check again.
try to keep the card temperature atleast below 80.

you have to do this like once every two months

I actually applied new thermal paste about a week ago and my temps are very steady at 65 °C. I fixed the problem by turning off dual mining. Now I'm getting 25 Mh/s

Humm... what dcri option did you use?

Probably is this the problem to lower your hashrate. Try dual mining with a lower dcri, as -dcri 24
It’s possible to change the dcri option when the miner is running, just press +/- keys of the keyboard.
Without him we wouldn't make any money, would we now?
Of course, there are other miners without devfee.

I have no issue paying the fee.
Yeah OK, then do it. And others should have the option to disable it without loosing speed.

Claymore does so many work to prevent that anybody disables this fee thing. Its like an obession. Why not spend this time to make the miner faster and more stable? So thats really dumb to put so much effort in it.

why does 10.6 fail the virus check?
Probably because Claymore uses a lot of techniques of viruses to "protect" his code from removing the mining fee.
Activity: 259
Merit: 108
If you read the book the science of getting rich, one of the basic principles is the more opportunity you can make for others to make money the more successful you will be. Makes sense why claymore is successful so I have no issue paying the fee.

With that said.. why does 10.6 fail the virus check?
I actually applied new thermal paste about a week ago and my temps are very steady at 65 °C. I fixed the problem by turning off dual mining. Now I'm getting 25 Mh/s
Mod your BIOS, you'll get +20%
Activity: 10
Anyone had a problem with their GPU usage not being consistent and not at a high percentage? This is on a RX480 on stock bios, stock clocks, and tried blockchain, Adrenalin, and Crimson drivers. Hash rate is only 15 Mh/s

open up your card, clean all the dirt, trust me there will shit ton of it. apply new thermal paste and then check again.

Activity: 449
Merit: 251

Ive had many of my GPUs for 2-3 years never had to do that, dont let dust build up clean them every few months , I will RMA those bitches before i waste my time re-applying thermal past lol

well honestly depends on where the setup is. there are places in the world where no matter how hard you try you cant avoid dust, unless its a special air conditioned room.

secondly, i dont feel thats waste of my precious 15 mins -.-
Dust is everywhere ,  but 15 mins x 200 gpus is better to just RMA
Depends, I used to live in a dry and dusty state, had to clean my 2 rigs constantly.

I now live in a humid state, never dusted anything, the GPU heatsinks are clean.

If you are in dusty area, it helps if you keep windows closed, so at least air is somewhat filtered from HVAC. You could also get an air purifier. Reapplying thermal grease shouldn't be necessary unless temps abnormally high.
Is there a pool that charges less than 1%?
Neon on Burst coin  Grin Grin Grin
Is there a pool that charges less than 1%?
There are some and they have running costs. Server, software and so on. Claymore doesn't have. This has nothing to do with communism. I think a lot of people aren't aware that he makes so much money. So if you could disable developer fee and have the same hashrate, that would be ok. A lot of people wouldn't care if dev fee is the default option, so he still had enough money.
Activity: 58
Did someone solved the Nvidia GTX970 issue with DAG?

BR...
Jump to: